“Trolling”

Now, I think trolls are annoying even though they’re probably having tons of fun with how stupid people can be on this forum lol but I’m not talking about them, they deserve to get banned and whatever~

I just find it interesting how we’re at the point where on this forum if someone says something you don’t like you just label them as “trolls” or ‘they’re trolling” if you want everyone to ignore their opinions and pretty much dismissed them once and for all.

like, Do people even know what trolling is? From what I thought, trolling is when you purposely mess with someone to make them mad because you find it funny. I see people on here being called a troll for almost anything, even if they so much of disagree with another.

shit, I got labelled as a troll and blocked for being sarcastic once even though I was fully agreeing with them (cough cough PainMr cough) it’s like it doesn’t even have the original definition anymore, this Forum kind of just warps it to “ Undesirable“ and since on this forum, everyone likes a block each other for the most teeny-tiny reasons, if you get labelled a troll everyone likes to block you for literally no reason other than they probably just disagree with you or it’s too hard for them to think for themselves though they just trust their fellow forum user. (that sure is a smart idea)

or if people don’t give the type of response that they’re looking for, it’s so so so annoying. 

(I'm probably gonna make a complaint about trigger finger blocking, that honestly makes me even more frustrated)

I can say for certain that I’ve never “trolled” on here before, being sarcastic and dismissing peoples broken logic is not trolling, because I’m actually making a point, people just don’t like that when I don’t feed into their overly serious and ridiculous rabbit holes they like to argue down into.

Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have the same problem with :icondeadpoolguy77:. He accuses me of not agreeing with his opinions, when this is how he regularly responds to everyone (including my friends) in everything he comments on. The truth is, we are all entitled to our own opinions. If we hate one character it's okay. But using profanity and sexual language is not okay.

I linked his account and his activities to staff. I am hoping that :icondeadpoolguy77: loses his account for that kind of attitude. He needs to know that I am older than him (26 is better than 17).
I know what you mean I'm getting abuse from this user now
Back when I had my old account which I ashamed to have done because of how bad I think my older stuff is....I felt like I got trolled no matter where I was on here, even back when I was starting other with this new one...like when I came out as a furry on the Praise forum, uhhhhhh...okay since when complaints and praise the exact same forum?  Since most of the replies I got were from people who seemed to hate me and view me as a laughing stock,  one individual pretty much said 'you should do an RP where you are a hammer in a board because you're a tool' *sarcastically* How so very clever and wry,  look out Rodney Dangerfield and Sam Kinison, we've got a new comic genius here.  I'm sorry but to that person who called me a tool: 'I may be a casual furry and an RPer but at least i'm not a douchebag who obviously forgot which forum they're supposed to be'.   It's called the PRAISE forum NOT the 'act like a complete dick to everyone' forum, that already exists.
I totally agree, I honestly think that furry hates completely stupid and unnecessary. It’s like all these Reddit and 4chan types get bored and like hating people for having different interests than them because they must think there should be some perfect utopia where everyone has the same opinion as them :/

seems me theirs difference between trolling and just trying to be toxic, looks to me people there weren’t even trolling you, they were just trying to make you feel bad for doing what you like. Back when I used to troll people when I was younger I would at least try to be satirical and make myself look stupid as a form of satire on the people I don’t like, I really don’t like the trolls who just try to put people down and have no substance or comedy to what they say.

Absolutely. I feel there is nothing wrong with being what I am, I like weird things like transformations into characters from media, I like roleplaying, and I like writing stories about transformations. I felt shunned when they said those things about them and some of my OCs (one of them is a Grinch).

I miss the times when troll accounts were like Erin of the Cullen Clan.
But trolling is the best! Like when some dude came on here last year giving everyone crap because he was butt hurt over some 9/11 joke from like 20 years ago. So after he tried spamming me with crap I totally 9/11'ed his forum threads with as many 9/11 jokes I could think of.

Man... those are some good memories :aww:

And what do you mean 9/11 jokes aren't funny? That's just plane crazy.
Dddaaaayyyyymmmm son where ya find this. I did nazi that coming, Ann frankly I’m führerious, I would love to see leafy try and exist in today's current landscape, like the content that he was making would never fly on YouTube today and you have to adapt and overcome the fact that like. You cant even curse now like I dont know.
Usually the trolls are those with blank and "new user" accounts.
Yeah, but Im not talking about them really
I feel the same. And MisterPain is a piece of shit.
yup in the same boat.  it's more common over on politics, but it's found in other parts of the site.  just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them as such.  there are some users around here, banned, that did fit the definition, otherwise, it's become used so much the word has lost some meaning. 

it's no different than anti-trolling in my opinion.  but I have been trolled on here, but people are going to be as people are going to be, online just makes them more like themselves.
Blame facebook and twitter. Shit sites like those only show you shit you already agree with, so these genius grow up thinking everyone in the world agrees with them. So they conclude anyone who disagrees must be trolling.
Eh... As long as there is the anon internet, there will be trolls having fun.
Yeah.., I spend WAY too much time on the DeviantArt forums, they have like their own language at this point.

The new Victorians xD

Dikk dikk dikk in yoh stretched-out ehssho nigger! Yiiiiiiihaaaaaa!

Trolling like that, you mean?
I suppose, altho I rarely see that compared to people just disagreeing with each other.
^ obvious troll post 0/10

I hope you're joking lol (tbh I can't tell anymore...)

I'm dead serious