Closed to new replies
March 8
Link

Statistics

Replies: 347

Too much bullying on here

:iconharbinchyna:
Harbinchyna Featured By Owner Edited Mar 8, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
I am sure some of you have been bullied on here, my friends had to go through it too much even I have to.

This needs to stop!

It is not okay to tell people to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not okay to underestimate highly sensitive people!

It is not okay for any man on here to tell a woman he loves her because of her body and her looks ..........

There are so many nasty people and men on here.

I know the usernames that have been so horrible.

No more please .......

Devious Comments

:iconpanapoints:
Panapoints Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
Then don't go to a place where you know you're going to be bullied. Stop going there. There have been people who kept making threads like that over and over, and of course it never changed anything. Sometimes, you have to adapt yourself, not making others adapt.
:iconeidolon1:
Eidolon1 Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I am speaking to you as a veteran of many an internet battle with the worst of the worst.  I started out extremely combative with anybody who disagree or believed in things I disagreed with, and I kept coming back at them until it till they broke.  With each battle I got more thick skinned and opposing comments hurt less and less.  I also developed defence mechanisms, played around with them and made counter remarks that would leave them with smoke coming out of their ears. With time I decided I needed to become a little nicer and try to learn from these discussions instead of just waging war against who disagreed against me.  I have noticed that in the most intense internet discussions there comes a point where logical discussion comes to an end and I have made all of the logical comments I can make.  When I find the only answer is to repeat myself and the intelligent discussion is over it is time to leave before the battle of insults begins.  Then it is time to leave.
:iconmerryjayne13:
merryjayne13 Featured By Owner Edited Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
its the internet- its like a never ending war here

you must be new to the internet
:iconrunicsummoner:
RunicSummoner Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
Highly sensitive people haven't seen a thing if they think 'online bullying' is that hurtful.

This is brute honesty, you need to suck it up and ignore the nonconstructive hates and take those attempting to be constructive into account as logically as possible. And remember, nothing you 'experience' online can come anywhere near the real problems that other people face, possibly on a daily basis.

Simply put, it doesn't matter at all.
:iconclownsgirl:
ClownsGirl Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
It does fucking matter when others purposely try to ruin your rep or share your private information.
:iconalphakingacid:
AlphaKingAcid Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
That's not at ALL what is happening here.
:iconclownsgirl:
ClownsGirl Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
I don't care.
Talk about astroturfing 😏
:iconrunicsummoner:
RunicSummoner Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
That is a different issue altogether. For starters, it's illegal and should be immediately reported. Any site that isn't a shitpool should be on top of moderating doxing, aka sharing private information.
:iconskyfire2008:
SkyFire2008 Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
Tyler The Creator On Cyberbullying by SkyFire2008  
:iconcrazyllama95:
CrazyLlama95 Featured By Owner Edited Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Saved for future use and research.
^
:iconbabakinkin:
BabaKinkin Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Professional Digital Artist
this wont make people change
either learn to laugh at it or turn off the computer
:iconm-a-f:
M-A-F Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi, just avoid the trolls. Yes you may be sensitive but honestly it's not the end of the world, there are many people as sensitive as you, it's only a matter of learning to control your page and not tolerate the treatment you do not like. Telling people to stop isn't really one of them, it's a bit like bait to these people.

Block the user, hide their comments and even leave a disclaimer/rules for the types of comment you will not tolerate etc.

If they tell you to die, ignore them they just want attention and you should not bother giving it to them.
However if they threaten to kill you or make you feel harassed, you could actually call the police and report the person. I'm not sure how many people do it but some actually have and it can be embarrassing for the troll/person harassing. :| Can't believe people do not realise this.

Yes it's the internet but people do not seem to realise that they can actually get in to trouble for what they do on the internet. And yes you can be sensitive online without being bullied! Lol.

Don't be fooled in to thinking you cannot show or be sensitive online, after all that's why there are so many beautiful artworks and poetry here. Just remember to take control and responsibility for your profile and page and the people you interact on here. And lastly do not take things to heart, focus on the things that you love most and less on the things that do not benefit you.

Good luck~
The "bullying" in question here was an argument she had with a friend. There never was any real bullying going on.
:iconm-a-f:
M-A-F Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Come on Jesus Christ II, I personally wouldn't have time for friendships that are destructive rather than constructive either. Would you?

The bitchiness, arguments, rudeness etc. it's a waste of life, time and energy.

In the end it's really down to OP to sort this mess and decide who gets to be her friend, what sort of comments she will allow on her page whether or not she will block, hide/delete whatever and take control of her own presence online.
:iconcanttel:
canttel Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lol.
:iconsatans-comrade:
Satans-Comrade Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
Welcome to planet Earth.
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018   Writer
telling someone you love them is not bullying :O it is sad and pathetic if the other person doesn't feel the same way, but in no way is it bullying

women who post pics of their body here want the attention

[now if you go telling these women they are cows and ugly and poking mean nasty jokes at how they look, then yeah that is bad and needs to stop.
however
if you just confess your love to them... then that can be awkward for everyone involved, but its not bulling or harassment -- unless you follow it up by detailing how you shot your hot load all over their photo and know where they live :O_o: )
:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
"unless you follow it up by detailing how you shot your hot load all over their photo"

:bleh:
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Careful, OP will tell you that you're "being too harsh" like in the last threads they made (seriously, I looked at the older stuff and she's overreacting).
oh noes someone will tell me im being too harsh for leaving them an in depth response that doesn't contain any dirty words or insults on a public forum :nuu: they'll report me and ban me from dA for that
:iconllthlumm:
LlTHlUMM Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
Don't hide behind an alt to speak up against bullying :)
:icontropicolds:
tropicolds Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Interface Designer
Bullying on deviantart? Unless you engage in discussions with trolls, I don't see how you would be harrassed on here. It's quite a peaceful site.
Harbinchyna Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
For you that is .......
:iconfieldie:
Fieldie Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Student General Artist
It’s not just men.

Women are nasty pieces of shit too, that cause drama for no reason at all, and hold grudges like no tomorrow.

The internet is the internet, and it’s never going to change. You can’t interpret what someone says or how they’ll act through text. You can’t see how the other person feels on the other side. It doesn’t work like that. People act “ bigger “ on the internet because there are no real consequences. 

If you dont like the internet, then real life is probably your best option. 
:iconpanapoints:
Panapoints Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018
^
:thumbsup:
:iconbryzer74:
Bryzer74 Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
If you're having a hard time here, best for you to just leave instead of making it much worse for yourself. Or better, close the thread. Your decision.
:iconmahoushoujoicestar:
MahouShoujoIceStar Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
fucka u
you taka my space
i breaka you face
Bitch
:iconmemesarefunny:
MemesAreFunny Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018   Artist
Well there is such a thing as a block button ...
:icondiamondtank:
DiamondTank Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Student Filmographer
Unimpressed Welcome to hell, sweetheart.
:icondaboss125:
daboss125 Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Student Traditional Artist
That is the internet. They are trolls trying to get attention. Just ignore those assholes they probably have no friends anyway.
Yah
:iconcanineprince:
CaninePrince Featured By Owner Edited Mar 8, 2018   Digital Artist
I'm sorry to hear this and hope things get better.
Sadly, this is Internet, where people can be a jerk to anyone when they want, most of times thanks to anonymity and lack of direct contact leading to detachment. While bullying isn't OK, in Internet one also has to toughen oneself up and not be affected by the words of nasty strangers you don't even meet directly. It's difficult, but doable, and I'm also trying.

I'm also pretty sensitive to words, but even though it honestly hurts I still try to mature up and pretend it didn't happen. Can you do the same?

... that said, engaging in drama is a bad thing either, you can't have anything you want. Asking people to whiteknight you is just low.
Harbinchyna Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
It’s not low because there should be less of it and my friends are helping me as I’m having a tough time
CaninePrince Featured By Owner Edited Mar 8, 2018   Digital Artist
No, they're not helping. That's not the right way to have your friends helping you, as it only lead to further larger conflict. A good friend would actually correct me and help me see what's wrong with myself to improve myself (no matter how sharp they may be, and yes I have this kind of friend and I'm thankful) instead of escalating the conflict. And of course I also have friends who console me, but not be personal army. You should also look and reflect upon yourself to see how this could happen, and don't make excuses.

These "bullies" are only able to hurt you as far as you mentally allow them to. Learn to ignore and pretend they don't happen and make no fuss over things that leads to conflicts. And ultimately, as such is the vast world where everyone is not nice, learn patience, to be pacifist and to avoid conflicts.
:hug: this!
CaninePrince Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018   Digital Artist
This, not. As always, it falls to deaf ears. Oh well, to be fair it's their choice to listen or not.
Ugh I don’t wanna hear it, you are being too harsh.

I do what I can to stand up for myself and my friends are here for me as well.
CaninePrince Featured By Owner Edited Mar 9, 2018   Digital Artist
I don't know how I am even harsh, aside of probably wall of text. But if you say so... I'll just say only you can change yourself. If you want to stay like this, then so be it, as I have no say to what you choose.

Just remember, standing up to oneself is not always in the same side with accepting one's weakness and trying to improve oneself. I have no right to tell you to improve, it has to be your own choice....
I’m damn proud of myself thank you very much
CaninePrince Featured By Owner Edited Mar 9, 2018   Digital Artist
Oh, also remember that one kind of Pride is a sin. As they say, "Pride cometh before fall".
Never heard of that
wot? :O how in the world is he being 'harsh'? I didn't see him use any harsh language...
You don’t understand what it is like for highly sensitive people they see it that way
oh. sorry ^^;
It’s okay :)
Add a Comment: