There is another bathroom, you smelly bastard!

I live with my partner and his elderly parents (his mom is 68 and his dad is 64). For the most part I've learned to live with all the annoyances that come with this arrangement.

One thing just drives me absolutely nuts and insults the hell out of me though. The house in which we live has 2 washrooms; a full bathroom upstairs near my inlaws bedroom, and a half bath (just a sink and toilet) on the ground floor near our bedroom.

Well without fail, my partner's father will take a giant stinking shit in the downstairs bathroom every fucking morning right before I go to brush my teeth :stare: He has absolutely zero awareness or concern regarding the fact that it's goddamn disgusting for me to have to brush my teeth in a bathroom that reeks of old man shit. 

My toothbrush and toothpaste is in that bathroom, along with my other personal products. I cannot just go upstairs to do the same thing. There is a perfectly functional toilet upstairs god damnit! There's no reason he can't haul his ass up the short flight of stairs to the other damned bathroom! (I refuse to move my things upstairs as I'm afraid to go up there, because he sleeps naked and I have 'accidentally' - ie I'm pretty sure he does it on purpose - seen him completely nude one too many times to risk that)

And my morning routine is exactly the same, every day, in the same order, taking the same amount of time, so I am always going to be brushing my teeth at about 7:10am every day. It's not like it's a surprise.

But nope, gotta go take a giant smelly dump right before she brushes her teeth durh hur!! His wife even yelled at him about it yesterday and pointed out that he does it every single morning. I hate that man, I really do.

:icontealdeerplz: My father in law takes a giant stinky shit in the washroom where I brush my teeth in the morning and is too pigheaded to use his own washroom instead :stare:
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I would take a moment before brushing your teeth, go in and turn on the vent fan(if you don't have one, consider installing one), maybe using an air freshener.  Surely you could delay your tooth brushing by five minutes or so.  If you are on a tight schedule, try doing something else while you wait if at all possible.  Or ask your MiL or boyfriend to turn it on before you get in if they get up before you.

Or try to time it where you brush your teeth BEFORE he takes his dump.  At his age, he is unlikely to change, but you can.
Used to be some guys at the local game store who took absolutely MASSIVE shits in the store bathroom, like, the size of a human arm, and then wouldn't flush, EVER.  
one time my sister clogged the toilet in the bathroom. it smelled like f**king satan.
they make sprays and nice smelling things that last a month, you could try using those.  mentioning it could start a war, so, be certain to hide all things in your room until things calm down.  on a side note he could be doing all of this in spite and, knowing that he's doing it, doesn't like you or just a douche by default.  ever thought about sticking a fish in the bathroom shower in the upstairs bathroom?  or something else that contains odor?  hiding something that stinks upstairs... 
Move your toothbrush upstairs. That'll get him to start using that bathroom. :dummy:
Don't leave your toothbrush in the bathroom. Any time someone flushes the toilet it will give off bad things that land on your brush.
That's why my toothbrush is closed in a cabinet, unlike everyone else's despite my telling them just that.
If it's in somewhere else like your bedroom then you can take it anywhere and brush anytime and it's even farther away from the toilet.
Yeah my bedroom is not somewhere I'd like to keep my toothbrush either, and I'm not fond of the whole degrading process of having to carry my personal hygiene products from room to room just because some old fuck can't take a dump in the upstairs bathroom like everyone else in the house wishes he would. (My boyfriend yells at him about this pretty regularly but his dad usually just turns up the TV.)
That's degrading to you? That's just keeping your stuff clean. Nothing degrading about that.

Put up a sign on the bathroom door saying No Dumping. It works for vacant lots here.
My stuff is perfectly clean within the enclosed cabinet in the washroom, where normal people go to brush their teeth and comb their hair and put makeup on. Lord.
They may still be your boyfriends family but it is still his daddy's house, not yours.  And all of this time I was lead to believe things were so much better up in Canada, and it's not safe to drink the water?. Is Canada's water like that of Flint Michigan?  At least down here in St. Louis Missouri we have some of the best city produced drinking water in the country, and it actually tastes good.
Actually his mother owns the house and she agrees with me that he's being a gross ass about not just going upstairs to take his morning dump. Also I have no idea where you got on the water thing? This has nothing to do with water quality?
Nah m8 Canada's water is fine, it's just the user  Giggle 
I don't even know why he's all up about the water, I never mentioned water?
Who's house is it.  Have you considered moving out and living on your own?  You could also consider brushing your teeth at the kitchen sink.  I'm sure your hosts wouldn't mind.
Not to mention if he's in the bathroom, I can't get to my toothbrush and toothpaste. And I'm not keeping it in the other washroom for the aforementioned scary naked old man reason. 
Then you should keep your toothbrush and toothpaste elsewhere, like in your purse and a bottle of clean water on hand to brush your teeth with.  If you're really serious about the issue you will find a creative solution beyond just complaining about it.
That's even more gross and unsanitary, not to mention degrading.
Sounds like you live your live in a hazmat suit.  
Yes, I'll move out from the home in which I've lived for 3 years with my boyfriend because his dad is a stinky ass hole. Great idea. :XD: They call me their daughter for pete sake, these people aren't hosts, we're a family. Which is why I hate him so much, there's nothing like familial poop hate to bring you closer together.

Also brushing your teeth at the kitchen sink is gross and unsanitary. 
Is the water up in Canada that bad, or is it that nobody make any effort to clean the house?  There are so many Slobs living in this world today.  I knew on couple who never cleaned up anything.  They would have been better off living in a horse barn.  At least the straw on the floor would have covered up the garbage and a good hosing would keep it fresh.