Mini rant: My art gets ignored because of Eclipse

I posted my most recent art an hour ago. It's good quality and not shit, I'm certain of that.

Wife by Crescenti-C

And yet it has 0 favourites. Zero.

If this was old dA, I'd get like 10-15 favourites in an hour.

Meanwhile my Instagram with the same art has 16 likes and 5 comments and counting.

What the fuck is going on??

Fuck you Eclipse for killing my exposure.

Fuck. You.

Rant over. carry on. Art whore if you want.
Comments114
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Everybody’s art is getting ignored because of Eclipse!
word origins by CapnDeek373
I blame eclipse
I barely got faves in old DA and comments are very rare. And I feel that I don´t  get faves like at all in Eclipse which sucks. Though, I am not best artist or that known. Almost all my watchers seem to be ghost ones.  Kinda terrible combination.
It's probably because so many people just up and quit dA when eclipse was rolled out. :B
Your artwork is fine, Im experiencing the exact same. I was never popular on here, I was just happy with 3 - 8 faves, a comment or a dozen views maybe. But since eclipse I have probably had maybe... Less than 10 faves in total no comments so definitely a drop.

Upon looking at everyone else's comments, we are not the only ones getting this.

To be honest at the end of the day, the views, the faves, the comments. None of it matters, but it is nice when you have spent your time doing something and someone who it wasn't intended for goes out of their way to say they like it.
Yeah same, I maybe gained 1 or 2 watchers(actually having a net loss of watchers though lol) since eclipse and I basically doubled my deviation gallery. Honestly I might just deactivate and move on, I hardly come here anymore anyway...
Nice job, and i agree eclipse kills most chances of smaller DA artists getting noticed, unfortunately. Only if deviantart can fix it soon..
Seems the source of exposure has shifted. I was never too popular to begin with but yeah I've felt a dip. I used to peruse the site a bit passively, relying on groups, but it goes only so far. Eclipse has been suggesting me many artworks I wouldn't have seen, but in a narrower range I guess, both topic and quality wise.

It's true it has become difficult to find recent stuff that was not forwarded to you.

Hang on ! ^^
Same for me too. I mean, my art's not the best, but going from a consistent 100-120 favorites per drawing, usually within a ~week of posting it, to getting 80 over the course of 3 months is kind of depressing. 

Usually after I post, I'll check the newest just to see how the thumbnail looks and I noticed Eclipse now makes you click through like four different tabs to even get to newest, so that's definitely gonna kill some exposure.

I also noticed the "load more" for groups I'm in doesn't work now (just sits there and greys the button out), so instead of 50-60 groups, I can only post in like 8 now.  Thanks Eclipse -_-
Glad I'm not the only one its happens to. You can click edit> random in the corner of that section and hope the relevant groups pop up
Hey, cool art. Nice job. I feel your pain, because I expierence the same in march-may I was getting good views and exposure, but after a month break whatever I post don't get as much attention xD
With Eclipse searching is more hard, especially to sort by "newest", when searching for example for a specific keyword.

The default search often shows up older (more popular) deviations. Which I can see on my page, while more new ones get less faves & comments in total, probably because more people dont use DA anymore or less frequent or different (like the message center is messed up, I dont look at it anymore)
Well eclipse is slow
^ that’s true
Before Eclipse, I already didn't get a lot of exposure because I was new and inexperienced with art in general. But once I started getting into the flow of things, I did start getting more favourites and watchers. Once Eclipse hit, I didnt really see a change in how many favourites I was getting, mostly because I think that people didn't realize how bad DA was in the beginning of Eclipse. At the same time, during this whole thing, I went from having probably 10 watchers to getting 85. On the other hand, my amount of watchers and favourites I've been getting have been declining drastically. I used to get at minimum about 5-10 likes on a post, to getting 1-5. The rise and fall of watchers is really disheartening, because while I've been improving on my art, my support (watchers) haven't really been there for me. I had some pretty close friends on here too :< 
It could be that everyone is leaving DA due to the fact that they made Eclipse permanent, and they don't want to deal with its crappy interface anymore. 
But I am glad that I have at least 1 person favouriting my art everytime I post, which is more than I can say for other people, and that's really sad. Because the people who deserve more favourites than me, aren't getting the exposure they deserve :<
My tumblr and insta are doing fine it’s just dA that’s crap.

I don’t blame those who left.
I've always tended to avoid the home page even before Eclipse came into effect. I also tend to just draw for my own pleasure, since most of my watchers don't talk to me.
I am an artist

I dont know any real artists who need validation that they are any good

I dont know any real artists who make art to be liked

I dont know any real artists who have to be the centre of attention

I dont care for likes I dont need to be liked and I am not depressed if I am not liked.

I am a good artist I know this to be true, I see likes and followers as irrelevant and a waste of my attention and my time.

I am not here to make friends I have more than enough friends already.

I did not even notice it when I was moved to eclipse.

I make my art because I want to make a statement and my art makes that statement whether it is seen in here or not. I dont make art to be seen. So I dont bother showing it in here.

My best art would not even be recognised in here because it cannot be seen digitally it is solid and three dimensional and that cannot be shown or represented in this flat and two dimensional unreal world of the internet.

A digital form of my best art lacks correct colors lacks intensity lacks vibrancy lacks form lacks substance lacks existence and is worthless.

It is a privilege to make art. It is a privilege to have this site on which to place art. It is a privilege to be able to chat to real artists in here.

Thank you DA members for being here and thank you DA for making it all possible.
You: "I don't need attention."
Also you: "Here is edgy post, plz give attention."

In the same post, no less.

Are you sure you know how to read

Can we really be sure of anything?

I get where you’re going, but to be ignored about something you’re passionate about really hurts nonetheless. 

How do you think historical artists felt making nothing off art they’re worked on for days/weeks? Many ended up committing suicide because of lack of worth.

to those who rely on their art for income, exposure and attention are very important. I know there must be passion, but there needs to be appreciation too. It’s what keeps artists creating.