August 8
Link

Statistics

Replies: 70

I hate new design why forced?

:iconmonstermmorpg:
MonsterMMORPG Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020
Extremely inefficient to browse

Also I can not add people to certain categories? previously i was able to compose watch lists

How do i do that? how do i see my existing watch category?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongametrek:
GameTrek Featured By Owner Edited Aug 14, 2020  Professional General Artist
I know right? Why can't we just program ourselves the old website and get enough users and flounders.

You know why?

1 ) It works good on something like Samsung Internet browser which has gone Chrome ( AKA google browser rebranded ). AKA your phone with private information like

A. Your messages you see when it is locked ( can be viewed by other apps )
B. Your mail-box if it is set on automatic
C. The numbers and other applications ( like Whatsapp ) thus linking you to people.
D. Browser information left open like your search history.

Bottom line many applications runs when you turn on your phone. These applications collect data you make available for them

THAT IS WHY NEW DA DOES NOT HAVE ANY ADVERTISMENTS OR MARKETING MATERIAL. IT IS DATA COLLECTING IN THE BACKGROUND AS WITH MOST PHONE APPS.

However DA fails via the home user.

2 ) Wix services targets performers

Art-whores
Yuppie-scum
Moron-realtors
People with nose up their behinds with smug too dumb to do anything but fakk fakk fakk and be candy-men, dancers, entertainers, models, etc.

Wix do not care about you. They just want you to have sex for money or do whatever your privilege self does and pay them cash up front.

.............................................................................................................

I make websites with all kinds of tools but I make sure they can load on all devices

Another thing to know about WIX.

WIX websites literally can only be viewed through browsing the actual website even if it is archived.

Bare in mind that google is pro anti-privacy
Bare in mind WIX is targeting the fithly wealthy

DA maintainers are just happy to have a job, which was part of the deal in their purchase.

At it's bare minimum DA peeps are no different then those art people at "Burning Man" all looking for loose drugged up poon and or cock or whatever comes by.

Instead of making an art website they made something even greater then Facebook
:iconlem0nseizure:
Lem0nseizure Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2020  Student Digital Artist
I only spend time on forums because most of deviantart is ruined by eclipse except this place.  I'll be your huckleberry! 
:icongoldaneagle:
goldaneagle Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020
YOU STILL CANT SCROLL THROUGH PAGES
:iconsorbetesu:
Sorbetesu Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i hate it too, i’m still struggling to navigate shit, DX
but it has been a while since it’s been made permanent, we’re just gonna have to get used to it sadly :/
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020
It’s going to improve just like how the previous one was improved. :shrug: 
if you want those features back, submit feedback to them. 
:iconinvisiblesniper:
InvisibleSniper Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2020  Student Writer
I dont want to be toxic , but coudnt whoever is responsible like delay eclipse and add some of those features instead of adding bare bones.

Feels like buying tripple a game. You are buying bare bone game, they gonna patch up rest.
:iconmorjer:
MorJer Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Categories are not coming back (as far as I know), so even if the site does improve, it'll do so at a far slower rate than it's currently deteriorating.
:iconrhiethreal:
Rhiethreal Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
You know they don't read any of that, right?  It is the equivalent of a bottomless feedback box positioned over a garbage bin.  That is why they put it on its own site.  To get it off of DA proper.  Out of site, out of mind.

Just ask yourself, "when was the last time they made a meaningful improvement to Eclipse based on feedback?".
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020
They actually read it.
But using the feedback form to be toxic to stuff and literally just putting insults and what not rather than actual valuable feedback on what is not working and why, and what can be added instead doesn't help and not fun to dig through to get actual feedback. Seriously, we have been using it from the beginning and what not. :shrug:

Also, should add, any bug reports about the new site should go through filing a bug report by contacting DeviantArt Customer Service Centre rather than the Eclipse Feedback Form.

o-o by phoenixleo  

Also, when things are suggested as feature requests/feedback, things fall on a priority list. The more people suggest/request a feature or provide feedback on certain issues, the more they are going to put effort on that one than say someone who asked for a music autoplayer on the site.

There's also current feature requests people can vote on that are open and those that have been launched: www.deviantartsupport.com/en/f…
I almost forgot this cute little gem:

"Using the new Premium Galleries feature, deviants can monetize access to an exclusive set of art"

They are literally adding the option to paywall your art work on the site, because that leads to a wholesome and inclusive community, right? Oh wait, they said in the write up that their goal is to be EXCLUSIVE (as in exclude), rather than inclusive.

Of course, DA will be taking a 20% cut of all your earnings too and will still disallow any adult content.  Meanwhile, Patreon is more free, open, and established, and even then Patreon only takes around 10 to 15% last time I checked.
:iconthatwaslefthanded:
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist
Rhiethreal Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
so do us all a favor and go ahead and do it
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist
You first.
Rhiethreal Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
no you
(1 Reply)
They literally don't read it. They just give us what they were planning on adding for their own whims anyway then dress it up like it is coming from feedback.
  • People asked for having categories in search back. They gave us a crappy chat room feature instead.
  • People asked for the more detailed watch notifications to be return.
  • An option to start on the "all" tab of your deviant watch page.
  • A way to get right of the blank/image spot on the top of your profile page.
  • The ability to remove "From Deviants You Watch" section from the main page, to make room for discovering new artists instead of seeing what you already see in your watch list or on the dedicated tab for it.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
Those are all meaningful suggestions for changes that would affect how user friendly and enjoyable the site is to use. Are any of those what they open the ability to vote on? NOPE!!!
So what do the open a vote on? What's an example of a meaningful change is more important and higher on the priority list than all of that?
"DO YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADJUST THE ORDER OF YOUR BADGES?"
Now tell me again how they actually listen to feedback, so I can laugh at you even harder.
inb4: you play the victim card and block me for telling you a truth you don't want to hear
:iconazurelly:
Azurelly Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
By being toxic towards to the staff it sure won't be heard. Simple as that :shrug: 
:iconpyricus:
Pyricus Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  New Deviant
Oh, don't be silly now. Even with constructive criticism, the least they'll tell those people is "we've heard you" and still don't do anything. What difference does it really make?

The softer your language is, they talk you down.

The harder your language is, they simply ignore.

Lose/Lose.
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2020  Hobbyist
Who's alt are you?
Chicken or the Egg. People weren't being "toxic to the staff" at first. The toxicity started when it was clear that they were not listening to feedback, and were going live with this train wreck no matter what.
Additionally, they are the professionals here, so they have no excuse to be petty over justifiable anger from their clients/suppliers. They should be able to separate the nuggets of truth from the angry rants. It's literally their job.
No, most of them are just yelling at them because they don't get their twinkies like little kids.
Plus, they used cowardly their anonymity behind their computer screen to yell at them even more till to blunt threats. In real, they're too coward to say exacly that what they wrote right into the faces of the dA staff :hmm:
What are you, twelve?
And besides: How can I be twelve if I've been here for 10 years? ;) 
Your parents opened an account for you to avoid placing your pictures on the fridge?
Maybe you? :?
:iconmonstermmorpg:
MonsterMMORPG Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020
ye exactly like that. that feedback is 100% ignored
:iconliterallybeanie:
Literallybeanie Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020
Couldn’t you have just talked about this when it was relevant for the time. It’s literally like talking about Harambe in 2020.
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist
Pretty much :lol:
What up lefty, havenít seen you in awhile. How you doing?
Nothing much, just got a new monitor recently.
Desktop 08/05/20
Oooo nice
:iconthecunningcondor:
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
OP blocked me because I called him out on his childishly theatrical behavior. What a winner.
I remember them whining about the fact that you can't sell fan art as prints.
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Funny, cuz I did just that earlier this year.
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner Edited Aug 8, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
People are still pretending Eclipse is bad? I thought the latest fad was pretending The Last of Us Part II is bad.
MorJer Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
People aren't pretending Eclipse is bad. It simply is. You seem far less cunning than your name would suggest.

On a side note: TLoU2 is great.
Aside from a deviation miscount, Iíve yet to experience a single glitch, bug, or issue with eclipse at all. Only complaints Iíve seen so far are identical to those of Tloup2; nonsensical juvenilia.
"I have never seen oxygen, therefore it doesn't exist."
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Iíve never seen a unicorn either.
That by itself is not proof of their non-existence. It's why new species or species thought long extinct are still being discovered today.
MorJer Featured By Owner Edited Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The by far biggest problem I have with the new UI is the complete lack of organisation. The devs scrapped more than 1000 top and sub level categories, some of which I would browse quite frequently. RFY is just an endless stream of random pictures I'm usually not interested in and I can't seem to affect the selection in any way. Clicking on "Show less like this" hasn't shown any effect so far. I've muted some tags, so DA isn't showing me most of the fetish stuff here, but the rest is still a complete mess.
I also haven't been able to get nearly as good search results with the search engine, that'll at best show me 30% of the images I used to be able to find. The Topics are borderline useless, since the engine that compiles the collections treats tags, images descriptions and titles as equal. The Topic 3D for example regularly has less than 50% 3D images. Yesterday afternoon only 11 of the first 50 images that were supposed to be 3D renders actually were. The rest were photomanipulations, photos or digital paintings, most even tagged as such.
I have been on DA for almost 13 years now and have never before found it so difficult to find art I'm actually interested in even though I know there's plenty of it here somewhere.
Oh, and as a fun fact: I have a picture titled "RIP Deviantart" as the Spotlight image of my gallery. If I try to replace it, I get this:
Clipboard03
As if DA were self-aware of it's problems... :)
Azurelly Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's a recent error. Wait and try it later or report it as bug if this issue continues. Simple as that :shrug: 
I don't really care about that bug. It's the least of DA's problems.
Azurelly Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Then why complaining if you don't care? :shrug:
What complaining? I find it ironic and literally called it a "fun fact". I was however complaining about the lack of categories as well as RFY and the Topics not working the way they should. And before you ask: I did that because that's what this thread was created for. :roll:
(1 Reply)
You dont sound like youre particularly supportive of a site youve supposedly been on for 13 years.
No, I am not, and I just explained why that's the case. I like how you've ignored everything I wrote. How cunning.
Youre still here. If you truly didnt want to support the site, stop using it. Better with less toxic folks cluttering up the community.
TheCunningCondor, you are the one being the most toxic right now and are the one playing make believe.

You: There are no problems
Others: You want a list?  Here you go.
You: OMG, just leave!!!  
You claimed people didn't have any real reasons to dislike Eclipse. You claimed they were just making things up. I gave you plenty of legit reasons, to which your only reply has been: "Leave the site! You're toxic. DA would be better with less people like you!" Wow! Go fuck yourself, asshole!
Add a Comment: