Can't tag accounts when blocked

I personally think that when you block someone, they shouldn't be able to tag you in anything. DeviantART can at least do that.
Comments74
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well I must say that the lack of Empathy on this site is astonishing. People call me names and think it's all about me when they don't even know me nor my story in any way. All I said was that tagging someone shouldn't be allowed if they blocked you. And so I get called a coward, whiny twat, a whiny brat, it's about me etc. When you don't know someones story, don't even think about judging them. If you don't like their opinion and don't have anything nice to say, how about try not saying anything at all. It's fairly simple. I and Lilly does not need this. It's rather terrible. Have a good day.
It would be nice if people could ignore things too :B
Don't bother, they're a ESRB Rating - Coward by ThatWasLeftHanded  
When you block someone, they can still tag you in a post saying things to you. I think that when you block someone you simply don't want anything to do with them like usually. Every other site has that so I think it'd be nice if they could have that too :)
You don't get notified of it.
and even if they couldn't, they could still talk about you.
Like on every other website. 
The problem is that you become invisible on other websites but I don't think DA is structured to handle that kind of update. Especially considering the person could just log out and view your profile anyway.
DA is just made to be more public than other social media. 
once again serving the purpose as to block feature on this site useless. perhaps this site should fix some of the block features and make it better.  you could suggest it and see where it goes.  I don't even bother with block myself, see it as pointless. 

maybe you have to block the person and not the entire group, how would that ability work?  I think blocking groups only blocks the group it doesn't block those folks within said group.  I wouldn't stress about it too much unless they are harassing you, consider it free advertisement.
It'd be really nice if they could do some changes! I did make a suggestion but I'm not sure if it'll go anywhere. And yeah but I also noticed that by blocking the person the person can still tag you :/ To me it just makes more sense for them to not have any contact with you at all, you know? If someone blocks you they obviously don't want anything to do with you. And haha.. free advertisement is a positive way to look at it at least.
You must have done something for someone to do that. 
Comment riding. Hey, what's up Eve?

Azures-Legacy blocked me because I said it like it is.
Could also be the reason why people are tagging OP in the first place. They make a response and cut you off before you could say anything. The irony. :no:

My response:
I struck a nerve in you, didn't I? :giggle:

Making a memorial account is a nice thing to do but has no significance to the topic of which you are complaining about.
I pointed out the irrelevancy of you dragging people who have a mental condition into your personal issue with DA, making it sound like it's about everybody but it's only you, simply because you can not turn mentions off to solve the very problem you're facing, and expect DA to do something about it instead, doesn't make me a terrible person. Your perception however is terrible.
From what little interaction I had with you, I've got to say that you are the epitome of what it means to be a special snowflake.
If you can't take the heat in the forums then go somewhere else where you can be coddled.
You're bitching about something that can easily be handled but you choose to overcomplicate the problem in excuse to be a whiny twat.
Can't get everything you want in life, kiddo.
I'm grown, sounds like you're the one who needs some growing up to do around here. :lol:
They blocked me because of this: comments.deviantart.com/18/231…

What a coward.
Hay, it's been a while! I am doing well, thank you for asking. What about yourself? 

I see you've got yourself a whiner. Stare 
It's not a big deal if ya don't give a fuck.
Yes but some people do, and that might be a serious problem for some. Not all people can just not care. Everyone is different.
Well to be honest, your problem is very miniscule.
It's not something to waste your emotions on.
I understand but I'm not only fighting for myself but for others since some people do get their emotions mixed up over this and I just think that it would be a good idea for people whom you block not being able to tag you. That's all really.
It's likely not going to happen so I suggest for you and others who get emotionally perturbed by such an insignificant problem to get over it and move on. If it's out of your control, there isn't much you can do.
You have very few options. One of them being previously mentioned by Agent-Sarah, is to turn off your mentions.
Again, it's hard for some people. Some people have schizophrenia, depression, PTSD, anxiety. Not everyone is the same. It's not easy for everyone to just move on and let go like that. So yeah. Again I'm not speaking for me I'm speaking for everyone.
I'd imagine seeing more people with mental disabilities complaining about the same thing but I don't. I also don't see why having a mental illness ties in with your personal confliction regarding DA not providing a feature to somehow negate blocked users from tagging you.
It's not about everyone, which you like to think it is, it's about you.
I think you're just bringing in other people to make yourself seem less of a whiny brat in concerns to not having the utility to fend off things you don't like nor want, subjectively.
Stating this once more, DA is likely not going to make a feature in convenience to your issue. What would you do if that was truthfully so? Whine more?
I seriously hope you don't approach real life situations like you do over something as petty as the reason why you created this thread. No offense. :lol:
View all replies
Context is everything, I need to see what you're talking about. Is it art features? Some block list journal? What were you mentioned in?
I'm just talking about in general for everything. I just don't think that when you block someone they should be able to link your username in anything.