im bad at everything

I draw like shit apparently. Everyone is telling me that my art is bad, so it must be the case then. 

But then I compare my drawn turds to my old drawn turds and my current turds look better than my previous turds. So I don't know. Bangs my head on the table.

Then there's my ocs. I have no idea how badly written they are. I don't know how badly designed they are. I'm assuming they're terribly made. 

i'm just shit at everything. 
even at the thing i like to do the most.
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
you do realize we are our worst enemy right?  as soon as we let the negative comments in, they settle in and start to cast us into negative then they have won and you have lost.  don't let them get you down.  practice makes perfect and Rome wasn't formed in a day, felt like it fell in a day, but it wasn't formed.
have you considered that the friends you keep aren't actually friends to you?

if anything, I'd say they say that because you are better than them and want you to stop being better than them

I'm lookign at your gallery, there's not much there but "bad" isn't the first thing that comes to mind
I'm not a fan of this style 
but they are actually pretty good and if you made a comic book (which seems to be your style)  I'd probably want to see it 
You should be less harsh on yourself. I'd mention the artwork (which I think is fine btw) but honestly I think this is more to do with general motivation and self-worth honestly. You should remember no one here can see you, only your words, and your words are presented just like anyone else's so don't worry about people judging you.

I get the sense you like beating yourself up and if you're finding excuses to do that through artwork or interaction here then maybe you should take a break. Not quit, just take a time out so you don't blow things out of proportion and get a little bit of perspective on things. It's quite easy to just overthink things when you're constantly going at something so I find just taking a step back is the best course of action, seeing after some time that what bothered you really wasn't that big a deal in the end.
B...But i like your ocs .-.
You have way more art skills than me dude Q-Q and I love your characters as well especially vlad c: if it makes you feel better, compare your art to mine, yours is much better and well made compared to mine c:👌
your stuff isn't bad tho.
Your art is better than mine tho xD 
Nuu Noooooooooo you can't leave T^T I wanna see more of your art :(   I happen to like it a lot :D  But seriously speaking, every artist needs to hear some constructive criticism in order to get better so try not to take it to heart, ok?   Unless they are just being downright rude, then just ignore  that hogwash,  coz they are just being ignorant swine EVIL Laughter!  Just keep your head up and draw as you have been coz your art is awesomeHeadbang! Hug 
;-; this is the nicest thing i've ever read and now im cryin rn
Aww, you're welcome >\\u\\<  I just hate seeing people being patronized over their work (art).   Especially talented people like yourself XD  Hug Love 
Wtf your art isn't bad?? Sure there's room for improvement but that goes for everyone. If the "turds" are looking better then that means you're improving which means you are not shit at art. Whoever is saying those things clearly does not understand how to properly critique and evaluate art. 

Objectively you have a good grasp on color, lighting, expression and line control. The anatomy and composition can use a bit of work but overall not bad. Improvement is a never ending process and an indicator of a good artist is the ability to recognize flaws within your own work. But don't let these flaws override all the positive aspects about your art-of which there are many. It may take years for you to become confident in your abilities but a sure way to guarantee you become a terrible artist is to give up on art completely. If it's what you like to do the most then you just gotta keep on keeping on and confidence will find its way to you.
maybe im being too hard on myself.
idk
Take a break for a bit, but if you love art don't quit art, you have talent and a good skill level.

Have you tried uploading your art on Newgrounds?, there are a lot of artists with a similar art style to the one you have, so i bet they can give you good tips on how to improve your style.
honestly. I'm on the verge of quitting. I just want to give up on social media and my art. i suck
I get you, a few years back i felt the same, and did that, i spent more than a year without drawing, and when i wanted to draw again, i lost a lot of skill, and had te re-learn a bunch of stuff.

But don't quit art, on my situation it did help me to get off social media, but i should not had to stop drawing, i really regret that, so if you are out of social media for a while, keep drawing, draw for yourself, and remember the feeling of doing art for yourself, no one judging, no expectations to surpass, just you having fun, drawing what you want.
Critiques are helpful but if people are just being rude to you, for the sake of being an ass, then I suggest you ignore them. I know it's hard dealing with stuff like that but you can't let them win. Keep drawing what you enjoy and always strive to improve! 
i take things personally. 
its a problem lol
"If at first you don't succeed, then failure may be your style." ~Quentin Crisp

So roll with it...
im seriously bummed out by this.
like im considering deleting all my social media and just going back to the old times where social media wasn't a concern for me.
i'm on the verge of just giving up now
practice makes perfect, you can look up some tutorials. eventually you'll get a feel of drawing and get better over time.

edit: or ignore my advice because i had one burn out with you
I've done all of that.
I've done practice.
I've taken classes.

I'm bummed the fuck out.
I'm considering deleting all my shit tbh. I'm trash. I make trash.
I'm not surprised that you hate my guts. I am an insufferable ass who whines a lot so it's understandable.
tf i dont hate you?  i mean i'm blunt and harsh at times :u

maybe take a break
You can be harsh all you want. I already know I'm a shitty person. 

I know I'm an insufferable cunt that can't take any hint of criticism.
I know I'm a sensitive snowflake that pretends to be tough. For fuck's sake, I made a goddamn thread awhile back, bitching about some faggot calling my art sjw art, all because of a fucking journal I wrote. 
Am I an attention whore? Probably. I made plenty of whiny sad posts. 
Am I a hypocrite? Most likely. 
So yeah, I can see why you wouldn't like me. I can see why nobody would like me.
I think maybe a break would be good :s go lay down and relax with some music