Eclipse is shittier than I expected

Seriously Deviant Art, this is probably the biggest fail you ever done.

This is not a finished version, this is not what the users want, this is just a mix and match of bugs and functions we don't even care about.
(For example, I tried adding screen shots of my current problem and it actually refuse to load them, so good job on your fantastic eclipse.)

It's not adapted for Desktop and it is also not adapted for Phones, who is it for then.

All we asked was to not have anything forced on us. Just to keep the old model.

Deep down I surely hope that your stubbornness with this project will end this platform because you are surely loosing more parts of your community than you think

Comments194
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I can't remember if I commented here before. But I don't care now.

:icondeadhorseplz:
It is literally just to advertise Wix's crappy website builder shit.  They could not care less how user friendly or functional it is. 

If they cared, they would listen to feedback, and they would have had most of this shit sorted before going live with it.
There are so many things i dont know how to do now . It actually took me several days to figure out how to favorite a piece again. And there are still so many functions that i havent yet figured out how to do again. 

A website shouldnt be this hard to navigate! Why are all the buttons hidden!? Aaaaaaagh! 
Oddly enough, they seem to have fixed a bug I reported this week. I used to try to delete images from a group but they'd stay. Today it seems that can be done.
I'm barely on anymore and I used to be on every day.  Its actually de-motivational, instead of inspiring me and my friends its like. "Oh no, is it really worth it to try to navigate this site?"  My friends were on every day and now they're barely on anymore.  Eclipse is killing the one place artists can go to see great art and other artists.
Well optimalization is dogpoo
It actually looks better on my really old 1680x1050 lcd, I bet it would be killer on the 19" CRT I tossed a few years ago.
I post photos of architecture here and when I browse for art, I also mostly search architecture photography. Now. Am I stupid, or looking for specific photos of architecture is impossible? Is "Street Photography" the only filter I can use now? Because if it is, then f**k it. Sure, it shows me some buildings, but they are mixed with all kind of crap I don't care about. + Using the eclipse on my phone is so bad, that I stopped doing that alltogether. It's so clunky and laggy that it makes my blood pressure go through the roof. I just want the old layout back. It can look like this new one, but with everything old in place. Now I know how my parents feel when they replace their phones and are completely lost in the UI. It's THAT annoying.
Certainly. Doom would be a more fitting term to call it.
I was completely bashed for trying to address Eclipse's issues a while back. It felt like I was the only one having issues. Apparently, this is not the case anymore.
Just.... R.I.P This formerly awesome site and everything it used to stand for, Eclipse is truly the death of deviantART's originality and individuality. v.v Not gonna lie, though I don't post anything here anymore, I sometimes pop on just to see if Wix ever plans to fix this mistake, probably not anytime soon though. They're too busy having their heads up their asses doing whatever they please and to hell with the rest of us that disagree with it for good reasons.
Many folks dislike eclipse 1/10 take the time to post the rest ........
"Deep down I surely hope that your stubbornness with this project will end this platform because you are surely loosing more parts of your community than you think"

If it does, I have dibs on the source code, for my own research.
Anyone here a forcibly retired llama trader?

The user/badges page is broken, just gives me a 404 error :/ Meanwhile user/badge/llama is still here (for now) but doesn’t let me do much

Also the interface is one hell of a mess. If you want to give someone a llama, the old interface (yay) shows up.
Wanna back to old style.
I have written this to DA:

Hi Team,

I hope your plans were not just design, but for a better experience.
Here are artists, that paint portraits, or landscapes or doing art in a specific category with specific programs etc. (!)

Who of you had this idea to completely throw it away and add such things like location, like Never Never Land or Gotham City. Are you kidding the whole artists world?
Who is searching Gotham City? Or my location I am painting a specific portrait or landscape or doing an abstract painting of a flower, or doing Concept Art for a Game (!)
This is not a photographers side, where the only topic is, where the photo has been shot.
This is TOTALLY uninteresting for any artist and learning artist and any professional artist (I am one, yes).

Art must be in categories, so people can search for it and can find it!

Folks, don't put this mail by side. Discuss that, and bring back the categories and stop destroying this side. The design is nice, but art and it's form of presenting it to the right people, are the most important thing.

When I am searching new Laptop to buy, I am giving the values I need, to find it. I don't put in there the location where it was build in.

Art must be in categories, so people can search for it and can find it!

Here are some other artists opinions I have found in 1 minutes seaching:
-------- 1 exmaple:
Hey guys,

I need help.
DA has some amazing resourses that I've used for ages but now I dont know how to use the filter! I can't even find the damned thing! Where is it??

-------- 2 example:

i can't easily search for what i want to search for anyone, it's missing features the old site had, and i honestly think it looks uglier too.
-------- 3 example:

It's harder to browse latest submissions.

..and so on.

----
Michael
they're not gonna read all that stuff, they just ignore the suggestions

they've made that category of stuff that you can send just to kind of prove that they at least listen to us, sometimes, maybe, who knows.
Fully agree. 
This should go on Reddit under r/thanksihateit because everyone, including myself, HATES this so-called "feature".