Details

May 22
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Eclipse is awful, clumsy and missing features

:iconluchog:
Luchog Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Photographer
Why was pagination removed?  Infinite scroll is garbage, every time I click through something I have to start over from the beginning when I click back.  All the other art sites I'm on either got rid of this garbage, or offer a way to turn it off and go back to using discrete pages.

Why can I no longer select-all on my watchlist?  I cannot find out how to select all or remove all.  I have to remove everything one at a time, which takes forever and is not acceptable. 

Why are subcategories gone?  Why is everything all lumped together now so I can no longer browse subjects I'm interested in?

Seriously, this is awful.  Everything is so dumbed down and lowest-common-denominator now; and any kind of "power user" feature is gone.  DA went from having one of the best art site interfaces to having one of the worst.  FFS even Inkbunny is better than this Eclipse crap.

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconbritish-prophetess:
British-Prophetess Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
I'm not sure if they've got rid of the Llama Trade thing. I can't see it anywhere at all.
:iconcitrus-chickadee:
Citrus-Chickadee Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
:icondeadhorseplz:

www.eclipsefeedback.com/
:iconxhodocto385:
Xhodocto385 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
because of the lack of pagination, no one could comment on any gallery list or fave list because of the endless scrolling!.
:iconskittlerocket:
SkittleRocket Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Pagination will be returning. It's on their list of features to bring back from the old site.

I'm not sure about the select all for Watch, but as RachBurns said, you can report it as a bug or as a suggested feature. Or even suggest what you would like to see on the site by commenting on this journal:

Discover the New DeviantArtThe evolution of DeviantArt has arrived, and there’s even more on the way. Explore a community of creativity on a new design that puts the art front and center — in an ad-free experience. Showcase your art on a sleek new Profile design, find art you’ll love with Recommended For You, and use the new Chat feature to connect with others instantly!NEW: Chat on DeviantArt!Connect and communicate with fellow deviants by using Chat! Engage in easy, instant one-to-one or one-to-many chats and personalize the experience by including art, emoticons, and GIFs. (Chat is steadily rolling out to deviants across the community. To request early access, comment on this journal.)FEATURESPersonalize Your ProfileCreate a Profile that showcases your art, favorite deviants, and highlights your interests and unique personality.Cover Image: Make an impactful first impression by selecting a cover image that best represents you.Custom Section: Add a Custom section with your own background, images, text, and GIFs, to help express yourself.Spotlight Deviations: Feature up to five of your own deviations, or shine a light on deviations from deviants you admire. A New Home PageBrowse and explore content that’s curated and relevant to your personal taste.Recommended For You: Based on your interests and how you interact with the site, Recommended for You personalizes your browse experience – allowing you to discover deviations and deviants that are tailored to you.Deviants You Watch: Focus on the deviations from the deviants you currently follow right from your front page.Topics: View deviations most relevant to what you’re looking for within a given genre.Muted Tags: Create a list of tags to be excluded and hidden from your Browse and Search results.Grow as an ArtistExpand your brand with tools to help you explore more opportunities as an artist.Stats & Insights: Gain perspective on your audience by unlocking metrics about you, your deviations, and your activity. Core Members receive additional metrics, such as Profile traffic.Portfolio: Sync one of your Galleries to create a free portfolio site that you can share with friends, family, and potential clients. Get started by hovering over your avatar in the site’s main navigation and clicking “Create” next to Portfolio.Commissions: Expand your reach by selling custom creations to deviants who love your style. Hover over the Submit button to add a new commission and start selling. And More!Welcome New Deviants: Get to know artists new to the community by seeing their deviations directly from DeviantArt’s front page. Reaching out to new deviants helps introduce them to the community and builds community friendships.Themes: Experience DeviantArt in a dark, light, or green theme based on your personal preference. Hover over your avatar in the site’s main navigation and choose a theme in the menu.Feedback Views: Access your Feedback from the notification bell, and choose how you review them, with simple or advanced views.Pagination: Navigate Browse or Search through infinite scroll or pagination, and explore at your own pace. Switch between the options from the Account Settings page.Live Notifications: Get notified when deviants interact with you and your work via a pop-up notification in the lower left corner of your browser.Deviation Backgrounds: Give your art an extra pop by selecting a special background to further elevate your deviation. Core Members get more deviation backgrounds to choose from.RESOURCESCommunity RelationsCommunity Volunteers have created helpful journals highlighting some of the newly released features. Learn tips and insights from fellow deviants.Searching by @JenFruzz Polls by @JenFruzz Create a Journal Feature: by @JustACapharnaumCheck out the rest in the Community Relations group!Knowledge BaseDeviantArt’s vast Knowledge Base contains helpful FAQs and tutorials to help you learn more about features and make the most of your site experience.COMING NEXTIn addition to Chat, here’s a sneak peek of what’s being worked on.Organize your Galleries and Collections with drag and dropBirthday remindersUpload a custom Gallery coverPagination for Galleries and commentsAdditional ways to profit from your deviationsMore Core Membership benefitsImproved Posts feedMore improvements to front pageImprovements to favouriting and collectingImproved image pollsGroups updatesA brand-new way to use badgesMore personalization to your ProfileWhat more would you like to see added to the roadmap? Let us know in the comments below!...

It has a list of things that are coming soon, too. 
:iconrachburns:
RachBurns Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
For selecting all in your watchlist, click the checkmark for one and then above it you'll see the select all option. It is a second step but does the job. And as I understand, they're working on pagination? (I'm not anyone who worked on Eclipse, I have no idea why it wasn't already made.)
:iconluchog:
Luchog Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Photographer
I did that, but no "select all" option appeared. Either they removed it, or it's yet another part of this new interface that is badly broken.
:iconrachburns:
RachBurns Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Alright, I believe you. Can you get a screenshot to https://www.eclipsefeedback.com/?username=Luchog&waDaRef=ioueKckx in the 'report a bug' section?
It might be hard to get into it since a lot of people are reporting things lately. Good luck!
Add a Comment: