Details

Closed to new replies
August 1
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Suddenly not getting any views, anyone else?

:iconcaynez:
Caynez Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Feels like recently not getting any views on dA, something changed or bugged?

Not expecting everyone to like my work, but considering having almost 1k watchers and barely getting any views in 24h over one deviation is kinda weird.

Oh, and getting more favs than views is normal, cause not everyone zooms/click , right?

With eclipse it's now based on hashtags, but no one checks newest hashtags [ and no one checks groups] right?

I know a lot of my watchers are mostly dead/not active sadly, but it is way worse this month xD

I'll report back sometime later after posting new quality/fanarts lol xD

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnelex5000:
Nelex5000 Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Same :/

be ready for the edgy children artwhoring and telling you to leave the site lmao
Caynez Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2020  Student Digital Artist
LoL xD
I love the moment when someones thanks me for faves and include big "thumbnail" in comment on my page xD
:iconhideshisface:
HidesHisFace Featured By Owner Edited Aug 3, 2020
Blame Eclipse for it.

Before, I was able to conveniently check artists I watch quite easily alongside all the other notifications. 
Apparently the idea of simple convenience became obsolete, so now checking people you watch is in completely different section - meaning more clicks than ever before. And it is unreasonably inconvenient to use.

On top of that - TAG system completely butchered the chances of somebody finding your stuff at random - the lack of categories means that search engine can't narrow things down properly any longer - so yeah. there is that. The only good thing I see in the new search engine is that now searching by username kind of, sort of works. 

And another problem - now, your new deviation is not only flooded under all the other new stuff released every second, the very option to see the newest stuff is harder to find - it is no longer a default thing on the main page.

It starts with "recommended for you" and there is a "welcome new deviants" section - but these are not newest works per se.
No, the newest deviations are under "popular" tab, and you still have to pick an option there, the last possible one. I mean look at it - even Daily Deviations that were like a feature presentation of DA got shafted - shoved under the very last tab, making absolutely sure that they will be seen by as few people as humanely possible.
If the supposed "the very best", officially recognised artists of this site get a short end of a stick - smaller artists get even worse deal.

Oh, and of course there is a fact of people leaving. So - people who used to watch your stuff either left or find it too inconvenient to... find. And new people basically can't find it either, unless the stars align in a very specific combination.
Caynez Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Thanks, you brought a lot of valid points. Trying to see newest art is much more of a hassle with eclipse. If you get lucky you might end up on "Recommended". If you are a new account you might land under that "welcome" section too - I have an alternate account where I did an experiment in may or so. My art/profile got so many views and llamas without even having anything of good quality. After inactivity I tried again [posted a character] and got 2-3 favs in 24h and 2-3 views, where probably two could be mine? xD
:iconomenardo:
OmenardO Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
I think the main reason is the Eclipse. I think and assume many left and doesn't bother use the DeviantArt after that forced change and it's sad. The Eclipse isn't ready to users and it have some bad choices and it doesn't work well. 
Indeed, something happened. New accounts are favoured by system. Old, but not popular accounts are screwed over lol
:icontinselfire:
Tinselfire Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020   General Artist
Well, Eclipse made checking watched artists a chore and groups even worse.
True that, but on mobile app your main page or basically almost whole app is really similar to instagram lol.
I miss adding my art to digital paintings>fantasy and checking who and what also posted there that day
:icontinselfire:
Tinselfire Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2020   General Artist
Likewise, although space art / anthro for me.
:iconsharkharrington:
SharkHarrington Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020   Photographer
I've noticed a serious drop off of views as well.  Summertime used to be a bonanza of activity, visits would drop off when school starts in August/September.  I think the drop-down summary of "Your Notifications" may be the cause.  We are not noticing journals and status updates anymore, unless we make a conscious effort to search them out.
I can't even delete comfortably notifications like I used to. Quick and easy is forgotten. It's messy and I'm getting unnecessary notifications which I would like to disable :/
Why we needed likes under comments, so spambots could notify us xD?
:iconsharkharrington:
SharkHarrington Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2020   Photographer
Exactly a pet-peeve of mine. Why can't we delete deviations from our notifications as we look at them? This action should be near the top of the list for improving our experience.
:iconbonnzai:
Bonnzai Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020  Professional Artist
I'm not getting any views or faves on new work - I always used to get some. 

Just made a journal but it can't be viewed on my site. :(
Caynez Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Have you tried adding more hashtags relevant to your art and old categories? Try adding stuff to groups too - however it doesn't really work unless it's particular specific area. Groups for everything are for nothing :d
:iconbonnzai:
Bonnzai Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020  Professional Artist
Explanation:
-up to 2 months ago, whenever I posted something new I would get around 6 faves within 24 hours, simply because I gathered so many watchers over the years;
-now - new entry, no likes, no comments. I have the same amount of watchers. I think it's because they can't access watch as easily.
:iconadarion:
Adarion Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020  Student General Artist
> something changed or bugged?

Eclipse?
I saw this kind of complaints months ago when Eclipse hit DA, so... I also am not checking in here much, for I do have a time-consuming job :( and ... well, because Eclipse is a pain. I still loved all the manifold of are here, but I'm still to hurt with what they did. And yes, as others wrote: It might also be due to summertime.
Nobody really knows whats up :/
:iconyangxiaofan457:
YangXiaoFan457 Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
People could be joining the fight against the pandemic. If we lose we become extinct.
Pandemic is not the answer to my thread, but an answer to overall drop of activity - yes. I'm talking about my unusual/unproportional interactions compare that to new-user who post avg anime and get much more recognition. System favours new users I believe.
Categories no longer exist as they used to, topic are showing off only popular stuff already from popular artists, nobody looks thru newest.
:iconroyalistefrancais:
RoyalisteFrancais Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  New Deviant
Same
Protip: use hashtags to categorize your posts
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020
pandemic, summer... there are always reasons why summer/winter tends be a bit slow.  seasons are like that here on DA.  and if we factor in events that happen within certain countries... view counts are as they should be for myself. 
Mhmm I get it, but on the other hand pandemic situations forces to stay at home, isn't that partially a chance to draw more? Idk.
I'm having a problem with zero views, while new-unknown deviantarts get lucky and earn 100 fav/views drawing average anime or fanart. It's doesn't explain my questions.
Well, probably my artworks aren't getting chances to appear on ppl recommendeds/group/feed. and or my miniatures aren't as eye-catchy.

lets see what brings future lol XD
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020
not really, no/poor net connection, binge watching instead of online and just because there's a pandemic don't expect people to be respectful and stay home. they didn't for the mass other pandemics we've ever endured throughout history, why start now. do you submit to groups? do you advertise here and there, are you active? do you upload often, give llamas... you can't do nothing and expect everything. as for views, after a certain number they are rounded up anyways, that's normally 1k. and since the thumbnails are so giant why even click to view anymore, at least I don't.
Thanks for input, well the pandemic is weird and different in many counteries and even in areas of country. but lets just skip talking further about it, it's too often talked about already.
I always give attention to others, I never expected anyone to praise me for anything. I'm purely talking about statistics , not claiming my art is great and unnoticed. I try to be in touch with my friends and people I watch and check random arts and appreciate and encourage less popular or starting artists.
Yes, I do add to groups, I even add thumbnails here on forum.
:iconw-puppy:
w-puppy Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  New Deviant
same.. i've posted extremely good stuff and still haven't been awarded any medals
What a shame my friend, don't worry tho, sooner or later these masterpieces will be considered timeless and genius by many.
:iconplutalian:
Plutalian Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Student General Artist
Honestly, DA feels dead now. I haven't gotten nearly as many views in months :/ 
Might be true, it's so uneven, I see new accounts without any watchers and sometimes one of their artwork gets extremely[proportionally] lucky. It's usually a cute anime or fanart, avg.
:iconcyberrobotnix:
CyberRobotnix Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have this problem on Youtube.
Mhmm I would like to talk more about that, but I dont know anything about adding videos/gaining views on yt. I mostly search for smth particular or click whats on frontpage.
:iconlegio-x:
Legio-X Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Professional Writer
The view counter for each individual deviation/journal/status update seems to be screwed up.  It consistently reports less views than my Stats tab does.  No clue why.
Everytime I check my own art it adds +1 views, seems legit.
In Stats make sure to show proper time span.
Feels like being shadowbanned recently for no reason lol
:iconlegio-x:
Legio-X Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Professional Writer
Something is definitely up.
:iconinvisiblesniper:
InvisibleSniper Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Student Writer
If I'm away from DA.
How much different it is? I never had consistent views. One day extraordinary favs, other day zero notice. It's harder for old users [who werent super popular, had accont for years?] , should I make new account lol?
:iconinvisiblesniper:
InvisibleSniper Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Student Writer
Sometimes 7..Im not too popular
Add a Comment: