Closed to new replies
August 7
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

I love my cat, and I feel like an asshole for not wanting to play with her

:iconclumsysquid:
ClumsySquid Featured By Owner Edited Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have absolutely NO desire to play with my cat. She goes crazy, and I'm just super tired all the time. I know she wants me to play with her, but I don't want to, cuz she's a passive aggressive twat and she won't play with me until I agitate her, and that takes additional effort. 
I love the crap out of her, I take care of her, I cut her claws, I brush her, I cuddle, I feed, I keep the water the freshest, and the food expensive.
But running around is just exhausting. She got all the toys she could pissibly need, but NO, she wants that piece of a thread she found somewhere under the bed and me to drag it around so she could lazily attack it.

Just tell me I'm an asshole for not wanting to play with my cat >.> That's what this thread is for.

EDIT. guess I should mention I never intended on getting a pet. I basically confiscated this poor animal out of the hands of a very evil, selfish and irresponsible person calling herself my mother. And I've been taking care of this kitty ever since, already been a couple years. 

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020
see what happens when we worship them once, they don't forget.  that's what the side street meowing is all about, we are their slaves we are suppose to do whatever they demand, we get scratched, it don't matter, they are the master!

uncertain if the cat is into self play toys.   some cats like the alone entertainment time, others just want to be rude and see how many times they can trip you up before bedtime.  I wonder if it's a sport...
ClumsySquid Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
They do always attempt to be an asshole, I guess it's because their genetics realize humans have very little defense again the "cute fluffy face of a cat", so it does its ruthless predator kitty some easy game.
if it helps they don't like it when they become the victim. the times I turn on the cat it's an all out war and they tend to be the one limping away. naw I don't hurt them, I have learned cats tend not to like loud noises, water or even letting them play with kids. we sure do loose a lot of cats that way, not even the food keeps them (the strays) around when the little girls want to play cat dress up.
I think I hate little children even more than cats hate them, so I can understand why that would drive cats away.
yeah wild life would probably agree. we use to have a lot of chickens that free roamed, thanks to the kids they tend to hide a lot. that's how I learned chickens can fly a tiny bit.
We had a 97 year old woman leap two meters up the roof hiding from an angered bull. So old women can fly too somewhat :'D
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Cats, like kids (and me), get bored easily. I would know, seeing I had cats in the past. And cats are just plain weird, wanting a string or sleep in a bag or box instead of the cat toys and bed/tree.

How old is the furball and what's her name?
ClumsySquid Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think she's somewhere around 5 years old right now, her name's Mosya (Motya, actually, Matilda), but it's easier for me to hiss "Mosya" at her.
:iconaligonruler:
AligonRuler Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Can't say I blame you. Every time my dog wants to play, I don't feel like it. I rather just lounge around than play catch. Fortunately, she seems to get that. Only begging for pets on her itchy butt
that's a very good dog ^^
:iconclouddander:
Clouddander Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
She'll grow out of it eventually. My cat and I loved to play when we were younger but now more than a decade later we both just lounge around the house.
That's a good thing to hope for.
:iconyangxiaofan457:
YangXiaoFan457 Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
This cat is pure. She just wants to play with her owner. 😂
All animals are pure, even though my cat like to torture insects. She abandons them when she cripples them, and then I have to commit mercy kill.
:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
My cat snobs me when I wanna play more than the opposite lol
Kitties are definitely special animals
You probably shouldn't ever get a dog cause they have a lot more needs in terms of playing and exercise, cats are overall pretty lazy, my cat gets tired quickly if we play lol
I am never intending or ever intended on getting an animal. This cat is a cat I saved. As I saved her, I now take care of her. That's about it.
Aw, that's adorable.
Not really, the story is much darker than you imagine
I won't ask for details rn cause I don't think I wanna hear something dark at the moment, so I'll keep my initial cute understanding.
okay ^^
:iconhertz0:
Hertz0 Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020
This is why it's usually a good idea to get pets in pairs. I currently have just one cat and a single dog. They beat the shit out of each other keep each other company when I'm not home.
TWO cats, no thanks, that's just going to murder what's left of my sanity.
I didn't get a pet on purpose. I saved her from my mother's irresposible hands.
:iconhertz0:
Hertz0 Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020
Can relate. I have an extended family that believes a trip to the pet store is a game of pokemon. In the past I've had to take birds and rabbits off their hands. Birds weren't a big deal. But rabbits? Yeah, fuck rabbits. 
I hope one day the world will come to a conclusion that getting a pet should be followed by liscencing and testing procedures (and also as a lawyer, my personal opinion is that animals must not be considered to be "goods", but be given a special new status), but we live in a world where you can make kids being a 13 year old moron, so... not soon.
:iconrisamei:
risamei Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Just think about how you can you look back one day and be happy with all you've done with your pet and be happy that you gave them the funnest happiest time you possibly could ^^ they wont always be around forever so try to cherish the times you can play with them. I understand it can be tiring but in the end it will be worth the time spent making memories :)

PS i have never owend a cat but i have a puppy who i love to death, we go hiking and play quite a bit ^^

that's a nice way to put it. this cat fell on me from the sky, so to speak, I had to save her from my idiot mother's hands. I was never ready for an animal, but I love her to the hell and back.
I just have no desire to play. I don't cherish the playtime. And I'm always tired.
:icondumbledoreaskedcalm:
DumbledoreAskedCalm Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  New Deviant
You don’t play with cats. They demand your amusement like a king or Queen summoning their court jester to perform for them.
Guess I'm one disobedient-ass servant
:icondumbledoreaskedcalm:
DumbledoreAskedCalm Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  New Deviant
Yes you feline master is displeased.
Add a Comment: