Details

August 7
Link

Statistics

Replies: 69

"Let's call CPS on an innocent mother for giving her autistic daughter MEDICAL marijuana"!

:iconlibbysspecies:
LibbysSpecies Featured By Owner Edited Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxyrdx…

To the people who reported her:

FUCKING. SCREW. YOU. If you don't like the idea of medical marijuana or the idea of giving to a child, fine. But to try to take said child who DESPERATELY NEEDS IT away from a responsible, loving mother, fucking screw you. Kelbee seems to have a lot of digestive issues, and I bet they tried everything they can, but the marijuana is what specifically works for her. Why are you trying to take that away from her along with a loving mother? Do you know how much worse and how much more MISERABLE Kelbee would be without either of those? Oh wait, no you fucking don't unless you watch a lot of her videos. YOU. DON'T. KNOW. WHAT. SHE. NEEDS. BECAUSE. YOU. ARE. NOT. TAKING. CARE. OF. HER. You could know every single issue she has and still not know what she needs. 

Unless I add more, I'm done here. This is so infurating. :angry: 

No braindead jokes. Not here.

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconalexanderdesade:
AlexanderDeSade Featured By Owner Aug 25, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i'm not well read up on this, but GENERALLY imo you shouldn't give meds of any sort to someone if it hasn't been prescribed by an actual professional?
it might work for her, same way anti-depressants would work on another person, but without an actual prescription, you probably shouldn't be doing/taking whatever it is... let a doctor do an evaluation first, deciding what's best for the individual, in case there could be underlying troubles and/or other meds inferfering, i don't know...
:iconscorbuniis:
Scorbuniis Featured By Owner Aug 22, 2020
I'm unsure about my opinion since I don't know the situation 100% but I would like to clarify to commenters that the child was given weed for digestive issues, not because she was autistic. OP just thought that part was important to mention in the title.
LibbysSpecies Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Probably should not have put autistic in the title. --;
:icondrakensson:
Drakensson Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2020
Oh! So you wanna hide crucial information
LibbysSpecies Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's not that. It's just that the autistic part is probably not as important as I thought. (only way I think I can explain this.)
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2020  Professional Writer
Discord Thinkeyes  the video linked in your original post has been privated.... (this the first time i clicked on it.... so i didnt get to see what it was Tenzin Shrug  )
:iconvanveleca:
VanVeleca Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yo if my mom gave me some dank kush I would be sooooooo happy
:icondrakensson:
Drakensson Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2020
Dankus druggus
:XD:
.......Even if it doesn't get you high? It's not supposed to give a high.
:iconvanveleca:
VanVeleca Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
FUCK!
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020
Is cannabis even effective at treating autism? Also what dosages?
it's not. :lol:

"there is no clinical guidance on the use of cannabinoids in people with autism spectrum disorder.  For example, there is limited information on the dose schedule, adverse effects, target symptoms or treatment duration."

"Parents and autistic adults should carefully consider the costs, risks and benefits of a drug that has not been proven effective or safe."
:iconcyberrobotnix:
CyberRobotnix Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah post random untrustworthy sources big man.
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2020  Professional Writer
:lol: and a vlogging YouTube mom (who privates her video the moment it gets backlash) is a more trustworthy source than Autism Science Foundation?
Post a source from a medical firm cringelord, all you do is post sources from tabloids and autismspeak-tier websites. I wouldn't be surprised if you unironically listened to CNN. :lol:
are you seriously suggesting giving marijuana to a 4 year old child?
gif
gif
gif
gif
No, I suggest you stop posting bullshit because you're very good at it.
gif
gif
BTW you're back at gaslighting.
i dont believe you understand the term gaslighting very well. LOL. if you agree with me that 4 year olds should not be given medical marijuana 'to treat their autism', then why are you trying to discredit a source that says 4 year olds should not be given medical marijuana?
gif
(1 Reply)
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2020
Good to know.

I wonder if micro dosing magic mushrooms would do anything.
:iconaspiepiestamps:
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Aug 13, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Well I am not sure if the link she is using is endorsed by actual autistic people though.... 

I have stopped having flash backs from PTSD... No longer stem as much and a host of other things due to using weed med???
In case of the marijuana, her mom is trying her best to take care of her daughter, do try to remember that. In case of the focus on her daughter, she'll put less focus on her in her videos.
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Professional Writer
?? does marijuana help with autism??????  first time ive ever heard of this. (and i know people who have autism in real life....and none of them use marijuana....in a country where even recreational use is legal .....so LMAO. feeding your underage child a highly addictive drug that damages brain cells??? as 'medicine' :lol: and you're upset Child Protection Services were called?? LOL.)

.......you do know that actual medication for autism symptomps exists? right? -->>   www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topic…

but it has to be prescribed by a licensed doctor, because only a doctor can tell if you actually need it, which meds should be used in your case, and what dosage. even the safest medication has side effects. medical marijuana is not the only option.

this website also seems to suggest it is unsafe to give marijuana to kids, and there are no proved health benefits in doing so... perhaps the loving mom meant well, but her uninformed action still hurt her child. :shrug:

"The marijuana plant contains over 100 chemical compounds called cannabinoids. Of these, the compounds of greatest interest are tetrahydrocannabinoid (THC), and cannabidiol (CBD).  THC is a psychoactive compound, use of which leads to a “high” including symptoms of euphoria and memory loss. There are also effects on coordination and perception. CBD is not psychoactive, although it does have effects in the brain."

"In the absence of results from well-designed and carefully conducted studies there is no clinical guidance on the use of cannabinoids in people with autism spectrum disorder.  For example, there is limited information on the dose schedule, adverse effects, target symptoms or treatment duration."

"The psychoactive form of medical marijuana, or THC, has also been used by families in the autism community. When Colorado legalized recreational marijuana there were reports of families moving there to obtain it legally.  There are many known adverse effects of THC, such as increased anxiety, psychotic thinking and cyclic vomiting. Because of its psychoactive properties parents should be very cautious about giving THC  to their children.  It should not be smoked, as there is evidence that smoking marijuana is linked to lung cancer.  Some parents have reported giving their children THC-containing “edibles”. However, THC may have serious side effects in children and should be ingested only under strict medical supervision."

"Parents and autistic adults should carefully consider the costs, risks and benefits of a drug that has not been proven effective or safe."

:iconcalthyechild:
calthyechild Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I am completely pro medical marijuana, but she shouldn't have been broadcasting her child's health care problems and treatment to the world. If you invite input from any stranger, some people are bound to disagree. Humans never manage to universally get along. Her kid deserves privacy growing up with a disability or health care problem. If she hadn't put her choices on the internet for the world to see, she never would have been reported for a stupid reason. I don't support vlogging or blogging moms who broadcast their child's precious younger years. I imagine she wants to raise awareness for the success stories behind MMJ but ehh, that kinda makes me cringe.

Anyway, that said, yeah, there's a lot of ignorance regarding MMJ. I know many people who've been helped by using it. It's a very flexible herb for medical relief. I wish it didn't have the stigma it does. It is, however, not good for children unless absolutely necessary, as one negative impact it has is on the development of pathways in the brain, which mean that prior to 21 and your brain's cessation of growth into adulthood, it will have an impact on your intelligence and focus for the rest of your life if you make a habit of it. I didn't begin using it medicinally until I was out of this stage of my life to ensure no negative damage is done. My brother, however, made the mistake of using it much earlier and has had an impact on his ability to learn... he's worked a lot harder to achieve any scholarly achievements afterwards. So I would not recommend it for all children who could be helped by it, only for extreme cases. That's why medication decisions should be done with intense research and the aid of a doctor, and not the brigading of the masses.
Honestly since that wasn't good for her child, she should have found another method to help him cope with his autism.

There are therapists who help autistic children, that should have been what she should've done immediately.

The ppl who called the CPS had the right reaction IMO even if there could have been other things done to help the kid.
:iconoceans-and-galaxies:
oceans-and-galaxies Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't agree with the people who reported her, but something about that channel has always rubbed me up the wrong way. I watch for the dogs, but it's just a little unsettling how much she shares about her daughter. Sometimes it seems like she's talking about her daughter to the audience like she would to a close friend. Just way too much info and focus on her. I have a strong dislike for family channels in general for this reason - you're broadcasting your child's personal lives online when they have no say in it and won't even understand the ramifications until they're older.

And of course, when you post your parenting decisions online, people who don't understand your unique situations are going to get mad and report you which is exactly what happened here. Do I think medical marijuana should be prescribed to children that young? Probably not. But I have no knowledge about the circumstances leading up to Kelbee getting a medical card; whether or not it was a last resort etc. Therefore, it's none of my fucking business and I'd have no right to report her. 
LibbysSpecies Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
She is trying to put less focus on Kelbee. 
:iconoceans-and-galaxies:
oceans-and-galaxies Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I hope she follows through with that to decrease the chances of something like this happening again. People on the internet will always attack you for your choices no matter what you do, so it's best to keep your kids out of it altogether in my opinion
:iconlizzychrome:
LizzyChrome Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Ignorance on both Autism and cannabis probably caused this. I'll bet and least a chunk of those people "learned" about Autism from Autism Speaks, and marijuana from the War on Drugs.

An educated person hears this story and thinks, "hmm, medical cannabis herbs to help treat the anxieties of a mental disorder, I never thought of that. I wonder if it will prove effective?"

The ignorant on the other hand probably heard, "Godless tax-raising commie mixes crack cocaine into Forrest Gump's shrimp pudding!"
there is currently no scientific evidence that medical marijuana helps alleviate symptoms of autism... >> autismsciencefoundation.org/wh…

that, and giving it to underage children is simply unwise.
Dude stop posting random links to untrustworthy websites, you cringelord. :lol:
:) tell that to OP of this thread
:iconaspiepiestamps:
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Aug 13, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Hey I am a adult with Autism and I can tell you it helps with a lot of shit that is wrong with.... I can focus my thoughts... I don't have flashbacks to my childhood from PTSD... and I can exercise without much pain.... 
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Aug 13, 2020  Professional Writer
anecdotal evidence is not the same thing as scientific evidence
:iconstormofshadows:
Stormofshadows Featured By Owner Edited Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Eh, I'm a bit iffy on this one.  Do I think the kid should be taken away?  Probably not, but I definitely think the mom needed a stern talking to.  You say it was a last resort, but do you know that for sure?  I mean it isn't as if people have done stupid stuff like that before.  Pot definitely has an effect on developing brains, so I really think a doctor should be the one making the call on whether or not it is necessary.

I have just seen way too many people try one or two options and when they don't work declare that medicine doesn't work for them.  Yes, that particular type/dosage doesn't work, but there are usually more options.
:iconharushadows:
HaruShadows Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Nah this idiot was dumb for showing her kid on youtube along with talking about giving her medical pot. Just keep shit like that private and people on the net won't keep calling cops/cps on people.
Stormofshadows Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Agreed.  Whether or not it was right of her to give the child medical pot, she should not be showing it online.
:iconharushadows:
HaruShadows Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yep
LibbysSpecies Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Without it, she'd still be on formula. FED BY TUBE. And what makes you think her mom doesn't consult doctors about it ? She says "I don't give it to her just to give it to her." 
:O .....these people were also force feeding their own daughter? :O_o: yeah.... no wonder CPS was called..
You're misunderstanding, that's how itd be WITHOUT it.
?? without what?
Stormofshadows Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Someone can say anything, it doesn't make it true.  If she had consulted doctors about it, and they have given their ok, then she has nothing to worry about.  Everything will be cleared up and they will know not to look into it further.
:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
People like to think inside the box more than they like to see what's right, especially when thinking inside the box gives them the illusion of being right, cause that's all they have.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020
so let's bypass being a parent and jump right to chemical restraint! no doctor's order, no give.  consequences.  have no sympathy. if the kid did have a script, then the situation will be looked into and the child will probably be returned.  giving pot to a 4 year old! my word mother of the Darwin year right here!  and this is why you should learn inner voice, the net is literally doing the job for the cops.  maybe the Karen should look into keeping a pity video whine and look into the side effects of pot.  but hey, stupid is as stupid does
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Was it a Karen that did this by any chance?
LibbysSpecies Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Multiple people.
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
So a bitch squad of Karens. Got it.
:iconclumsysquid:
ClumsySquid Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
a bitch squad of Karens is called a Complaint.

A Complaint of Karens.
:XD: :rofl: :clap:
Add a Comment: