I guess i started to hate krita

... well i have started it like a couple of months ago... i did some artworks but as they were awfull i did never share. Actually i am not new to using art programs in general and i am actually familiar with some tools as well. To me best art program at the moment is csp. I did learn some complicated tools very late but still it was very pleasant to overcome such struggles in csp. 
However as csp is very expensive and not cpu friendly i cannot use it anymore as my laptop got changed (and it will be get changed one more time as well) I have kinda got sick of constantly changing programs such as ibis to csp and then sai to psd i have decided to stop on krita as it is free and not too cpu enemy. To me it is only natural to not know anything about a completely new program to me.. and when i draw something i would to use that program as fast and convenient just like my own hands and arms. i think i did achieve that in csp. However doing so in krita takes such a long time. and even the very basics of its are too ailen to compared to any mainstream art media ? i am soo frustrated with it.  Even though it has the most qualifications csp has it is far more harder to use and learn. I don't know why but doing lineart work is harder in krita as well as painting. I actually did not want to say this without mastering the program itself but ... from the innermost part of my heart i hated it.
Comments28
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like Krita personally, it's good for drawing things to look like traditional art, the water color tools are pretty nice.
Krita is too different for me. I've used Photoshop, Medibang and FireAplaca and it's just not the same. If any of you like Krita props to you but I just don't like how Krita is. People usually go for Krita because its a PS alternative but honestly i wouldn't use it even if I didn't have PS
I agree that Krita may be a bit cluttered with functionalities, but for me it is much more useful than Gimp or Alpaca as it has almost everything that PS for free~

I left SAI and Alpaca as it was just too limited for my experiments with techniques, I kept jumping between programs- one is good for lineart, other is good for painting, photomanip etc.
If you tame Krita to your likeing it does it all great and the brush engine is just incredibly flexible.

But I also always enjoyed Blender so my thoughts on UI may be diffrent (am I insane because of that :o (Eek)?)

blender is also quite unique ur not insane but ur comfortable with diffrent funtioning aspects

use sketchbook
its free, simple and easy to use 
OMG THIS SHIT TOOO LONG. SOMEONE SUMMZARIZE THIS SHIT.
..thats long???
how the hell you make it threw school lolz
BY STUDYING HARD. TRYING TO GO GET A PHD NOW. :dummy:

U don't have to give a God damn shit.

WHAT IF I DO!??
I chose Medibang over Krita. Krita is confusing and has too many features that blows my mind. It crashes on my computer despite my computer having the minimum requirements for that app.

I did try to change the layout as the organization like I did on sai (colours on upper left, layers on the right), but it's still confusing. I did the same on Medibang but I ended up doing well. I deleted Krita because of the complex stuffs.

I used Krita for like 4 years already but never learned anything from it.

I just randomly scroll through the medinbang site and i saw that there is picture tutorials. I love them! csp had that feature as well! :3

maybe e i should try medibang as well... i am uninstalling krita at the momentas i am not the only one who has various problems especially with getting used to it.

To me having complex features are not a negative side as i enjoy learning them. But somehow krita manage to make it a nightmare for me.

I'd rather pick a program that has enough features. That's why I only use SAI and Medibang because they're simple and easy to learn.

I'm pretty sure krita mimics photoshop in its UI. Having used that before I never had any trouble getting used to krita and in some ways I even prefer it to PS. The downside is that most other programs aren't much like either of them, so people who haven't used either one before can find it confusing.

Not sure why you would find line art harder though. Maybe you're using a stabiliser setting unlike what you had in CSP? The ones aside from 'basic' have some configuration options you could mess with.
I don't use photoshop due to sensitivity problems.
I messed it before but idk.... it did never fit me somehow. Plus I have used photoshop before. And I don't find photosop confusing in any way tbh.
I recommend GIMP for a good free program. There is a bit of a learning curve, but I used it for years
I have never used gimp... maybe I should delete krita and give that a try as well.

Yeah. I have heard people use firealpaca too, which is free. I have never used it myself though.

I liked a lot of things about GIMP, but it really can be overwhelming at first. I would spend time just messing around in it. The "path" tools were my favorite to use before I got my first tablet, and even then I used them because my line art was so shaky. It just took me a long time to get used to it. I would recommend looking up tutorial videos as well if you get frustrated.

Krita does have its ups and downs. I only use it for animating, everything else is paint tool sai because the interface is a lot better. For me, the main thing I don't like about Krita is the amount of brushes... do I really need an eraser brush? I know some people like having a lot of options, but I'm the opposite. I could never get the hang of painting in there, either. But for animation it's definitely one of the best free programs out there. In terms of crashing, are you up-to-date with the program? I remember earlier builds would crash for me, but nowadays it rarely crashes.
When I was using csp I did create many brushes for myself and combining materials with templates was sooo much fun to mess with.

Given too many options makes it confusing but easily creating options for myself is fun.
I am not talking about crashes and yes i am up to date. Plus to that i do actually agree u on options. More options makes me uncomfortable as well.
krita was okay.... but not functional. it crashed every time i ran it :(

:la: medibang is better :D