I hate new design why forced?

Extremely inefficient to browse

Also I can not add people to certain categories? previously i was able to compose watch lists

How do i do that? how do i see my existing watch category?
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I know right? Why can't we just program ourselves the old website and get enough users and flounders.

You know why?

1 ) It works good on something like Samsung Internet browser which has gone Chrome ( AKA google browser rebranded ). AKA your phone with private information like

A. Your messages you see when it is locked ( can be viewed by other apps )
B. Your mail-box if it is set on automatic
C. The numbers and other applications ( like Whatsapp ) thus linking you to people.
D. Browser information left open like your search history.

Bottom line many applications runs when you turn on your phone. These applications collect data you make available for them

THAT IS WHY NEW DA DOES NOT HAVE ANY ADVERTISMENTS OR MARKETING MATERIAL. IT IS DATA COLLECTING IN THE BACKGROUND AS WITH MOST PHONE APPS.

However DA fails via the home user.

2 ) Wix services targets performers

Art-whores
Yuppie-scum
Moron-realtors
People with nose up their behinds with smug too dumb to do anything but fakk fakk fakk and be candy-men, dancers, entertainers, models, etc.

Wix do not care about you. They just want you to have sex for money or do whatever your privilege self does and pay them cash up front.

.............................................................................................................

I make websites with all kinds of tools but I make sure they can load on all devices

Another thing to know about WIX.

WIX websites literally can only be viewed through browsing the actual website even if it is archived.

Bare in mind that google is pro anti-privacy
Bare in mind WIX is targeting the fithly wealthy

DA maintainers are just happy to have a job, which was part of the deal in their purchase.

At it's bare minimum DA peeps are no different then those art people at "Burning Man" all looking for loose drugged up poon and or cock or whatever comes by.

Instead of making an art website they made something even greater then Facebook
I only spend time on forums because most of deviantart is ruined by eclipse except this place.  I'll be your huckleberry! 
YOU STILL CANT SCROLL THROUGH PAGES
i hate it too, i’m still struggling to navigate shit, DX
but it has been a while since it’s been made permanent, we’re just gonna have to get used to it sadly :/
It’s going to improve just like how the previous one was improved. :shrug: 
if you want those features back, submit feedback to them. 
I dont want to be toxic , but coudnt whoever is responsible like delay eclipse and add some of those features instead of adding bare bones.

Feels like buying tripple a game. You are buying bare bone game, they gonna patch up rest.
You know they don't read any of that, right?  It is the equivalent of a bottomless feedback box positioned over a garbage bin.  That is why they put it on its own site.  To get it off of DA proper.  Out of site, out of mind.

Just ask yourself, "when was the last time they made a meaningful improvement to Eclipse based on feedback?".
They actually read it.
But using the feedback form to be toxic to stuff and literally just putting insults and what not rather than actual valuable feedback on what is not working and why, and what can be added instead doesn't help and not fun to dig through to get actual feedback. Seriously, we have been using it from the beginning and what not. :shrug:

Also, should add, any bug reports about the new site should go through filing a bug report by contacting DeviantArt Customer Service Centre rather than the Eclipse Feedback Form.

o-o by phoenixleo  

Also, when things are suggested as feature requests/feedback, things fall on a priority list. The more people suggest/request a feature or provide feedback on certain issues, the more they are going to put effort on that one than say someone who asked for a music autoplayer on the site.

There's also current feature requests people can vote on that are open and those that have been launched: www.deviantartsupport.com/en/f…
I almost forgot this cute little gem:

"Using the new Premium Galleries feature, deviants can monetize access to an exclusive set of art"

They are literally adding the option to paywall your art work on the site, because that leads to a wholesome and inclusive community, right? Oh wait, they said in the write up that their goal is to be EXCLUSIVE (as in exclude), rather than inclusive.

Of course, DA will be taking a 20% cut of all your earnings too and will still disallow any adult content.  Meanwhile, Patreon is more free, open, and established, and even then Patreon only takes around 10 to 15% last time I checked.

so do us all a favor and go ahead and do it

View all replies

They literally don't read it. They just give us what they were planning on adding for their own whims anyway then dress it up like it is coming from feedback.

• People asked for having categories in search back. They gave us a crappy chat room feature instead.

• People asked for the more detailed watch notifications to be return.

• An option to start on the "all" tab of your deviant watch page.

• A way to get right of the blank/image spot on the top of your profile page.

• The ability to remove "From Deviants You Watch" section from the main page, to make room for discovering new artists instead of seeing what you already see in your watch list or on the dedicated tab for it.

• Etc.

• Etc.

• Etc.

• Etc.

• Etc.

Those are all meaningful suggestions for changes that would affect how user friendly and enjoyable the site is to use. Are any of those what they open the ability to vote on? NOPE!!!

So what do the open a vote on? What's an example of a meaningful change is more important and higher on the priority list than all of that?

"DO YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADJUST THE ORDER OF YOUR BADGES?"

Now tell me again how they actually listen to feedback, so I can laugh at you even harder.

inb4: you play the victim card and block me for telling you a truth you don't want to hear

By being toxic towards to the staff it sure won't be heard. Simple as that :shrug: 
Oh, don't be silly now. Even with constructive criticism, the least they'll tell those people is "we've heard you" and still don't do anything. What difference does it really make?

The softer your language is, they talk you down.

The harder your language is, they simply ignore.

Lose/Lose.

Chicken or the Egg. People weren't being "toxic to the staff" at first. The toxicity started when it was clear that they were not listening to feedback, and were going live with this train wreck no matter what.

Additionally, they are the professionals here, so they have no excuse to be petty over justifiable anger from their clients/suppliers. They should be able to separate the nuggets of truth from the angry rants. It's literally their job.

No, most of them are just yelling at them because they don't get their twinkies like little kids.

Plus, they used cowardly their anonymity behind their computer screen to yell at them even more till to blunt threats. In real, they're too coward to say exacly that what they wrote right into the faces of the dA staff :hmm:

What are you, twelve?

And besides: How can I be twelve if I've been here for 10 years? ;) 
View all replies
ye exactly like that. that feedback is 100% ignored
Couldn’t you have just talked about this when it was relevant for the time. It’s literally like talking about Harambe in 2020.