Closed to new replies
July 19
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

FROM OLDEST TO NEWEST or FROM NEWEST TO OLDEST

:iconbat22:
Bat22 Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It was a step up with Eclipse allowed us to drag images, instead of click-following an image across columns and rows. But why can't we simply drop-down arrow and sort the entire folder from Oldest/Newest to Newest/Oldest??

I though Eclipse was supposed to be better than Classic deviantART, right?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondumbledoreaskedcalm:
DumbledoreAskedCalm Featured By Owner Edited Aug 8, 2020  New Deviant
Why can’t I search for art from oldest to newest as well as newest to oldest?!
:icononek1995:
onek1995 Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Agreed.  its a pain and more often than not I forget to organize the images.   One more labor intensive thing..
:iconabductorenmadrid:
abductorenmadrid Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2020
Yep, been ranting about this for a while now. I do comic like stories and need each page to appear in the correct order inside the story folder. I update the story regularly - but every time I submit images they appear at the start of the story folder. OLDEST>NEWEST used to let me click once and magically have everything in order. But of course, it is now gone and we have to beg to get back a feature we already had!

Now, my story is up to about 800 images, and it takes over 1 minute to drop and drag a single frame where it arrives in the folder into its correct position at the end. Now imagine an update having 20 images. 20 or more minutes just to order them! And before all I needed was a second to click OLDEST>NEWEST!
It's becoming a joke manually hauling images around until I get hand cramp! I've made my updates smaller but more frequent now to cope, but what used to be a pleasant experience has now become a burdensome task. I dread to think how long it will take to move just a handful of frames when the story has over 1000 images. Worst is, before they had Drag & Drop on Eclipse you had to click on an image to move it - one position at a time .... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK ... that was when I refused to use Eclipse,  knowing that the very last 20 frames of my story 1500 image story would require THIRTY THOUSAND clicks to move them into position!! Drag and Drop allowed me to return, but, I still resent the developers and what they have done to make using the site barely tolerable for me to use.
:iconbat22:
Bat22 Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh, yeah. Click image to move ONE space, click again to move another, click again, click, click, move mouse to start of new row, click, click...

Compared to yours, my galleries are meager at usually under 50 images; and even then I wasn't going to use the manual click method. Dragging the image was an improvement but, damn, why haven't they restored the OLDEST>NEWEST function yet?! This should be a no-brainer!
:iconrisamei:
risamei Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Just give them time to update their site, in  about 20 years from now they will add at least a couple new features you'll see.
:iconscalyflower:
ScalyFlower Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2020   Digital Artist
:iconabductorenmadrid:
abductorenmadrid Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020
I appreciate that link, I truly do, but I appealed for OLDEST>NEWEST there ages ago and it still hasn't come back, I even stayed on old DA as long as possible because the simple OLDEST>NEWEST feature was still there ... until the bitter end when I was forced to change.

If I had tasked a team to basically KILL off an existing website's popularity THIS is how I would do it. It's almost like it is intentional. In every respect they have managed to annoy or repel any user-base they have.  For those who seek art they have crippled the search system, making it awkward and annoying to filter out what they don't want to see. Here ... have a mountain of dick-pics! For those trying to present their work - good luck - your views are all gone and if you have folders with a modest amount of images in them - good luck organizing them!! Best yet, if you were used to SELLING your stuff your view count has vanished and no one sees what you've made! Progress!!

Seriously - I've had more fun at the dentist than I have had using Eclipse! Please, keep stabbing me in the eyes with spoons - keep making me walk on a field of lego bricks bare-foot, it's all so much more fun than dealing with E-fking-clipse's shortcomings which are a frikking joke!
Add a Comment: