Details

Closed to new replies
August 4
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Is it just me or my old posts got more likes than my new ones?

:iconenternalecho:
enternalecho Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I used to post a lot of bad art last year, until I took a long break. I used to get so many likes... but now I don’t get anymore... even though my art has improved immensely. What do I do? How can I regrow my reputation? Should I start over?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcaynez:
Caynez Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2020  Student Digital Artist
New accounts are given a chance to be seen on "welcome new deviants" section. This could explain you getting more likes in the past. Recently it's also all about eclipse , summer, which somehow contribute to this different activity. People don't bother to search by tags or check groups, because it's more of a hassle.
I expierence similar situation, and I even posted a thread in complain section, you could check it out to see other people's comments. Basically you either get lucky or never seen. Or you must work hard and throw your art/profile at people face in clever ways :>
:iconluckycloversart:
LuckyCloversArt Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Jeśli chodzi o to co ludzie mówią że jest lato i dlatego jest mniejsza aktywność to raczej nieprawda- wczoraj podawali dane statystyczne w Polsce i całkowite użycie internetu wzrosło aż o 25% -tony ludzi nie chodzi do pracy z powodu zarazy i nie może pojechać nigdzie na wakacje więc siedzi przed komputerami non-stop jestem pewien że tak samo jest w innych krajach...
mniejsza liczba favów jest związana raczej z ukryciem opcji "most recent" wielu ludzi nawet nie wie gdzie ona jest- dawniej dostawałem często 150-250 favów na nowej dewiacji teraz zazwyczaj tylko około 100 mino że mam o wiele wiele więcej obserwujących-
ludzie przeglądają często tylko recommendet for You -a wydaje mi się ze aby tam trafić trzeba latać po forach i journalach da jak głupi i robić dużo komentarzy-czyli po prostu nabijać statystyki stronie ...
Caynez Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Też tak mi się wydaje, ale jak widać ludzie lubią pisać o pandemii i wszystko nią tłumaczyć. Eclipse wymuszony zmienił właśnie wyszukiwanie i pewnie intenyswnie wpłynął na odejście starych użytkowników. No i nowi użytkownicy to i nowe upodobania, więc aby im się pojawić na recommended trzeba dać duzooo mango tagów czy furry xd
:iconstreled:
Streled Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2020   Traditional Artist
Honestly, "welcome new deviants" feels like a big waste, since they show a limited number of users and you can't view more
Instead of the "view all", it has "learn more" which redirect you to a journal talking about how to welcome new users...
Welcoming New DeviantsWe’re excited to relaunch an initiative that increases community spirit and engagement by welcoming new deviants to the site!A few years back, we piloted a program identifying deviants who excelled at reaching out to others and matched them with new deviants who’d benefit from a warm welcome. We all know how intimidating it can be to join a new community, which is why it was important for us to reimplement this project to ensure deviants feel supported as soon as they sign up!The stats from the initial launch of this program were astounding. Here's a glimpse of how much of a difference you made:New deviants were five times more likely to receive a Profile commentNew deviants were twice as likely to make a commentNew deviants were twice as likely to receive a llamaNew deviants were about 80% more likely to receive a deviation commentNew deviants were about 75% more likely to receive a favouriteNew deviants were about 50% more likely to get watchedNew deviants were about 15% more likely to watch someone elseAs you can see, the impact was amazing and truly showed how welcoming and open our community is, which is why we felt compelled to bring it back. How It WorksFeatured deviants: @MoonMochi042, @FoxoEltho, & @pollo7781 Certain deviants who have proven to be active and involved guides within the community will receive a notification recommending them to reach out to new artists. If you’ve been chosen to participate, head over to your Feedback page under correspondence, and visit the deviations or Profiles of your suggested deviants and introduce yourself! Share your interests and hobbies, learn about theirs, suggest Groups to join, and how to best get started on DeviantArt. The aim is to form a kindred connection over time. If you’d prefer not to participate, simply remove the message.Featured deviants: @MercuryGOFS, @XxAndrewPlayzxX, @spikapika333, @W01fstar, & @AstraLynxArt We’ve also introduced a strip of deviations on the Browse page that have been submitted by new deviants in order to further encourage the community to comment, favourite, and get connected. Feel free to meet and greet deviants while discovering new artwork as well!Keep reading for more tips on welcoming deviants!Tips on Welcoming New DeviantsWant to get started? Go on and introduce yourself, be you, and be friendly! Here’s some ways to get the conversation flowing and deviants connected to the community:Avoid copy and pasting the same message to each deviant. Instead, try to find shared interests to start a more meaningful discussion.Encourage them to continue submitting deviations, and consider commenting on them yourself when they do.Find out why they joined DeviantArt and suggest some Groups for them to join or watch.Recommend favouriting artwork and watching other artists. Suggest things like Daily Deviations and Recommended for You to get them started. Encourage them to share a thumbnail of one they've found that they really like. Start a discussion!Creating Collections is the step up from favouriting a deviation. Encourage them to post a status update or journal that links to their newly created Collection and be sure to comment on it yourself! Reporting SpammersIn the event that one of your suggested deviants is a spam account, please click on the Report button.Growing the CommunityWe can’t wait for you to start making these connections and letting these new deviants into our richly unique and diverse community. Share some friendly comments or interactions you’ve experienced in the comments below!In addition, feel free to check out @DAWelcomeWagon. This Group goes out of their way to welcome new deviants on a daily basis. They also have a ton of resources available on their page. If you enjoy welcoming new deviants, consider getting involved!...
Caynez Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Indeed, but while you dont see particular new user, he might be seen by others. It's funny thing. I'm wondering how this could boost new account, if I was about to make one xD
:iconstreled:
Streled Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020   Traditional Artist
It would be nice if it was more noticeable instead of looking like a generic banner
Thank you, I'll consider looking at your thread, and thanks for the advice. C:
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2020  Professional Artist
It's not just you - the new tagging and searching system is doing that to a lot of people. I think the lack of specific galleries is making it so new art never shows up in front of people.
:iconlillendandie:
Lillendandie Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Likes are kind of random and usually if you stop posting for a while, some people will leave. I think a lot of people left because they didn't like Eclipse too. I doubt you are doing anything wrong. Just keep up the good work improving and enjoy your art. People will come back. If you are a bit social that might help. People like artists that are friendly and that they feel like they know. Also, try to find a nice active group and submit your work. I'm sure lots of people will like your OCs.
Thanks! I'll try these tips, and I'll try to post every other day of a WIP or something. thank you for the advice!
:iconlillendandie:
Lillendandie Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I noticed things like sketches or WIPs work better on sites like IG. For some reason the groups on DA don't really like uncolored pieces. People can sometimes think they are unfinished for some reason? So what I would recommend is try to build some consistency. Even if you can only post every Friday or something. For most social media sites once a day or 2 or 3 times a week works. For DA I'm still not sure of the best consistency. Play around with it : ) Some groups also only accept 1 piece of art every 30 days. Every group is different.
enternalecho Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks, I will probably have a schedule for posting!
Add a Comment: