Expecting feedback on something you've worked hard on only to get little to none

Those moments when you submit something you've worked hard on expecting some rewarding sufficient feedback...
...only to get little to none. I hate those moments. No other disappointment to compare than this folks.

To add insult to injury, there are some who effortlessly scribble some crap on MS Paint under 2 minutes and hog up all that feedback you rightfully deserve.

EDIT: Well, I wasn't really expecting you people to put me down and try to take the best of me like this. Of course it hurt, I just didn't go apeshit about it here via typing in all caps or whatever. I'll be honest, I was hoping to seek people who'd relate to me regarding this common unfairness I'm pointing out. I never had any intentions whatsoever to pride my alleged "ego" with this post. Heck, I wasn't even referring to my gallery alone to begin with. I was talking about the entire community as a whole. I already acknowledged to begin with that I'm not the best in the site. I guess I forgot to mention that earlier, my apologies. If you want, I'll delete this post, stay away from this forum category forever and acknowledge that it never existed. No hard feelings.
Comments65
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well, I think that you came here expecting something and you got another thing. My advice is for you don't expect feedback. Just draw! Do the things that you like, work hard to improve, make new friends here in DA (there are a LOT of nice people here who will support you and try to help, not put you down). With time, people that like you and your work will give you some NICE feedback. I think it's this. And ignore those people who are willing to let you upset. They just forget that  there are another person behind the computer. Work hard and the things will come! And of course, never give up! 
Expecting useful feedback on dA? You must be new here.
"3: Describe yourself in three words.
- Unrecognized talent+creativity
" - OP, DeviantArtist Questionnaire

:lol: Kid, you draw like shit. What do you expect people to say to you that's constructive? Absolutely everything you're doing is wrong. There's nothing salvageable in your pictures, nothing to build up from. My advice would be to just keep starting over until you get at least one god damn thing right.

The only thing I can praise you for is your effort, you've clearly put time and thought into these pictures, so just keep it up :shrug:
Yes! Stay away from here. These psychos are mean for fun. Just remember, their real life is probably shit. They need to hurt someone else because they are. There's a difference between blunt honesty and rude comments. Bluntly, it's hard to get noticed on DA unless you are 15 and bored.
Looks like I learned that the hard way. This will be my first and last post in this category. Remind me to stay away from here lest I have more people put me down like this.
Hey, OP invited herself into our spaces, so she has to adapt to us. That's how life works :dummy: 
So not true. No one should have to adapt to hate.
Babe, the world don't revolve around your feelings. I was a butthurt little whiner once too, but look at me, I've adapted to my surroundings. Complaints is just another biome--survival of the fittest. You and OP are obviously not fit to be here. 
You are never entitled to, nor should you expect, any sort of a response when you post on any Internet art website. :no:

Also, the responses you do get are often not the ones you are seeking.

Always keep these ideas in mind and you will likely not be disappointed.
Remove NEVER. People are entitled to plenty of things in life. Like uh....respect. Yeah, that's a good one
No one is entitled to respect.
And now you've realized that the real world doesn't give a shit about your ego, and that sense of entitlement that you've built up for yourself has been a complete waste of time.

Congratulations; you've moved on passed the empty praise phase of your life where your work gets gold stars and is stuck up on the refrigerator.  You're a man now, Toby! 
Trolls are ego maniacs. Yours will be shattered some day cranky ass.
Y'know, I'd always been clueless when you talked about the gold-star mentality, never really got why it was bad before now. But with this shining example, I think I finally get this. Guess there is something bad about participation trophies other than the high lead content. 
Yeah, I think the whole mess started way back in the 70s, because even Penn Jillette mentioned he was part of it when he was growing up.  His school had a pet talent show and young Penn noticed his rabbit liked to gnaw and lift things, so he made a tiny barbell weight set out of pencils and erasers and such, and had this flashy strongman costume made for his bunny, and that was the trick.

All the other kids just brought their pets...and that was it.  No tricks, no talents (in a TALENT competition!), the pets just sat there being whatever animal they were.  Everybody got "first place".  Penn Jillette, the rightful winner, the only one who put in fucking effort was outright cheated in a fake competition rigged so that everyone would win and nobody's feelings would be hurt, because "you're special", and long story short (too late), it resulted in a mass outbreak of narcissistic children who expect the world to kiss their asses and like it as soon as they're out of high school. 

And now we have the absurdly horrifying PC-Police of the new tumbler era who make this even worse with how they expect the rest of the world to walk on eggshells for THEIR convenience so they themselves don't get "triggered". 

In fact, why am I explaining this?  I'm from the 80s; I experienced the convenient mid-point of this mess!  Let CARLIN explain it!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twulj…

:icongeorgecarlinplz::iconsaysplz: YOU LOST, Bobby!  You're a LOSER! 
So a world that tries too hard to be fair is actually unfair. Who knew? I mean I was always annoyed by that shit as a kid but I never really understood why--this coming from a kid from generation Z. 

And triggers are iffy imo. PC-culture has definitely gone too far, but there's no way of knowing who's legit and who isn't. Someone might've been assaulted to the tune of American Pie, does that mean we should never play it again? Moral greyness everywhere. 
It's why I hate self-righteous pricks.  Though thankfully I've reached a point where I can just sit back and let them destroy each other, especially with the new self-harming tumbler mentality where these piss-cunts are too busy going at each others' throats over their inconsistent ideals of what is "right", or "moral", or "acceptable' or "quotation marks are fun!".

Hell, most of their work ends up HELPING the people they intend to harm or censor!  Look at the parental warning system for CDs back in the 90s I believe it was.  The whole thing was intended to attack and censor (including "discouragement of sales") music with "explicit lyrics" (I need to order more quotation marks; I think I'm running low), but SURPRISE, bitches!  All you did was put a label on a CD that publicly announced to the world which CDs contain the stuff people WANT!  And if an album didn't have the parental warning, it meant it was the shitty censored baby version. 

It's like trying to ban a book; all you do is give it free advertising and promote sales or library circulation when people want to see for themselves what the fuss is all about.  People actually looking into something for themselves instead of just mindlessly censoring something; IMAGINE THAT!  Now what does that say about the censor-happy twats who want to ban something to "protect the children"?

:iconsean-conneryplz::iconsaysplz:It tellsh me that gooshtepping morons like yourshelf should try READING booksh inshtead of BURNING them!
Tumblr is so weird..for a place that's often denounced as having a hivemind, it's actually got a lot of contrasting (yet equally stupid) viewpoints. There's no goddamn moderate views over there, it's gotsta be extreme! 

Prohibition only makes whatever you're trying to prohibit even stronger due to the forbidden fruit aspect :nod: the counter culture is so much stronger than the culture that advocated for censorship in the first place that the banning has the opposite affect. 

(However I still see both sides--no one should have to accommodate anyone but a little kindness goes a long way. Incest is one of my 'triggers', but I don't expect anyone to keep it away because they have the right to post whatever they want. It's incredibly nice when they tag it, though, because that keeps me from having to see their bullshit.) 
You're so on-point with this. Rofl by dylmyrs

I read your posts in a voice not too different from that guy btw.
The reason I fell in love with Carlin's work so long ago was because I finally, FINALLY found someone who not only made the same observations and conclusions that I had, but explained them in such a beautifully eloquent manner with NO fear of censorship from the PC police!  Though he has actually been arrested by the real police, along with Lenny Bruce, back when "Obscenities" were illegal way back when the US blatantly trampled the 1st amendment.  Carlin knows his shit because he was there!

It's why I'm so damn good at calling people out on their bullshit, and why I'm at least honest when I viciously do it.  If the overly-sensitive piss-babies don't like it, then boo-friggidy hoo.  I'm not sugar-coating ANYTHING for them just so they can sleep better at night.  Truth hurts, kiddies.  Deal with it. 

:icongeorgecarlinplz::iconsaysplz:I enjoy describing how things are.  I have no intention on how they "ought to be", and I sincerely believe that if you think there is a solution, then you are part of the problem. 
chill out, it happens a lot, do more.
Finally, someone who isn't here to put me down. I point out a common problem artists should be relating to and people are coming here berating me over nothing.

Yes, a lot of others suggested the same: submit some more and continue developing my presence.