eclipse

what do i need to say?
eror 503
not being abel to go back
acsee denide ect
Comments163
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I agree.
I'm getting so annoyed now, its been ages, and I've sent several bug reports to them, but nothing is happening. I can't do anything on the site now; I can't view art, favourite anything, delete anything from my watch, nothing works and most of all it won't change back!! :angry: Angry geek girl 
Someone needs to do something :exhausted: 
I super dislike it, if it switches to only eclipse available it may be site breaking for me. Great attempt though DA team, its just too dark! hahah <3
I actually like the new design. They didn't rearrange the interface and locations of widgets much at all from the old website to the point that I had to go looking for them, which is greatly appreciated. It's still buggy, but I trust they will still roll in the fixes, it's still early. I also appreciate that it doesn't look like a site that is specifically designed for mobile phones in mind.
I hate that they REMOVED functionality, as far as I can tell, when I'm looking through my notifications. I can't remove deviations from my notifications while browsing them, I can't select ALL of a given type anymore and I really dislike that it loads more if I scroll down rather than being page-based.
My issue with Eclipse is that under the old system in my Deviation Stack I could click the middle mouse button on the picture and open this gallery in another tab. Using Eclipse this doesn't work so I either have to open the gallery in my current tab and go back to the Deviation Stack once I'm done, or click on the artist's name with my middle mouse button and navigate to the gallery. What they need to do is change the code so in Eclipse you can easily open galleries in a new tab.
New layout not very user friendly but I could adapt to that with time. My main problem is that "Scraps" folder is placed in the focus of a gallery section. Scraps are just that – things that not supposed to be seen for the most part. I've been keeping there my old works as a memory of first steps in the profession. It's not something that I want to be represented on the same level as my current work. Small icon with link in the corner of the old layout worked just fine. Now I'm considering removing of all "Scraps" folder content. And after that I'll end up with an empty folder at the very beginning of my gallery section. Not very thought out design of the most important part of the page.
Good intentions , but failed to keep past  deviations' descriptions and their comments in consideration........If they included Chat Friendly Emotes  ,some  more elaborate descriptions and comments don't fit anymore due to changed dimensions. example 👉🏼 Shiny Thingy by PAULLONDEN

Deviant Art (Eclipse) looks more like the "GIPHY"site now.
Just bring back the old watch page in all three colour choices. 
Also, why is the forum still green? I was hoping for everything to be shrouded in glorious darkness.
Ok whatever you are doing with eclipse just froze my computer, and threw my fan settings to maximum, I just bought a 5000$ alienware that barely works as it is, and it isnt here for you to vampire it for your "eclipse" which, isnt even working. also lame twilight references.
These problems busy be user exclusive. Ive had zero issues so far and much prefer the sleeker interface. My page looks hot
I'm stuck on eclipse at the moment, and it's really broken. Won't let me log in without redirecting me 3 or 4 times (it says it "suspects I might be a robot"). When I complete the captcha successfully, It redirects me several times, until my computer blocks the site itself think it's a virus.
Oh boy i'ts another eclipse issue

is not our fault,it's the jewish staff's fault.
if i log out or attempt to browse on mobile it immediately goes to eclipse. a lot of times ill hop on mobile to save a new submission to post to instagram, last night i tried it w the new eclipse function and it took me four fuckin minutes rather than the usual fifteen seconds to get to my newest submission. its impossible to navigate on mobile, looks horrible on both, and apparently its causing a lot of issues for people. it blows
I wanted to make a new DA for my comic studio and it won’t fucking let you switch to old deviantart if you’re a new deviant. It’s completely stupid and nobody likes the new deviantart!
I dont know even one person who approves of Eclipse. I find the number of watchers stuck to your username and upvotes highly degrading to artists. That's what apparently matters, the *number* of watchers (I highly respect all my watchers and feel a personal connection to them, I don't think meaningful people should be reduced to *a number*). Upvotes are an incredibly toxic system and there has been enough proof of it. I feel like we are being presented like a herd of sheep and our profile pages aren't "ours" anymore.

This makes me sick to the stomach. I have been here dealing with deviantArt's bad ideas for 12 years now. But now it is so bad I have already decided I leave. It feels like everything has been taken away from me (us). The "Eclipse toggle" is there but it's obvious it will eventually be gone. It's not something you get used to. DeviantArt was dying since a few years but this is the nail to the coffin. I'm not mad. I'm straight miserable.
It's why I didn't switch, feels good.
It's currently in beta.
I'm just extremely grateful they are retaining the option to go back to the old look. I'm in no mood to deal with changes at the moment. So long as they continue to give us the option to keep and navigate with the old look I'll stay. They picked a green background for a reason. It's easier on the eyes and for artists, it's important to reduce eye strain. The new-look is far too dark and depressing.
Well I'm stuck in that new look. The switch to go back didn't work and it only lasted 3 minutes. I feel like they were taunting me...
Hey there ThunderSnowolf :wave:
I tried with another browser (Firefox) and finally could switch it back to the bloved old version, contiously. still, sta.sh and Muro drawings work better with Internet explorer, so I have to switch between two browsers now. Annoying how they force this on us.

Sadly I can never switch back because it was forced onto me on sign up. Even if the switch did work, they would have taken it away from me way sooner.

hm sh*t. I wonder when they will finally understand that no one wants "eclipse". it´s dark, confusing, difficult to handle.
they could have saved money just not developing and instaling it. I hear one day the toggle button will be gone for all of us.
how do I go back to the version of the site that worked (the one that was a greenish color)?  This dark one doesn't work for me.  I can't click to see any notifications I have, nor can I check groups of deviations that other artists have posted.  I also can't view the larger versions of the art pieces when I click on the thumbnails.  So many functions aren't working.

if this is some way of banning me I'm going to be pissed.  this version of the site kept showing up then reverting back to the one that worked; it would do this over and over again until the dark version let me log in.  when I was forced to view the dark version I wasn't able to log in, but one day it allowed me to log in somehow and how I'm stuck with this dilapidated version of DA that doesn't work.