Closed to new replies
August 5
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Eclipse didn't ruin this site, it just kinda made it more clear

:iconnelex5000:
Nelex5000 Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
As far as I can tell deviantart has always been this shitty, it's not Eclipse that made it worse or anything. It just made everything more obvious.

It's one of the things that give me less motivation to do the stuff I used to post here lol

What a shithole.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthehaxman:
TheHaxMan Featured By Owner Aug 17, 2020  Student Filmographer
Not going to lie, that's a pretty hot take
Nelex5000 Featured By Owner Aug 17, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Fun fact, comment riders are clowns
:icondgcinfokitty:
DGCinfoKitty Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020
So. Your here still why?
Nelex5000 Featured By Owner Edited Aug 17, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Seethe harder pls
:iconsenzune:
Senzune Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No really, Eclipse made it worse. Easy example: Try looking at your stats. Another one: that small condensed infobox on the right pane on deviations? Gone, all info is scattered across the page now.

Eclipse most certainly amplified some already existing bad properties of DeviantART, but the classic version was definitely more usesable and Eclipse did ruin the site.
:iconkillgara:
Killgara Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
"not really, it's subjective if you like this site or not"~ what I would have said if he didn't block me

the op blocked for no reason. this if towards him, also fuck you @Nelex5000 

being a toxic haha Pepe frog Redditor prick is pretty lame.
:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
(I was gonna reply this to OP but it seems he blocked me whilst slicing himself in his metaphorical penis, so...)

Eclipse didn't ruin the site, the site was ruined long before then. Eclipse was just the reaper
:iconkagomemckay:
kagomemckay Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020
Worship 
:iconpurpleamhariccoffee:
PurpleAmharicCoffee Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020
Unless one can drag and drop from watch feed into favourites, this site is practically useless to me.
:iconmoonwalkingzear:
MoonwalkingZear Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hitching a ride on your comment because either OP blocked me or it was visa versa. Don't know. Don't care.

Knowing OP's uh... past activity on the forums.

:iconthisisbaitplz:
:iconpurpleamhariccoffee:
PurpleAmharicCoffee Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020
Thanks.
:icon4-x-s:
4-X-S Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
I don;t get it why this UI update is big deal, I don;t really see much of real difference.
:iconmorjer:
MorJer Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
DA wiped out 1000+ categories with this update. If you never used them, then yes, Eclipse is probably not much of a deal to you. To me however, it's huge. I can no longer browse the galleries I used to visit regularly, because they simply no longer exist. Couple that with the horribly inaccurate RFY being the default browse mode for everybody and the search engine being borderline broken, and it should be easy to comprehend why I have zero interest in browsing DA at all anymore. Why would I visit galleries of pictures I'm not interested in? The only way I can directly influence anything anymore is by muting a handful of tags.
Seeing how many deviants are experiencing a significant decline in views/favs, I'd say other users are experiencing the same lack of interest as well.
4-X-S Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
They did remove the categories selection when you submit art. I assume that is what you referring to. I never browsed image on DA, so I have no idea what happened there. From what I heard, the tree categories are completely replaced by keyword, but I agree with you they don't have to take it away.
MorJer Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There were more than 1000 top- and sub-level categories plus optional tags/keywords. With no more than two or three clicks you could browse any of these categories:
DeviantArt Entire Classic Category Tree April 2020
With the introduction of Eclipse all those categories were scrapped. Tags didn't replace them since those had already existed for years and still aren't mandatory. In essence, a lot of images are no longer being categorized at all or are instead being miscategorized now. The moment you're looking for anything specific on DA, you're basically screwed.
4-X-S Featured By Owner Edited Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
This was the categories selection before submit. I did notice it no longer in the submission forum. This is the first time I learned its real use, I don't know the exact reason why they have to obsolete this, but from my experience it could make a much faster upload. I thought Eclipse was only a window dressing, never realized the removed something so important. Saw many Eclipse complains but they are missing the point.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Eclipse is fine. you just have to learn how to work the new systems.
:icontch0tchke:
tch0tchke Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Student General Artist
The commissions widget keeps throwing errors when people try to order from me, where I never had a problem with it before :/ It sets up and displays just fine, but people try to pay and get an error. How am I supposed to work that
:iconrhiethreal:
Rhiethreal Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
"Fine" doesn't mean it isn't still worse.
:iconinvisiblesniper:
InvisibleSniper Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Student Writer
Well search engine got worse
MorJer Featured By Owner Edited Aug 5, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Finding pictures I like with the old UI: Go to the front page -> Digital Art -> Paintings & Drawings -> Landscapes and Scenery / Illstrations = 3 clicks

Finding pictures I like with Eclipse: Go to the front page -> Realize categories no longer exist -> Use the search engine -> Try to narrow down the horrible search results by subtracting certain search words or using hashtags only -> get frustrated with the whole damn thing -> go to google instead = not available on DA

In summary: Eclipse has definitely made things a lot worse. DA is basically just an Instagram clone now.
:iconthatwaslefthanded:
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Hobbyist
The OP is a coward, their point is invalid.
:iconeyeballearth:
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
comment riding, OP knows where the door is if its so bad here
Add a Comment: