Details

October 16
Link

Statistics

Replies: 118

Pansexuality doesn't exist

:iconalex-crocodylia:
alex-crocodylia Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's simply a fancy term to call bisexuality.

"I fall in love with people, not with their genitalia."
-> Oh, because I guess bisexual people don't, right? HEY YO COOCHIE, WHAT A NICE MAMA YOU HAVE RIGHT THERE, let me talk to ya, flying pussy!

"Bisexual people can only fall in love with men and women. Pansexuals fall in love even with non-binary people, such as transgender people etc."
-> Okay... But last time I checked, transgender people were either men or women. Sexuality (and not LOVE) has nothing to do with romantic attraction. It's sexual attraction, that's the word. Reproductive instinct. And as far as I'm concerned, you can either have a penis or a vagina, or both, or in rare cases non of the two, but we're going beyond the point.
The point is, sexuality revolves around genitalia. So if you're attracted to a transgender person, guess what? That person still has one of the two genitalia (either they transitioned or not). It's still a man or a woman.

"Well I'm panromantic etc. and I can get crushes on non-binary people. Bisexual can't."
-> Why. So you're telling me that if a bisexual is madly in love with a person, and this person comes out one day and says "Well, I'm actually transgender", or: "Well, I don't really feel like I belong to either sex. I am just me. Nor male or female.", you're gonna tell me this bisexual person is gonna go "Ewww oh my god that's gross, I suddenly don't love you anymore"? Are you kidding me?
I don't doubt there's people who do that, but there are many factors contributing to that, and bisexuality has nothing to do with accepting that person or not.

So yeah. Pansexuality is just a fancy term people use to distinguish themselves from bisexual people, because apparently being bisexual is bad now.

Try to change my mind. If you have a valid point, I will listen to you.

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconrhiethreal:
Rhiethreal Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Not everyone loves pandemics.
:iconthe-power-driller:
The-Power-Driller Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Artist
:lol:
:iconeyeballearth:
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
lmao
alex-crocodylia Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You are the winner, sir.
:icon0iorn0:
0iorn0 Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
Not all bisexuals are attracted to transgender's. Hence the need for the term. 

I will agree with you to a point; Terms like Demisexuality are largely just flavor text. While it does describe a specific phenomena its inclusion in anything isn't necessarily helpful to paint a better idea regarding the person you're speaking about. You'd still have to use gay, straight, bi, or pan in conjunction with Demisexual that reality renders the term irrelevant.  Words like it do have merit just not much. 

Think of it like fps in a video game. 4000 fps is a big jump from 160 but I can only fucking see up to 150 so why bother? Your additions are adding something but said thing isn't necessarily helpful due to the inability to actually make use of it.

"Why. So you're telling me that if a bisexual is madly in love with a person, and this person comes out one day and says "Well, I'm actually transgender", or: "Well, I don't really feel like I belong to either sex. I am just me. Nor male or female.", you're gonna tell me this bisexual person is gonna go "Ewww oh my god that's gross, I suddenly don't love you anymore"? Are you kidding me?'

Essentially yes. But being gender-neutral and transgender aren't the same thing. 
:icondecadentdeath:
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
op i agree with you, pansexuals just wanna be different and "more queer" or whatever to differentiateb themselves from those dreadful bi's lmao 
alex-crocodylia Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Can't tell if you're ironic or what ahah
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have never joked in my life
actually i unironically agree, bisexuality is the same thing as pansexuality. If people wanna call themselves pan that's FINE but it's still the same damn thing as bi. They make this distinction that oh, Bisexuals only date MEN or WOMEN on the binary spectrum, which isn't even necessarily true- it completely depends on the bisexual individual if they wanna date tranniess or NBs or whatever, there is really no need for another term.
Oh ok! I can never tell if someone is actually trolling or not xD
That's true. And I agree also with the fact that it's fine, but all it seems to me is that there are people who want to appear unique at all costs, so they make up or adopt terms without knowing the meaning or the real difference... if there's actually one.
And yes, dating a transgender on non-binary person goes way BEYOND the mere fact of being bisexual or not.
:iconmoni158:
moni158 Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There is a difference and your lack of interest to learn the distinction is your own problem. :lmao:
Ok, if you ever feel like explaining the difference (since you clearly know it), I'm here ;)
moni158 Featured By Owner Edited 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you're bi you're attracted to both sexes, pan you're attracted to someone's personality, what every sex they happen to be is not a factor. That's my understanding of it. I know people have mentioned it to you and you don't accept it. I couldn't tell the difference between bi and pan for the longest time either. You can say they are under the same umbrella but they describe different mindsets to how someone finds another persona attractive etc. 

I know I'm a condescending cunt but I do hope that helps a bit.
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Professional Writer
i think the way OP and some people define bisexuality, it's a sexual attraction to both male and female sexual organs. by that definition, yeah, bisexuality is an umbrella term for pansexuality. since by that definition, bis are into both cock and pussy :XD:....and what other organs are there?? ^^; :shrug: ...even intersex people have a combination of both. ...and no other sex organs are possible. [among the human species].
this is a purely sex-based definition of sexuality, and does not consider gender at all.
also (i believe) most bisexual people care about their partner's personality, and sex doesn't matter (because they are attracted to both sexes). ......although obviously a pleasant physical appearance is going to be attractive for both bisexual and pansexual people alike.
moni158 Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think op is ignoring a chunk of what goes into sexuality but if you do just strip it down to what sex they're attracted to then technically they are correct. :shrug: My understanding of pan is that the appearance/physical aspects aren't a factor and that's the distinction. It's all very confusing to be honest but that seems to be the common consensus. I consider it an extension of bi since you have to be bi to be pan but you can be bi without being pan.
I'm pretty sure its a fancy way to say you're hardwired to pick personality over looks.
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Professional Writer
ohh i see. :hug: thank you!
moni158 Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Np :meow:
You've given me the exact same explanation other peopel have tried to give in this very thread, and it makes no sense.
moni158 Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If a bunch of different people are giving you the same answer maybe thats saying something?
Just because a lot of people say the same thing, it doesn't mean it's true. Look at religion.
Sure but I can also say its like people trying to explain evolution to you but you've got it stuck in your head that it's not true.
Well, shame.
(1 Reply)
:iconmistgod:
Mistgod Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's okay for you to believe that "pansexual" is a thing and it's all shiny dude.  LOL  I am super glad for you.  You are so woke and informed!  Wow.  To think that just a few decades ago, pansexual didn't even exist.  How did people even survive?  
moni158 Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Calling me of all people woke, what a time to be alive.

You still salty? Look whos being condescending now. :lol:
Mistgod Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The way I personally see the world, anyone who tells others that they need to be more informed (or "self aware") while propagating woke culture SJW terms like "pansexual" and "panromantic" is a woke culture SJW or heavily influenced by it. I am a fossil and very removed from that crap. People now days don't even realize how much they have been brain washed into believing it or pandering to it. It's a belief system, plain and simple and I reject it. The categories and labels are contrived and kinda pointless in my opinion. I don't really need to be informed about them and know all the distinctions. I never comes up in my real life in any way. It only appears on the internet in places like this stupid little forum. It's okay if that means I have a smaller circle of "internet friends."
People don't have to do anything, If you think something is super important it's your responsibility to inform other people if you want them to know about it. Op is getting an explanation but just refuses the concept so I don't see the point. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Yes you're absolutely right, willful ignorance seems to be your thing.
If you say so. But, I don't think it's going to be problematic for me. LOL I do believe I will get along with life just fine without this deeply profound knowledge of yours.
I could tell you water is wet and you'd still find some stupid way to disagree with me. 
Why is it so important that I agree with you about anything whatsoever?
(1 Reply)
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  Professional Artisan Crafter
I'm pretty sure everyone falls in love with a person, not genitalia.
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Writer
im pretty sure for heterosexual and homosexual people, the person has to have certain genitalia for them to even entertain the thought of seeing this purrson in some romantic light.
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
pretty much, it's the genitalia that can make a difference between being a romantic prospect or friend
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Artisan Crafter
True, but it isn't the genitalia themselves that cause the person to be attractive to them, it's the gender presentation and appearance. 

There's a reason why they call it "bumping uglies."
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Writer
color-wise, the pansexual pride flag looks better than the bisexual flag :iconhurrplz:
I honestly like the bisexual flag colours better, I really like the shades! Blue is one of my favourite colours. 
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Writer
ahhh i see :nod: :shrug: as for me im not really big on the color purple... ^^; [though i like pink a lot]
Pink is a colour I hate ahahah
But I really like the idea of it, behind the bi flag. Males, females and a mixing colour symbolizing that you like both. I find that really well done.
Mistgod Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Why in the HELL does every sexual orientation even need a flag?  I am going to make my own flag, just for me.  Nobody else will have my flag.  My flag will have fire on it and will burn all the other flags it touches to ash.  It will be bigger too.  
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Writer
:giggle: designing flags is hard. [all the good ones are taken :XD: ] :la: wishing you good luck in your endeavor :la:
:iconmelianmarionette:
MelianMarionette Featured By Owner Edited 2 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Darn it!  We have been so distracted by the Complaints board this morning we haven't gone through our Instagram feed with all the lolita fashion girls, Tokyo idols, maid cafe girls, doll art and anime pictures.  AND NOW we are almost out of time and will have to get off the internet.  I hate it when that happens!  I haven't even had a chance to chat with my lolita and brolita friends on Facebook.  No, I disagree! 

I am wondering how Misty is going to make a flag that is on fire?  OH it should be black and red and say "MISTGOD SEXUAL" in big red letters.  
:iconnightfallfazbear:
NightfallFazbear Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My point is, I don't care. If you wanna identify as bi, cool. If you wanna identify as pan, cool. If you wanna identify as a pillow, cool. I'm not going to tell people who they can and can't be. It's not wrong or illegal, so why care?
Let people raise their flag and be proud of who they are.
That's really all I have to say.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner 3 days ago
All sexual orientations are just fancy terms people use to distinguish themselves from others. Stop approaching sexuality as some strict taxonomy, approach it more as a tool for communication, and these arguments start to matter a lot less.
:shrug:
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Traditional Artist
That's a beautiful approach actually.
:iconaspiepiestamps:
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Digital Artist
So what about people with Mixed sexual organs... Look it up it is called intersex... what if you are attracted to them???
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
intersex people are such a tiny fragment of the population though
alex-crocodylia Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Still bisexual.
:iconaspiepiestamps:
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Digital Artist
Okay... I don't think that most Bis like that but whatever???
alex-crocodylia Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
As I said, it doesn't have anything to do with bisexuality itself. Or at least that's my opinion.
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pansexuality should be the name for attraction to bonobos(Pan paniscus)
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Traditional Artist
Either way, bonobos are attracted to you.
Add a Comment: