Rude comments

What is it with certain members of this community that they are unbelievably rude for no good reason?

I'm not talking about critiques. Those are fine.

I'm talking about users who make a comment on how they don't like this or that, because it's not to their specific tastes, or it doesn't align with their own head canon.

Then there's the ones who try to get into some kind of debate. I actually saw a comment on a friend's journal about increasing commission prices. This one user commented about how they "don't approve" of it, and also wrote a paragraph at the end saying "And don't blow me off as if it's just a disagreement. By doing that you invalidate my argument, and I want to have a discussion with you about it." Lol, feeling entitled to debate someone over their prices? There is no debate. Unreal.

I don't go up to the Mona Lisa and say: "Oh this sucks because she doesn't have huge boobs."

I can handle someone being rude if they have a point behind it. But not if it's just an issue of personal taste, and has nothing to do with the execution of the art.

Rant over.
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
MLP Emote Twilight Sparkle Stumped Dunno Shrug      

Sometimes friendship isn't magic.
bitter cowardly people will be bitter on the internet so they can't get socked in the nose.
welcome to the net, where people's true nature comes into focus
I was checking out one of the latest deviations from a very popular and famous deviant and read a comment that left me frothing at the mouth. The commenter thought that the title of the piece was dark and had a negative connotation so he thought that the artist should change the title. What the fuck does the title matter and why should some random jagoff insist that an accomplished artist change that title? You have no investment in the art other than looking at it and deciding that you don't like the title and that makes you entitled to leave a pissy comment and not even mention the art? GTFO!
Agree with all above comments. There is never a good excuse, online or real life, for deliberate rudeness.
If you're going to use my art to talk about how much you don't like the way the character I drew developed in the show you could at least give it a fav damn
dont just come on my page to rant about something no one can change because the show is over and not even leave a fav
I have the same problem with :icondeadpoolguy77:. He can insult me and my friends just because he can. He is unaware that I am almost 26 and he is almost 17.
Report him? You have the direct links to his comments as evidence.

I screenshot his [rude] comments and shared it with staff. Hopefully, they'll get in touch with me.

Screenshots don't count, they have to be direct links. Right click on the reply button and open it up to a new window to get the url link.

they got into an argument about cartoon characters and they are upset because the younger person had a different set of opinions about them than the older person so chances are they are both at fault and nothing is going to be done about it.
What I said to Koma0w0. If staff wanted direct links as ACTUAL proof to bullying behavior, I don't see why they would have the "attach a file" option on "Open Ticket Reports".
I never understood that rule myself since the person can very easily just hide his/her comment(s) and get away with it scot-free

As for the whole faking thing, I've one word of insurance for that: patterns

Same here. I kept screenshots for people to be aware of trolling behavior.

DA Staff automatically assume that all screenshots given are edited/fake (from experience). You have to link the comments.

If Staff wanted direct links for ACTUAL proof, I don't see why they would install the screenshot feature on their "Open Ticket" reports.

I know. From experience, however, they don't believe screenshots for the sake of it being fake. :grump: They have the file thing still there for evidence of you owning any original art that was stolen.

I resubmitted the reports and linked any suspicious activites [to Staff] using actual links. I also hope it works.
They are anonymous so they have nothing to lose by being horrible. In real life they wouldn't dare be as rude as they are online because their face and identity are revealed.
It's the internet. You get used to it / start ignoring it after a while. :B
Rudeness is justified only if the other person was not only rude toward you (or someone else) but was also an entitled snowflake and being rude is the only way to shatter his/her delusion that the world revolves solely around him/her, like in this case

In situations where the person is just plain stupid, ignoring is usually the way to go
^ nothing more to say.
I wish I could like your reply (I know there's a way to like forum posts but by Almighty God I can not figure it out).

If you click on the time stamp (where it says "X hours ago"), there's a heart icon where you can like comments in the forum

(kinda wish DA staff took that into consideration)

Though this reply is just as good :)