"Stay positive, we're all in this together lalala" If I hear this shit one more fucking time

I swear to god I will fucking glass some cunt. (JK)

But seriously I am sick of being told how to feel. Lockdown fucking sucks, yes everyone else is going through it, but I don't need some fucking smug cunt to look down on me condescendingly and tell me I should be more optimistic.

Guess what, being pissed off and depressed when the world is shit is not unreasonable, and pretending otherwise is fucking delusional. I'm not going to cut my wrists or anything, but I'm not fucking pretending this is anything other then it is. It fucking sucks.

I get the feeling that these fake positive assholes will be the first ones to snap when they realize shit is never going back to normal anytime soon.,
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I’m a shut-in so this pandemic works well for me lol
i wish the us could take this virus thing more seriously.
I wish we were still in lockdown. I'm in the south. 
But yeah I fucking hate those commercials. 
I'm in Australia. What is going on in the states is fucking tragic.
It's the dumb leading the blind here I swear. This shit shouldn't be as bad as it is but because Karen can't go out and lick windows like she wants she has to pretend to have a 'health condition' so she can evade having to wear a mask.
I agree .. people are acting like we're at war or somethin , or the world is ending .. im tiiiired of it !!! :iconidontloveitplz:

theres a virus with a similar death rate to run of the mill flu going around .. but drama queens will be drama queens :iconhurrdurrplz:

"people are acting like we're at war or somethin"

I'm not allowed to travel 5km away from home, and all jobs have been shut down. My life has been indefinitely on hold. Apart from war or disaster, few things are that impactful. So yeah, we are acting like we're at war, it's not being a "drama queen" and if you believe I am then you can kindly go fuck yourself.

"theres a virus with a similar death rate to run of the mill flu going around"

There is so much wrong with this statement. If you still believe this at this stage of the game, then good luck to you. Kindly take your condescending attitude somewhere the fuck else. People are suffering, and you're just being a smug prick.

'' There is so much wrong with this statement. If you still believe this at this stage of the game, then good luck to you. ''

I'm sorry , what ? cause... that is what the science is saying and has been saying since early April ?? SuperJail! - Worried Warden

''According to the latest immunological studies, the overall lethality of Covid-19 (IFR) is about 0.1% to 0.3% and thus in the range of a severe influenza (flu). ''

(and.. I wasn't saying you were bein a drama queen. I mean absolutely hysterical government agencies who are forcing police into people's homes, shutting off water & electricity for not LARPing like the virus is the deadliest virus to ever exist, are being drama queens and making this virus out to be WAY bigger than it really is.) Nodding Mae icon

People who say this are very stupid and/or mentally ill and very likely sitting atop ivory towers where no form of harm can come upon them.
Thankfully the people in the latter category are, one by one, getting slapped in the face by reality

There's a massive difference between feeling positive and doing positive: one delivers results, while the other is, at best, chauvinism
People have not been handling the crisis in a very healthy way. The whole positive vibe shtick is especially grating because we have a renewed focus on mental health yet there is this cheery nonsense.

It's not good mentally to pretend all is fine and dandy or you're actually doing well when you are not, that's actually very bad mentally.
It's also not good for people for people to focus single-mindedly on the virus. Road to madness, that is.

People know of the virus, they do not need to hear of it all the time. People also do not need to receive false cheer and false unity, they add nothing when they are so blatantly false. In fact they arguably take away. They do not on the other hand need fear. People rebel against excess fear and that too is not healthy.

The media should have a slot for the virus and should report it in a matter of fact manner that is free of sensationalism. That is the best way to go about business.
Wholeheartedly agree!  
I spent my 25 years at home, and I'm intending on doing so for the rest of my life, so I'm pretty fine with the lockdown in that aspect, and when people complain they can't go BBQ or hang out with "friends", I just laugh. What I'm not happy about is how hard the work comes nowadays, and getting financially independent is just THIS MUCH harder nowadays, and also, fresh produce in my country is NOT FRESH anymore. I dislike this situation because if I get this virus, then I'm 99% a cadaver, since I'm prone to respiratory issues. And I've never enocuntered anyone who'd say "be positive". In fact, in my country the authorities try to hide the fact that SHIT IS REAL, and that adds up to the problem 100x.
"In these Uncertain Times, we want you to know that We're All in This Together™. We want to let you know how we're Doing Our Part™ for our Community and that's why you should come back and buy our shit."
Absolutely agree.
Whenever some influencers tell me "to be happy, to enjoy my time at home and stay positive" I literally want to punch them into their false and bland smile. Seriously. 
How can anybody who hasn´t ever worked in his life DARE to tell us how to feel when we all have to fear for our health and job?
That's called toxic positivity. Has never helped anyone except the ones saying those dumb shit, apparently.
So... is this a bad time to mention that I'm currently on vacation?
In these UNCERTAIN TIMES, we want you to know that WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
But you are more expendable than we are and you should get back to work so that you may continue to consume our products, peasants!! Britney Spears - Fab photoshoot 
This.  Just so much. 

I remember one celebrity(I can't remember who) wondering why people were upset, why didn't they enjoy just sitting at home, watching Netflix?
there were even politicians here that said the same shit. Basically saying people had it easy cause they were paid to stay home and "have a holiday"
LOL I know how you feel!

Have you guys ever read Poe's story, The Red Death? somewhat relatable to what's been said here.
I read it last year. It certainly is actually.
rich lives matter! we have to endure the rich are still having a blast while we're struggling and enduring.  yay for positive messages to all!  that's why I've been streaming with adblock plus lately, no ads no reminder. 

irony: since they have begun to lay off Hollywood and other rich people, I wonder when they'll start feeling how we've felt for awhile now.