What kind of police force is such that hides proper information from the public?

I'm asking this because the good news just seem to be churning in back here where I live. The latest has been that the Finnish police force no longer provide ordinary people with their news bulletins nor will they give access to their news bulletin archives for them, which of course could have been accessed prior to this day. So, now only those associated with the right kind of media can gain access to them, and the rest of us normal folks here are left without knowledge as to what kind of added nonsense said news bulletins might come with, or what might be excised or censored from them, when they come through, ahem, the proper outlets.

So much for being a public servant, eh?
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sometimes cops need to hide information to not give suspect the edge
Maybe take a look at how China runs its affairs, and you might see a comparison. Brown Shirts is the new name for police now - but thankfully the military sees through this woke crap, in the UK at least, and are at a moments notice if police go full gestapo on us...
Don't know about police being racists, but certainly anti people, as they embrace woke culture and take to the knee...
Tick-Tock! Tick-Tock!  

If the British military sees through what the cops are up to, then that's certainly good to hear. And yeah, I hear what you are saying about the wokeness.

Cops are cowards and deceptive bastards and snakes, that's all they damn well are. They're part of the Praetorian class protecting the ruling elites from being punished for breaking the same rules they make, and they cover for themselves too.

"Rules for thee, but not for me." may as well be the motto of police and military and the politicians and billionaires they asskiss hoping one day they can become that powerful, because they're all gloryhounds.
This comment reminds me of the thousands of videos where anti-police protesters suddenly start callling police because someone defended themselves after being attacked by anti-police protesters.

:iconlolowlplz:

I don't call the cops, I ain't a snitch. You got the wrong idea projected onto me.

There are a lot of reasons besides illegal or immoral ones why police refuse to share information with the public.

1) They are downplaying criminal activity because they don't want to encourage criminal activity by giving criminals publicity.

2) They aren't sharing specific details about certain crimes because insane people or bored people try to take credit for a crime just to get attention. By keeping details secret they can find the right person during interviews.

3) They don't want to alarm the public any further.

4) They don't want to give a criminal a chance to escape by saying they know where he/she lives.

Not everything is a "police are pigs' consipiracy.

Plausible reasons, some more and some less than others. Some wouldn't be as much of a problem if the public was armed in general.

As I've written below, they've been pretty cautious as to what they released to the public prior to this day, and considering they don't even give the public access to their older notice archive suggests somethings not exactly right. Plus, they've done some stuff that have managed to do nothing but lower the public's trust in the police. Stuff like produce a youtube video using their lion mascot, which encouraged kids to report their parents to police for "hate speech", and being involved in political demonstrations when they should remain apolitical.

Bad nutjob! Stay in the Politics forum!
There probably is a reason for it.
Removing that sort of information from the public would be slowing down their investigations because most crimes need the public's help to solve them.

Are they still reporting on social media? It might just be their website isn't getting enough views to keep it there. 

Or possibly if a high number of criminals are black/minority, the police might be afraid of/or are getting a lot of threats because of it. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest, because police forces all over the world are getting this a lot of that now. It just means that now a lot of crimes will go unsolved or will take longer to solve. 
Yes, it could be that they are getting threats, but yet have their hands tied up by their superiors, and told not to do anything. Similar things have been seen in progress in the neighboring Sweden, where the state of the police is even worse than what it's in Finland.

And I'm pretty sure political correctness plays it's part in it too.

That makes sense. I would probably agree with you that it's partially, if not completely, politically correctness.

There's a reason why the Finnish police is sometimes dubbed Polpo, which is short for Political Police. Because occasionally, they overstep their boundaries, and do things that they really aren't supposed to do.

I didn't know that. That doesn't sound so good considering the police are supposed to be the protectors of the people.

Yeah, in our latest incident, the Finnish police investigative body started an investigation on a cop whose messages where found from a cell phone of a victim, who was a target of a murder attempt, and which crime was also being being under investigation. Said messages supposedly held contempt and hate against certain minority ethnic groups, and the basis for initiating the investigation was on grounds that the messages amounted to "inciting people against an ethnic group", which is completely idiotic. Because the said charge requires that the message is disseminated publicly, and this was purely personal communications. So just the fact that the investigation is completely baseless suggests that the motives behind it are purely political.

It's always frightening to hear of racist police officers. It would make sense that they would want to cover that up, it would cause SO much hatred towards the police and cause a lot of trouble. It is sad though, because sane people understand it's not the whole police force which are bad and racist, but a few individuals that give the bad name.

View all replies
Okay, what now? How does the police have control over news bulletins or archives? Is this in Prison or something?

Perhaps I should have used the plain word "bulletin" in the OP. The point is, the Police of Finland had a portion in their website which contained all the up-to-date notices about crimes that had happened, what and where, requests for witness accounts of crimes or information about missing people, that sort of stuff. You know, stuff that would help both the police and the ordinary citizens. But now all that's been removed, no doubt because of political correctness or something like that.

Ah, I see. I can understand why that might piss you off, but there could be severe negative effects if it isn't very carefully run. Say tipping off crime organisations about undercover work, tipping off suspects about potential witnesses or arrests that are coming, or revealing names of innocent people in a suspicious light, and getting them fired, ostracized or potentially destroy their attempts to gain their rights (custody battles, divorces, immigration papers, etc.). Maybe that happened once too often, and they got sued too much.

Well, from what I've seen, they seemed pretty careful and sparse about what information they released. Plus, from my understanding, it can be difficult for a person of police authority to get sued here. So I doubt it's that. My bet would be on that it's because of the increasing immigrant criminality, as has been told by some police officials before, that most of the criminal actions seem to come from people of immigrant background.

So it was potentially racist, and got percieved as such.

I don't see how sharing information about a suspect's identifying factors could be racism. The main concern of the police should be to get the suspect in custody, and if they're going by onlooker accounts, then it's mighty hard if they leave out crucial details like ethnicity, facial characteristics or that sort of things.

View all replies