gender and sexuality

it's weird how fixated people are on other people's gender and sexuality because it really doesn't matter unless you're trying to have a relationship with them, and there's an insane preoccupation with speculating on intimate aspects of other people's lives. does it make you feel whole to be invasive about how other people conceptualize themselves?
Comments172
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's because western culture has been so repressed for so long. 
Persecution complex much?

If I were to say that I believe a transgender female is entitled to "walk in their own truth", though my own truth is that deep down they're really a male individual... how exactly am I hounding trans folk by not believing as they do?

The same thing applies when trans females up and sign themselves up for competition against biological females. How is my seeing that and saying "this is wrong and unfair" me going out of my way to obsess over and hound trans folk?
<------  See the avatar and you wonder if I worry about being invasive?

:lol: Seriously, I really don't care and don't pry.  I think there are three kinds of people in the world:  Those who don't care, those who think biology is law and it should be enforced, and those who flaunt their unique identity for attention.
I couldn't give a fiddler's fart about the gender and sexuality of other peoples other than how it might be momentarily entertaining.  I certainly don't give a flying poop about yours right now.  I am sure you don't care about mine either so....  this thread is lame.  
DA why is Helicopter still not an option for gender? I am a helicopter!

Helicopter by lucife56  
Or Airbus A330-200 w Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engines ... !! WHYY  Cry forever 
As I know, some people do actions based on articles of numerology, where they get information how they should react on different circumstances or on different people. Few days ago I could find this page with some analytics about "angel number" 311. Do you think it's true? I mean, do you believe that astrology and numerology can affect on relationship between two different persons?
Cause funny haha memes. 
People would be much happier if they minded their damn business
Yup, that's for sure. 
Yeah this is the biggest bulshit that was invented in the 21st century i was fine with 3 genders and 3 sexualities,but this has become too much. They, zei, zeer... whats with the letter replacement pronouns this is so annoying just choose she, he or it! Is it that hard to stop at they/them? wtf 
md0x, I think that there are a lot of things in your life, that can affect on you in the specific way, so you will make a specific decision after all.
This is a social media phenomenon.

You don't hear that much talk on the bus or at the grocery store.
Now and then, someone saunters into the grocery store that does not identify as male or female, and nobody really cares.
Maybe some old people stare at the person, but I don't see the preoccupation much in mainstream North America, especially not in urban centres.

Most adults have too much of their own shit to worry about to let a stranger's sexuality effect them.

yeah um your experiences aren't universal unfortunately

I don't think this is the case. From what I've seen its people fixated on their own gender/sexuality and won't shut up about it or stop forcing it down uninterested parties throats. You're different? cool more power to you but not everyone wants to talk about you and your pet issue non stop.

And to state the obvious the people who do legit stick their noses in other people's business are assholes.

i wish people wouldn't tell me how straight they are all the

Has that ever actually happened?

do you think straight people don't constant tell other people about their sexuality in public places, including actually acting it out in public spaces?

It was a question.

And everyone does that, straight or not. Why does it bother you so much.

you were asking abt people shoving their sexuality in your face... if everyone does it, why is it only treated as a societal issue when gay people exist in public? that's the point lol. if i can't be in public without acknowledging straight people they should not be avoidant of gay people.

I don't see how you expect to battle a problem by emulating it. Seems pretty counterintuitive/immature.

Well unless you're just frustrated and having a moan, then you do you I guess. 
View all replies
right? i really don't understand how it's somebody else's business what's in somebody's pants or what they personally find attractive, lmao - don't people realize how fucking creepy they are?
Some people rub it into everyones face and are really annoying about it, but yeah in 99,9% it doesn't matter unless you want to date.