Loosing Freinds because of a Virus..

Just got blocked by a friend who lives in London, who attended David Ike's anti-mask, anti-lockdown, coronavirus is a hoax protest in Trafalgar Square... I was concerned about her catching it when I saw her photo doing the rounds within the social  ufo/extraterrestrial group I associate with which is based in London. I told her about myself catching the virus, and have been recovering for six months, going onto the 7th month next week, and still not fully recovered to my normal self. She had a poster that said  she would rather die from the virus than without freedom... I never understand what they say about having no freedom when when logically it interperpates as  "the freedom to be infected". I would be devastated if I heard she died from the virus, and she would probably would be shocked to hell, if she survived the virus and then passes it onto someone she loves who might die from it. I expressed my concern, giving her advice to be careful. But what caused the block, was when I later saw her post about David Ike, where she believes his speech was brilliant.. I have her my mind about Ike, as I did not want to talk about her, but the the topic about Ike. I told her David Ike  hates extraterrestrials, he is a racist, and an anti LGBTIQ+ bigot, who talks bullshit, and believes the virus is a hoax , and the disease COVID 19 is caused by 5G technology, and that he is a moron. I got blocked for saying that on facebook. Then I asked her why she favoured the BS of an insane mad man over my experience of being sick from this virus and still trying to recover.. she went on that it was her sister using her account, and will be unblocked in a. few days which didn't make sense.. I didn't want to argue, I just posted my cover lyrics "Never ending recovery" of "never ending story", and told her I am frustrated with people, the virus and the recovery never wanting to end. and then my painting which is almost complete.. got no response after that

oh I can't edit my" friends" spelling mistake in heading... argh 
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
One of my friends refuses to wear a mask everywhere. I told her that until this goes away I will not see her. I mean, she goes to the mall and everything

Listen, if I catch the shit I catch it, but there is other people around. I should not be worried about spreading that crap while not showing the symptoms. I an careful, be careful too

Understandable.. , I have caught this virus, and experiencing it is worse than the flu, and I am still not recovered since 6 months , going onto the 7th next week. Yes I am being careful the best I can.. and I have been wearing a gas mask when I go into the shops.

It is too long. I hope you are OK and do not develop more issues.

Seems like is lasting forever

Yes it is , that is why I wish never to catch it a second time.. the antibodies last for about 3 months , and you can catch it again, not good when your recovery is dragging on, which could make you worse. Thanks I hope not. It does, and some people say the flu is worse than this... they know nothing ..

I wear a mask everywhere I go and have to be carefull cause my bro who i share an apartment with has a compromised immune system, so i do a lot of ordering food and groceries and such to be a lot safer, only going out if i have to with a mask on. all these crazy people who think it's a hoax, id love to see them tell that to the face of someone who's lost someone during this pandemic, if i was told it was a hoax and had lost someone to it, that person who told me it was a hoax would be flat on their back on the ground after a really good slap, cause i have friends who have lost family to covid, so i find it hateful and hurtful when ppl on the streets and such say "oh its a hoax, or dont take it soo serious* cause my bro could either be serious in the hospital or die from it if he got it.
Not a good friend.. I'm sorry that happened to you.

I know.. she never was much communicative , perhaps because she is mostly busy.. but it has been an upsetting experience that she put conspiracies before my wellbeing.

Thanks for trying to reason with your friend.  She needs that kind of reality check.  That you reached out to her and tried to talk it out.  Shows you care.  The rest is up to her even if she's not 100% convinced.  I hope she at least uses her common sense from here on out.

Thank you, I did try... I usually am snappy as you know on the forums here.. but because she was in my friend circle I tried to be less snappy and bitey and boom... got a block on faecesbook .. I am on that website because me shielding since I caught the virus.. in March, cant afford another reinfection while recovery feeling never ending. I hope so to, as I feel the virus if she catches would not be very lite.

If it's a close friend, it might hurt at first. But in that situation, I would cut my ties with them. I refuse to associate myself with someone that would willingly endanger other people's lives like that. I have standards and she wouldn't make the cut.

Thank you very much for the advice.

She chose her delusions over you. It's probably for the best that she blocked you. 

it is upsetting that she chose that ...

the same mentality you can't tell a kid what to do, is worse with adults.  posting out real facts and studies and not listening to the government is what should have been done.  people die every day from something or they don't, that's just how it works.  it's their choice to/not to wear a mask, if one is wearing one properly their chances of catching something from someone not wearing a mask is lowered.  same with going after these anti vaccine people, if people are properly vaccinated it doesn't matter.  it's all about choices and consequences.

so, the person blocked you due to politics and not a mask... don't talk politics with friends, consequences...  I mean from the wiki page alone en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ic… he seems like a nut but don't tell your friends that! inner voice!

I couldn't help it.. especially if she is part of a ufo/extererestrial social group.. and Ike hates extraterrestrials and blames imaginary lizard people labelled as extraterrestrials causing the shit happening on the planet... meanwhile it is greedy selfish , brutal human beings who got their way to the top by exploiting and standing on other's dreams and futures.