Art theft

Sorry to disturb you all, but with some friends we discorvered a site which is using art from DA artists to sell printed Iphone cases. It seems to touch a large number of artists from different countries (I've verified with other french artists especially but other such as Wlop are concerned).

They say in their privacy policy that :
"The user himself makes search queries, all content displayed in a window of the browser is received from third-party search engines. The displayed images are loaded from third-party servers, and aren't host on the site hosting. When the user make the order, we get the image from the user, he is responsibility for use. [We] doesn't bear responsibility for the images received from users."

Is there something we or DA can do ? Or is law on their side ?

Thank you,
Kuralya
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yeah I tried to get something similar taken care of if not the same thing by DA and they said if its not on the site that they can't help. (Report) I was trying to ply help again a few weeks later in the (chatrooms for the copyright issue)and then ended up getting attacked by several of the official site mods. (They attacked me mentally, emotionally, spiritually: called me a religious nut case, and dragged my art into it calling it shitty kid art. For which I'm leaving this site, a site that claims to enforce its policy and does not, and a site that claims against hate speech and its admins can't even uphold that. So much for the admins being the paragon of example around here.) I'm only here again because I was deleting art and getting ready to close my account down because of this. I saw a notification that led me to this thread and had to check it out to see how many were affected. I tried reporting this to Google Legal Team since DA won't do anything about the site security issue and its been about a month since I reported it so... If I even hear back from google. I even included in my report the malware side of the issue in hopes if they don't shut it down for copyright they do on the malware side of things.
I tried posting something here in the forums when I first caught it. Google your handle or search image on a piece of art you typically post in the forums to see who's out there screwing you over on copyright. That's how I found out.
Yeah that's not gonna fly haha
They're gonna have to remove any images an artist provides a copyright takedown for, or they're responsible. 
It'll have to be the artist themselves who fill out the takedown notice though, and contact the company. Contrary to popular belief, spamming a company doesn't do anything in these cases other than having all the emails in regard to that artist moved to a trash bin.
We could go at them with the old pitchforks!

Seriously though, it doesn't look good. At least, not to me, but what do I know? I'M A DUMMY! :dummy:
Do you know if we can contact DA directly ? I tried but didn't find the way ^^'
Well, I don't think it looks good either but, let's try ...
This isn't something DA can do anything about. The owners of the works will have to contact the other site.
I was one of them and DA won't do squat and the site just ignores you. I had to report to Google Legal Team and see if I could ply help there. This isn't just a copyright issue though, its a security issue with DA which I tried to report and they ignored this a month ago. If a bot can do this whats stopping them from hacking accounts and claiming card information from people who buy core?
Okay, thank you for your answer ^^