Link

Statistics

Replies: 108

Unfollowers are something should not exist

:iconvirtualalchemist:
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
Continuation from this topic....
forum.deviantart.com/community…

My followers are drecreasing one by one.
Because my stuff is so 'boring' and not really improving a lot. It is what they think. Not what I think. I always enjoy this even though I draw same things ever and ever again. But it has different model and art style. Do they really notice it or only see 'boring'stuff?

If this continue perhaps I will lose some followers more and more. No more new followers come. And if it happen I will close my account soon because it is no longer effective. Sigh... I hope they never follow me from start. They made me sick and tired. Or at least don't show amount of followers in profil. I feel offended everytime the number are decreasing.

People are really sickening. Follow then unfollow easily like stupid kids. See my profile first, guys... "Don't follow me from beginning if you will only unfollow me in the end".

Frankly, when I follow someone because I am interested. I fall in love with their artwork. But never do unfollow them just because they are not interesting anymore. Just let it be... Let they post as much as what they want. All I have to do is just watching as 'watcher'. Someday probably they will become my inspiration.

What if I follow all of them then I notice if they unfollow me, I will do same thing? Will it hurt them a little?

Or should I say something like "thanks for watching me" from start? Then say "thanks for un-watching me. Goodbye..." if they unfollow me?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2020
Probably some accounts trying to get you to follow back or something.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2020
Maybe.

But I never expect to get follow back when I start to follow someone. And never unfollow someone for whatever reason.
:iconcanttel:
canttel Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
first stop paying attention to your follow count. dont look at it. that stuff messes you up. people unfollow for many reasons you will never understand. ive nuwatched ppl because they uploaded too much, or because they never payed attention to their comment sections/turned off their comment sections. focus on the shit you like to post and youll see those that like it, will stay.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 13, 2020
I guess you are right. I pay too much attention for small stuff instead focus on my shit. 
:iconrhiethreal:
Rhiethreal Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I know watch people for around 10 seconds before un-watching them. Hurrah for follower-only images/galleries, I guess.
:iconlowyuansheng:
LowYuanSheng Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2020  New Deviant
You're doing that is just like pranking others, it's like when I faved art and then unfaved art and then faved art again (to change art placement on favorites folders)

It's is not good. I would have less tolerance on that action you mentioned.
Not really. The made the image only viewable to watchers, so I watched them, looked at the picture, then unwatched them. That's not a prank at all. It's just making a point.
:iconlowyuansheng:
LowYuanSheng Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2020  New Deviant
But you're doing that is only for watching watcher-only stuffs for selfish purposes. It's a PRANK after at all.
I mean it's not, but feel free to believe what you want.
:iconfriedeggthe1st:
FriedEggThe1st Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I get that it can hit hard when you lose followers but at the end of the day, it's their choice. If followers and clout matter so much then being unfollowed is helpful for you to realize that you should change in order to stay relevant. Take youtube, for example. There are many trends that come and go. Some YouTubers will become really popular and then instantly die off with the trend they built their following on. But someone like Pewdiepie remains relevant not because of his clout but rather because of how he has constantly changed his approach to making videos. It's the same with art. Try new things: if you like drawing characters, try drawing fanart of different media. Try drawing the characters in a realistic fashion and then in a cartoony style. Or even try moving towards landscapes, realistic ones and fantasy ones. Eventually, you will find something that will attract new people to your account. 

At the end of the day, your followers will eventually go. Some will get bored with your style of art, some will leave dA and no longer follow what you do, and some will even criticise your work. But changing how you approach things will bring new users to your account. Just don't let them get to you. Just tell yourself that you are a good artist. The true beauty of the artwork lies within the eyes of the creator, not the viewers. 

Hope this helps.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020
I don't care if they come and go easily. I can do same things as them they did. Simply push "follow" then "unfollow" button like foolish kids.
But I never do that because it's wasting time to dealt with them. 

It's their choice to follow and unfolow me. I draw to entertain my lonely soul. I only follow my own interest. Also revenge of my bitter past.
Because I never get what I want since I was child. Then I draw something to satisfy me. To make me "cum a lot" (in harsh words).
Not follow trend. Not to entertain someone. I presume I've explained this in previous topic.

They like or dislike it. I don't care. This is my pure style. If they feel bored or lack interest then no need to follow me from beginning.
Expecting me to draw something different. Or change my stile of drawing. Or
draw stuff what they want. It's contradicting from my drawing purpose. No way... They should find better artist. Not me.

Let me clarify,
I know this sites is suck, not good enough.
I only use DA to join forum, ask opinion. Many people have been mistaken me here.
I have joined another community, best for growing me up, of course it's far away better than this sites. 
I have more than 200 followers there. *proud*

---
I absolutely agree with your last statement.

"The true beauty of the artwork lies within the eyes of the creator, not the viewers. "  
FriedEggThe1st Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I see it now. I must've misunderstood your topic because I thought that the whole complaint was about the lack of feedback and support you were getting.
It's good that you don't focus on your follower count or the number of favourites you get, definitely remain that way!
Also, just out of curiosity, what "other community" is it that you're on now?
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2020
Pixiv and IB (Inkbunny).

Both sites has been my heaven place and my real battlefield. Well I am still newbie there (less than 2 years).
But I always got welcome appreciation and well respond everytime I post new artwork there.
This is why I am getting excited to keep drawing more often and eventually many people will follow my own passion.
Not me get carried away by stupid trend topic nowadays.

Most people only follow trend, create crazy and weird videos and got bunch of stupid likes and subscriber. Youtubers sure do like weirdest things. And they become popular in no times. But,,,, Pixiv cannot be fooled by weirdos. Only things called true and orignal arts that can be acknowledges and appreciated there. No matter how bad your arts. As long as it is original artwork. I think you will get pretty good respond. This is why I love pixiv most. 
FriedEggThe1st Featured By Owner Aug 11, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Alright. I might try it sometime! Thanks for letting me know.
:iconaqdrobert:
aqdrobert Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't take it personally. Some people I simply bore.
Hidden by Commenter
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2020
Of course they are not worth the trouble. But it is an insult to me everytime I submit submission, this unfollowers things may appear or exist.
I just feel bit upset and wondering why they need to follow me from beginning. What if this happening to you? 

I assume everyone sometimes get welcome respond such as "thanks for watching me" after watching an artist.
This artist may feel so happy if someone start to watching him/her, right?
But what if they stop watching him/her? Will they upset or just don't care.

The sentence "thanks for watching me", is not useful anymore whenever the person who get welcome feedback just un-watch him/her.
I feel it's not right. So, I think I should said "thanks for un-waching me" as they unfollow (un-watch) me instead I said "thanks for watching me". 
Because they they don't deserve at my best as Marylin Monroe said. 

What do you think? Isn't it good enough to mock people who just easily bored and push watch then unwatch button easily.
Yes, maybe people will become doubtful to watch me because if they un-watch me they will get un-welcome respond like that.
Hidden by Commenter
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2020
Actually I have already found this way as my own satisfction. I really enjoy and happy whenenver I finished my painting. I don't think I need someone to entertain me more than this. I live my life like this.

Drawing is my ultimate hobby and my childhood dreams. Also revenge of my bitter past. I just need to hone my skill more and more. But it's never been enough. So I keep drawing and try different style of my paintings. People will be confused, because my style is constantly changing. But no matter.

Once again, I just feel bit upset and keep wondering why they need to follow me from beginning. Only that. I guess I have to ignore that unfollowers. Focus on my paintings.
:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner Edited Aug 6, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I get one time followers and they probably forget that they even hit that follow button and I thought that they would unfollow me at some point, but for some unknown reason they haven't done that yet.
:iconnoorpol:
NOORPOL Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You can't force people to keep watching you. 

I've been pretty inactive for about seven months now. I've lost watchers too during that time. Let's face it. People watch artists they want notifications from and see new stuff from. If you don't get that there's no point in being a watcher anymore. 
You just have to decide who you're making art for. Yourself, because then the number of watchers shouldn't matter all that much, or your watchers, because then you should be considering listening to their complaints. 

In the end that's up to you. But you aren't entitled to have watchers. They can come and go as they please.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2020
I am not forcing them to watching me. They have free choice to stay or leave. Beside that, I don't care if they are trying to complain about my drawing/painting. Yes, I draw for myself. I draw to enterntain and satisfy my lonely soul. I guess I have declare this in previous topic.

I am just a little bit disappointed, upset. But, I usually gain more followers evertime I post new submission.

No matter how 'boring' my stuff. Most users still enjoy and love my creations. It is their loss if they just follow and unfollow me. Not my loss.
:iconmonstermaster13:
monstermaster13 Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
I got blocked by CQ-Morrell and Werekatt and Dog-GirlKari among others,  but to be honest the only reason I think CQ blocked and then unblocked me only to reblock me is because of the ugly little tiff I got into with EmilyRees which he probably thinks is my fault (Bernadonner had the same opinion and to be honest...screw her, she decided she was too grown up for my shit and deactivated her account and left and that is it).  As for Kari and Werekatt, they're my heroes and I felt disappointed that the latter pretty much acted like a paranoid creep after he blocked me, then unblocked me just to send a note to me expressing how crept out he felt.....never meet your heroes, kids.   And then there's Toledo, no clue as to why he blocked me.  TheNightDutchess...yeah, I love her as a friend but I don't think I did anything to make her want to block me from viewing her stuff since I didn't get in any tiffs with her or anything,  she should have apologized before-hand.  Jasper-Rolls?  Barely interacted with the guy, why does he want to avoid me?

Whatever though,  it's their loss.
:iconadarion:
Adarion Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020  Student General Artist
I think it is called
a) Eclipse
b) the age of "social media platforms" where everything becomes a short-lived trend, and attention span is 30 seconds max

Besides, I checked your profile and didn't see anything, and you're here for just 2 months yet, so don't expect too much.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020
People always been mistaken about my account. I am not talking about myself here actually.

Don't get me wrong idea. I only ask opinion here not because I pursuing followers (watchers) here. This account only forum bots.
Also I don't give a damn about 'Elcipse' or any 'social media platform'. I don't use it because it can't make my account grow more.
I never expect to grow me up here because this site is not good enough.

I use another platform instead DA or social media to submit my artwork. 
:iconthemightysephiroth:
TheMightySephiroth Featured By Owner Edited Jul 31, 2020   General Artist
I personally just unfollow all people I'm watching when the list gets to long. A thousand people? I can't see everyone's art in a day! That's anywhere from 600-2,000 new deviations to view daily. I don't have time for that.
So I delete the whole list and start over. Things I need like bases or art i really like is already in my favorites folder so I dont need to watch those people too. If I'm interested in what they're up to I can follow up on them from the faved image.
Honestly, IMHO, follows and unfollows are pretty meaningless unless you sell adoptables. The only reason someone needs to see EVERY. PIECE. OF. ART. YOU. MAKE. is if they're going to buy from you.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2020
No, it's not always meaningless.
It would be meaningless if only people only see few my artworks without discover my whole gallery first. They will think it's cool or amazing from start. Then they will lost interest after I submit new artworks too often. No problem, they just blind enough and failed to understand my art style. Push watch button then unwatch easily like stupid kids. It is my assumption. Sorry, no offense.

Honestly, when I begin to watch artist or someone because I am interested on their creation or artwork, I never push unfollow (unwatch) button for whatever reason. Idk. I just think, I will lose their sight if I do that. Though they change their art styles or their art no longer interest me or they stop drawing/painting. It doesn't matter to me. I still follow them... 
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Jul 30, 2020  Professional Writer
Yeah it can hurt when you're putting in so much energy to create something, ...and then no one seems interested.  But don't give up.  When you keep at it, eventually the people who like what you do  will find your art.  You can  'make back'  all of these watchers, and in some months/year time you could have even more watchers than you've ever had. :shrug: 

Just keep drawing, keep posting, retweeting, faving, interacting...  some people will unwatch,  others will add you to their watch list.  the internet (and deviantArt) is very big.  even if you lose 100 watchers, there's 200 others who could become your watchers in the future...:shrug:
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Aug 2, 2020
Actually I am just a little bit upset. Why they need to follow me from start? Because they think it's look cool? They wanna see I will draw something different other than this. In fact, they just follow (watch) me for nothing.

I believe I will gain more followers more than lose unfollowers in the future. Because everytime I finish drawing and submit to certain sites, there's some users add me to their watching list. And most followers still stay and enjoy my creation.

I don't care if I lose unfollowers after that, I don't exist to entertain them. It is their fault for expecting too much from me. Not my fault.
:iconjengajangle:
jengajangle Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
getting unfollowed shouldn't matter that much. you'll gain more in the future
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Jul 30, 2020
Definitely agree.
:icondadudetdm:
DadudeTDM Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2020  Student Artist
Same
:iconvarkleyfistamule:
VarkleyFistamule Featured By Owner Jul 28, 2020
So basically, everyone has to like everything you do and continue to do so, never have their tastes change or expect more of you, and you get your panties in a wad if they don't. What an ass.
Hidden by Commenter
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Edited Jul 30, 2020
what 'this'?

Yami Huh Plz  
Hidden by Commenter
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Jul 30, 2020
Oh I see. You agree with his shitty comments to offense me.
My comments are truthful, which is why people agree with them. Stop crying.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020
Am I look crying? Huhuhu....

Frozen - Elsa Crying Icon Pikachu crying plz 

I am not crying. I am just sleepy.

Yawn   

...Suddenly I feel so sleepy and tired with your 'truthful' comments.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Edited Jul 29, 2020
Who said everyone has to like everything like I do? Did I say something like that?
Who said everyone has to stay following whereas they don't want to?
When I follow someone do I need like every single post of them? Think logically...

I never force them to stay or like every single of my art. If they think it is not interesting they can leave (push 'unfollow' button) whenever they want.
VarkleyFistamule Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2020
"Who said everyone has to stay following whereas they don't want to?"

The title. Of the thread. That you created. Is "Unfollowers are something should not exist."
 In the body of the post, you called people "sickening" for unfollowing you.

And I need to "think logically?" LMFAO
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Edited Jul 30, 2020
...WTF? Ed Emote wtf Aomine-Huh 

What a jerk...!
Aww, so not only does everyone have to like your stuff or they are "sickening" and "shouldn't exist," but if we disagree with you we're  "a jerk."

I'll bet you're a big hit at parties.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Edited Jul 31, 2020
I am "jerk" or you're real "jerk?

|DEATH NOTE|L SIGH| 

Yes, maybe we are "jerk".
...Whatever... 
IMO, saying that people who unfollow you "shouldn't exist" and calling them "sickening" makes you more of a titty baby than a jerk.

I'm blunt and a lot of people who can't handle any criticism call that being "a jerk." I really couldn't give less of a shit what people think though, especially weak pussies who can't handle any criticism or disagreement without crying about it on a web forum.
VirtualAlchemist Featured By Owner Edited Jul 31, 2020
*Sigh* ...Whatever...

~ Off topic ~

Yawn 

I am simply tired with your 'shit'. You just keep talking nonsense.
I don't give a damn about your insolent attitude.
I am wasting my time and energy to see and reply your crap.
We are done. Bye...
:iconma-harani:
Ma-Harani Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Son, it's alright to get upset. Even artists who used to be hot as shit is losing views because they are no longer apart of something bandwagon. I paid 400 points 3 years ago to dA hub hahahahahahahhaa and got a big increase in watchers, but i don't get famous or anything. They don't interact with you, and most of them already left because of eclipse. You can cry and yell about it, it's fine.
Add a Comment: