Closed to new replies
October 26, 2019
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

I almost don't even wanna post in forums anymore

:iconss0011:
SS0011 Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Seems like I'm annoying and someone called me a troll account who posts garbage, so I really don't even want to bother anymore. If I need to rant or ask anything, I'll just do it else where, not on DA. As a matter of fact I almost want to just leave completely. Now I see what people mean when they say there is drama in the forums. 

Devious Comments

:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Professional Writer
elsewhere forums are dead :stare: or set up in such a way you cant tell whos replying to whom. plus making accounts all over be a pain in the [redacted]. and 4chan is full of retards.

:yawn:
Def not 4chan. Maybe Reddit or something. Even though, yes trolls are everywhere. So, might be better to take a break.
:iconmistgod:
Mistgod Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I get the sense that social media is slowing down all over, except for things like Instagram, that are mostly imagery instead chatting in text.  The art of writing what you want to express is kinda becoming passe.  Now you can tell your "story" with images and memes and not bother with any effort to write.  
:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
I’m just coming back after only a few days to learn that I’m apparently responsible for an alt account :lol:

Anyhoo, as others have said, it’s best to simply ignore them. People are trash and always will be trash, better to just let it dissipate
An alt account?? Dang, that's really crazy. You're right, I need a break actually.
:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
I never said anything about a break, but that’s great too :lol:

As for me, I think I’ll just grab a chair and a bucket of popcorn and watch the drama unfold :popcorn:
:iconcitrus-chickadee:
Citrus-Chickadee Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
Honestly, the forums almost aren't worth it anyway, even if you are good with stress.

I took a break for a couple weeks and it felt really nice. ...Mostly the only reason I came back is because I'm that bored. :iconlazycryplz:
I know, I feel a bit bored not browsing the forums. Maybe I should just only browse.
:iconcarolinewildcat:
CarolineWildcat Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
Just ignore them, everyone believes the big cheese on the Internet, when in reality they're the worst garbage on the planet and if they keep talking to you, automatically block them. People like that never change...
Ah, you're right. People use the internet to be jerks pretty often.
:iconcarolinewildcat:
CarolineWildcat Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
And don't forget, that'll save you a lot of headaches in your life Neptune Wink Icon 

And you didn't think that just because I speak another language things are different here, evil will always exist Lovely Shoujo (Nods) [V4] 
:iconhertz0:
Hertz0 Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
What drama? This place is dead. 
I wish it was dead. It's random ass-hats and trolls pretty much running around in the forums.
:icontargaryen-industries:
Targaryen-Industries Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Student Photographer
You'll be playing a prisoner who asks if he can leave, and the warden says yes.
That oddly makes sense. Even though I feel as if I post some negative stuff in the forums that would cause people to feel annoyed by me. I can try to tone it down or maybe do something more positive when I feel a certain way.
You must try, TRY, try really hard to not give a shit if you annoy someone on the forum.  You're attempts to not be annoying are annoying!  I AM ANNOYED!  

wait.. phew.... deep breaths... everything is going to be okay, even if everything being okay is annoying.  
I will try to ignore the trolls and the snowflakes. Gosh, even though I seriously don't like them. You're right, I can't be self conscious.
Don't be too hard on yourself if you struggle with that. I do myself all the time. Obviously, the forum can both suck and be fun at the same time. I come here a lot for some reason. I like the attention and the interaction but hate some of the hate and meanness. I have been guilty of a lot of that myself, but not always. I think I am most obnoxious and deliberately trigger people by being edgy non-politically correct.
I'm definitely too hard on myself, but I appreciate the kind words. It seems that I just need a break I believe. Haha, well I don't think you're mean. It's not meanness if the person is already overly sensitive.
I can be very mean and rude, but only to people I think are being emotionally manipulative via victim posturing pity parties or virtue signaling or some other thing like that. I am blunt in dismissing it. I can be be rude to someone who I think is mistreating me. I am brutally honest in having non-politically correct conservative views that some feel are bigoted, sexist, transphobic or whatever. I think they are just using labeling and shaming to intimidate me into agreeing with their social views, which are misguided or warped.
There's nothing wrong with being honest. Not everyone will agree with you. I know that, so it's no big deal. Haha. Yep, been there too, labeling and shaming are the worst way to try to manipulate someone. It shows how pitiful people like that are.
(1 Reply)
:iconmanchines:
Manchines Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Artist
Are you good with stress?
I've been stressed my entire life since my grandparents were always in the hospital, so yes I'm good with stress and at the same time, no I am not good with stress.
Let me rephrase my question.
How are you at handaleling stress?

When stressed out what do you do?
If someone or something stresses me I want to escape from the stress and since I can't, I feel frustrated. When I'm frustrated, I rant. Or my mind races to the point of me asking questions that might seem dumb or annoying. So, I'm trying to get past that and actually do something better to cope.
Sounds like a lot of anxiety rushing in all at once.
Yeah I have a lot of anxiety unfortunately.
Mistgod Featured By Owner Edited Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
DA Forum Junkies are Emotionally DisturbedEveryone on the Deviantart forums has "problems." I think it's a prerequisite. If you don't have some sort of emotional irregularity, the interest in the forum would quickly lapse. I think the amount of dedication to this particular forum is proportional to a user's mental disturbances. :D  Maybe this will help explain it all.  Don't let it bring you down!  I say stay and annoy the hell out of people by your tenacity and refusal to be intimidated into leaving.  Do take some breaks now and then for real life stuff though.   
True, very true. Thank you for this. Even though I might wanna space out my forum posts or try to be more positive about what I post.
:D
:iconlittlebird2014:
littlebird2014 Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't find you annoying!! I don't think anyone else(maybe besides the dickwads who wanna ruin everything) finds you annoying either. I'd said ignore em' and keep posting as you please!!

Besides, if you stop because of them, then that'll just motivate them to be even more obnoxious because now they'll feel like they have the power to make anyone leave! D:
but if you really must leave I wouldn't wanna guilt trip you to stay, I'm just saying that you don't need to !! There's always people here to help you out when you post ,, <3
Thank you so much! I still might try to limit my posts at least. IDK how many I make, so I do realize that it might be too many at a time. I was frustrated, but I really don't wanna leave.
:iconlittlebird2014:
littlebird2014 Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
You're welcome!! And that's okay. I wouldn't know how many you make but you do post quite frequently so I would say quite a few ! You could follow yourself on another account so you'll have a notification for every post you make, if you wanna keep track of them in the future. ^_^

Though personally, I don't think you post  too much! You have a lot to ask and say and there's nothing wrong with that. I hope you're feeling better and I'm glad you don't wanna leave!! Maybe taking a short break from posting on the forums will help you out, if you still aren't sure about it all ig !!!
I think I will take a short break actually. Maybe I can some how stop posting so much. That's a good idea! I could make a side account. Maybe something to rant shortly on in journals and then delete the journals of course after I read the rant to really understand why I feel that way. Also good for anything else that I might wanna keep track of as you said.
:iconmissllyn:
MissLlyn Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it takes a few to spoil the fun.
Ikr? The trolls calling people like us trolls.
Oh my gods is that the pot calling the kettle black.  Hah hah hah!  Lordy above.  I love this place so much sometimes, when I am not hating it with a passion.  I am beginning to like you more than ever Ghoulish-Shop.  You should definitely read my response to the OP above.  It all makes sense not to me.  Allllll of it.  

I know, I know, you think I am a transphobic, bigoted, human piece of garbage and I should kill myself to save humanity and the planet from evil.  Who knows?  You might be right, but I won't.  

I hope you are having an excellent weekend. :D
:iconunwritten-lyrics:
Unwritten-Lyrics Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
Only the complaints forum is like that.
It's every forum it seems. 
:icondraenei-friend:
draenei-friend Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
The DA forums are trash to be honest.
Ikr? I wish I could turn off the forums.
:iconshesvii:
Shesvii Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Professional Traditional Artist
Send a formal ticket to staff begging them to please forum ban you.
I totally should ask to get forum banned lol.
:icondraenei-friend:
draenei-friend Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
I ignore the forums most of the time.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
this be the net, DA isn't any different. 
This is why I don't like human interaction.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
at least the net you can be selective and block if need be.  in real life you don't have that options.
:icontargaryen-industries:
Targaryen-Industries Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Student Photographer
That's why I got house keys and car lock and a .45, bitch. Private Property.
Yeah, you're right. Even though I don't like to block people. I have only 2 blocked so far. 
Hidden by Commenter
Add a Comment: