Closed to new replies
August 5
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Curse YouTube recommendations

:iconsagwanut:
Sagwanut Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Student General Artist
Now they're recommending me clips from overrated cartoons and emo songs. Whoever wrote the YouTube recommendations algorithm should have been fired instead of being given a promotion for his work.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Mine is giving me mostly stuff from people I've subscribed to, which shouldn't be the case since there's a page already dedicated to that

I do occasionally get Pokemon comic dubs from whom I presume was either a troll or a pedophile seeing how the thumbnails were of known underage girls pleading not to [REDACTED] in them
:iconkoushoku-jin:
Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Recommended Youtube videos? And that's what uBlock Origin subscriptions are for :iconmonkeychuckleplz:
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Professional Artisan Crafter
At least they don't keep recommending you rants from thinly-disguised fascist fedora-tippers :| (Blank Stare) 
:iconthecunningcondor:
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Fedoras are dead.
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Professional Artisan Crafter
the fedora is a meme, but my complaint about my YouTube recommendations list remains. 
:iconhappymaphunter:
HappyMapHunter Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  New Deviant
Mine keeps on recommending H game footage... Why? Please stop...
:iconcitrus-chickadee:
Citrus-Chickadee Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Mine are usually full of stuff that's at least somewhat related to what I've recently watched. Of course, I do get a few oddballs in there every now and then, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Maybe try clearing your cache/cookies every now and then? :shrug:
:iconthatwaslefthanded:
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Hobbyist
Speaking of YouTube.
:iconx7xdc:
x7xdc Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  New Deviant
i've always wondered, how do people still find enjoyment in these obscure over-the-air cartoons that i watched on tv as a child? sagwa? red wall? angelina ballerina? it's been two decades...
:iconhappymaphunter:
HappyMapHunter Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  New Deviant
Nostalgia. 
:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020
I haven't had any issues. It shows me exactly what I expect it to show me.
:iconsophitiacroft:
SophitiaCroft Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020
I have just looked at mine and even though the recommended for you page is alright the rest of the tags up there aren't. For instance I have a tag on mine for biomedical research! WTF! I have never ever in my life looked at videos on whetever biomedical research is.

It seems to me all sites are as bad as each other as on here on my recommended for you I get shown pics of naked men! Now why the hell would a hetrosexual man who's favourites are full of women be getting recommendations for naked men! DA's need to be fixed just as badly as youtubes.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020
that site is horrible for picking up on tags, cache, etc from other sites.  I am not cursed with the stupid algorithm of YouTube, but I'm not on there long enough to fall prey.  I've found out that logged out actually triggers less of their stupidity, don't understand that concept but that's google for you.
Add a Comment: