Closed to new replies
November 3, 2019
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Why do people assume I'm a boy?

:iconss0011:
SS0011 Featured By Owner Edited Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
When I'm an androgynous cis girl. It's not in real life, just online. What happened to asking the person what their pronouns are??

Devious Comments

:iconlittlebird2014:
littlebird2014 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't know, honestly! If I didn't know who you are I would assume you're a woman, just because your avatar looks like a girl lol. I assume that others make snap judgements like that as well to identify what you are, but idk. If it bothers you a lot maybe add a signature that says "She/her" if this is an online thing that bothers you, or if its in real life, I'm not sure, just correct people? Not sure how I can help haha sorry!! Just giving my two cents<3

SIDE RANT LOL-- I'm not a big fan of the whole "asking pronouns" thing cuz' it just seems silly. To paraphrase what Blaire White once said, we'd have to restructure how we interact with each other if that was a thing, since it isn't really normal to go up to someone to start up a conversation and go "Hello, I'm Jane and my pronouns are she/her, what are yours??", it just..doesn't seem natural, ya'know? Especially if someone doesn't seem feminine/masculine, then it just adds extra struggle with interacting w/whomever you're speaking to(not to imply you aren't feminine, if I saw you in public I would assume you are a woman!!). I dunno where I'm going with this lol, ig I'm saying that's really just not a thing people do besides on rare occasion I'd guess! haha
SS0011 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.
:iconlazycafe:
LazyCafe Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Who thought of the word "cis" wtf happen to straight, guess that went out the window along with the word heterosexual 

anyway dont know, when i was a kid with braids, i looks like a little boy. It all comes after who you take after most in genetics  

---------------------------------------------------------
*clicks pic* it depends i guess, i can tell you are female in fact u look like a cuz of mine but who knows, tomboyish features 
(also people online like to be a dick just to be a dick sometimes lol or just assume male till boobs DX)
Cis means not transgender. Otherwise we still use the word straight. Even though I'm not straight. I'm bi. I suppose you're right. 
:iconlazycafe:
LazyCafe Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i still hate that fucking word DX 
but i feel ya TwT i was called male irl up till i was 13 
Oh dang. Sorry to hear that. My mom made sure to give me the most girly looking hairstyles so people would know I was a girl years ago.
:iconchaseawaythedark:
chaseawaythedark Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Student Writer
I'm the same way :shakefist: ; my friend told me once that I "don't type like a girl" :lol:

so that might be it :iconthinkingplz:
How does somebody not type like a girl? That's .... interesting. Lol
:icon61021376:
61021376 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019
What happened to asking the person what their pronouns are??
It was never a thing in the civilized world, errare humanum est. If someone makes a mistake just correct them and move on
True. Still, I hate when they don't ask if I'm a girl or a boy. They just assume when talking to someone else and say, "He was asking a question" or , "He seems pretty cool to talk to". 
Why bother asking? it's not like it's relevant to most  topics
Alright, thanks for posting in my thread.
You're welcome
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019
Well, obviously it's because girls don't exist on the web
Everybody is probably like 40 and living in their mom's basement if they're on the internet. Total incels or something lol.
:iconcitrus-chickadee:
Citrus-Chickadee Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
Probably a combination of people assuming EVERYONE on the internet is a dude + not being able to hear your voice. :shrug:
Nah, my voice totally doesn't help either lol, but idk why they assume everyone is automatically a dude though.
Add a Comment: