Closed to new replies
October 29, 2019
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

I don't have any goals

:iconss0011:
SS0011 Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm slowly becoming more and more nihilistic. Everytime someone asks what I want to do with my life or what goals I have for my future, I don't know how to answer them. Career goals is the biggest one that I can't seem to find. Singer? Actor? Nah, I only want to fantasize about it, not actually do it. How do people know what they want out of life without experiencing it??!! My mom keeps telling me that I should work in the animation industry, but I don't want to. I'm too lazy and art is only a hobby that I'm bad at. I do it to pass the time then delete my art, because I don't like it. T_T 

Devious Comments

:icondj-edi:
Dj-Edi Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2019
I understand how you feel. I'm having a hard time picking a career as well. It's just so hard to tell if you will like something just by reading about it and not trying it. I just want to have a profession that I'll enjoy doing but it seems impossible to find one :(
Every career has its hard times, I understand that. I just wanna find something about that career satisfying enough for me to not wanna give up on it. Don't give up hope! You'll find something. I know I'll find something too. 
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2019
NEET is becoming more and more common these days... however, if you're interested in finding a career, find something that interests you and then go for it.  currently it's medicine, software and hardware (computer/tech) and factory working (still plenty around in many locations) and folks can make good money doing this.  uncertain what another generation will hold as the top three ideas.  however if something else interests you such as working on vehicles, teacher, etc then look into and see if said field interests you.  won't know until you explore...
I have very few interests. Arts and crafts interested me when I was in school. Nothing else. Except lunch time. I like watching food channels on YouTube, but can't cook. I can't get in the kitchen either, because I'm not allowed to. (The microwave is my best friend lol.) Sure, computer tech is good money, but I don't want to do it. If it was really about the money I could have went to college to be a doctor or a lawyer years ago and hated it. My main issue is not wanting to hate the career, because I will do poorly in college due to not being focused.
have you tried being a temp worker.  with that you can apply to working anywhere that needs work for a short amount of time and if you and the employer likes one another they might consider hiring you on.  liking the job is a bonus as well.  you can check your local area for such places and you don't need to meet many requirements.  I believe it was a high school diploma, however not all the time.  and you can get that easy as well these days.  I know a few friends/family that hire onto being temp workers and make good money and are not tied to a set job for the rest of their life.
If it's temp work my mom won't let me, because she thinks it's a waste of time. Looking for a non temp job. It's not easy to even find one and that makes me wanna give up. I thought of trying McDonald's next. I tried Taco Bell and was told that I needed a highschool diploma or ged to get hired. Subway didn't even call back.
yeah I've begun to notice a trend of needing a high school diploma or GED. even Walmart needs one of these to get hired.
It sucks, because I was in public school till 4th grade and then homeschooled till 7th. I wish we could pick our parents. Anyways, I'll have to figure out how to make some money to get my ged. 
Add a Comment: