% work done - chargedback dispute(scammed)

99-100% work done - chargedback dispute(scammed)

Oh My, 

Got scammed. Got chargedback/dispute on paypal. 
People, please stay away or be careful of SkyGuard Legends MMO(indie).
Current work was web design and i am not definitely a beginner as i have experience with programming and designing web.

Client have many issues:
-will ask for something very very specific or exact copy to another artist.
-is very vague with samples and instructions, gives varieties and confusing, gives bad direction
-gives you quite art freedom at start and nail it down to very very specific in the middle of the process
- very contradicting in many ways, one of it is take your time and will complain how slow you are
-you get "fuck you money grabber" for trying to charge more for frequent changes(particularly specifics end up redoing from scratch) while also complaining money is not issue
-etc.

My thoughts on this is this is the most worst experience I had. I give my best to follow every instruction, i frequently sent screenshot, ask for feedback, and did as what he said to the utmost
of my ability. In short, i technically become the hand while him the brain. 

I send screenshot/sample -> he gives feedback -> i followed his feedback -> he approves and acts surprised and impressed and he will say say its almost done -> then he shows screenshot from multiple samples, very vague as it differs scheme and style -> ends up redoing and then process repeats.

I actually end up around the process of 50% of the work offering to end the job as i cant handle him and will refund 25% so i was suppose to end up with 25% (as i pretty much did a lot of work and tons of revision and worked for weeks) but said he really liked the work and pleaded i dont stop and will add more to the cost. But in the end when it is almost as good as done, technically its already done.

- As i inquire about if we can finish up since he said we can finish up as the site is good as complete, i on 12/6/15
- "hi yes it's almost done but i'm waiting on my partner to send me the remaining funds to pay you" - 12/7/15
- On wednesday 12/11/15, i sent "hello its been few days and yet still no update?" 
and i got no response.
- 14 hours ago on email, i got email dispute and got "
Web design not completed or received. Does not meet standard."

work is good as 99% done, and 1% for sending the psd itself. The web design will probably be used as reference. I feel so disheartened that his happen.
Though i lost a lot of time and effort, if possible try to stay away of risk from "skyguard legends mmo" as no fellow artist or part of community would i ever feel good falling victim to the same thing like this.(Last year, i was wondering, if when will i encounter such situation, i guess it was just a matter of time that it befall upon me). I Hope my experience aids you in some way!
Stay safe and dont try to take the risk from this client(But in the end it is up to you)! There are tons of better clients out there, share if you want to let the community know.

p.s.
If anyone has any in-depth experience with dealing on chargeback on paypal. please let me know via posting here (so others can see too), note, or at my email marfreylandicho@gmail.com

My Journal Link Source:

99-100% work done - chargedback dispute(scammed)99-100% work done - chargedback dispute(scammed)
Oh My, 
Got scammed. Got chargedback/dispute on paypal. 
People, please stay away or be careful of  SkyGuard Legends MMO(indie).
Current work was web design and i am not definitely a beginner as i have experience with programming and designing web.
Client have many issues:
-will ask for something very very specific or exact copy to another artist.
-is very vague with samples and instructions, gives varieties and confusing, gives bad direction
-gives you quite art freedom at start and nail it down to very very specific in the middle of the process
- very contradicting in many ways, one of it is take your time and will complain how slow you are
-you get "fuck you money grabber" for trying to charge more for frequent changes(particularly  specifics end up redoing from scratch) while also complaining money is not issue
-etc.
My thoughts on this is this is the most worst experience I had.

Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I looked that up and found a thread indicating that it is a minecraft mod. They were recruiting what seemed to be a bunch of middle-teens there. Not really surprised it would be shit to deal with.
This has happened to me before with a different thing... I was contacted by someone who wanted me to make them site model renders, with 4 different
girls in cosplay outfits, fitting certain themes... They basically wanted to make a game based around 4 girls where they were potential dates, wanted me to make 
various renders of them in different situations and expressions to fit the theme... I gave them a price, they were okay with it... They paid me about half the money, 
and just like your cause they were very unclear on a lot of things... Plus they were very slow to reply, I should have taken a hint by then, but I just thought 
maybe they were busy with other things, I had to redo some of the renders because apparently they were looking not how they wanted, I told them there is an 
additional change per re-render, they agreed to that, but after about 70/ 200 renders... Took me about a month or 2 to do that much... I got a message from 
them, saying they liked the work, so far, all was good, but when I replied back about updates and what not, I was told, "I will be getting the rest of the money 
to pay you from my partner"
I told them okay, about a week later, I was curious because I didn't hear anything from them. Nore did I receive the rest of the
money.... He stopped logging into his DA, due to me messaging him, I know Paypal wouldn't do anything about it, but it was a learning experience ._ . 

I really hope you get your money back =.=' I hate people who do that kind of stuff... Wish you the best of luck mate. 
From quick research ' paypal chargeback scam' I got why they note you that weird note paypal favor the buyers
But someone was saying that see the address the buyer if it under seller protections there little hope you can send them the problem but all recommend direct call to the service of paypal
I am not PayPal user it don't receive money in my country try read more about other experience chargeback to see what will help you for your situation
Next time, you either do it for free, or you ask for payment FIRST. Or at least half of it upfront.
Haha free. Nice one m8.
Good point though.

allartnopay.tumblr.com/
It's one of the reasons why I do requests and have no paypal (other than being an idiot thirteen year old). That way, people can donate a point or two if they actually want to. I can easily decline a request, since it is completely free. Also gives me some practice.
*/ sorry long rant post - not meant to attack you /*

Yay requests owo I do them too, but that's really not the point.
Those are nice but... It's not a bad thing to give free work per se.

It's just ****** evil that people will go to such lengths to ******* scam artists for their hard work and time.
It's nothing like a nice request, where you spend whatever time you like, and you can do it (if you want to). ;w;
It's unkept promises, lies and deceit. 

Professional artists who spends years training, learning their stuff 100%. They will spend hours, days, WEEKS on a project working hard, working their best... just to be ripped off. That is really unacceptable.

It's like someone promising you stuff IRL and then, what, they bail, and you're left with nothing but sick feelings and wasted time and lost money. For artists, time is money.

Professional artists are people too. It's like going to the doctors and asking for free cosmetic surgery just so you'll look nicer. WTF no. It costs a lot, just 'cause they don't want to pay for it doesn't mean that all costs will be on the artist. It's not like a hobby when an artist is commissioned. They have to eat too.

Which is why places where people are willing to ASK nicely for art (instead of scamming and playing the long con) are better. It won't stop people from scamming though.

I don't understand why they won't go to gamedev forums, Kickstarter, Reddit, Github or whatever to ask/request like a normal person instead of using lies and scams. How far do they think they can go?

People should't pretend to pay when they can't. That's the problem.
And the worst thing is they'll keep lying.
Aye. I agree with most points.
Let's find the guy and beat him up.
OMG sorry to hear that happened to you :(
I don't know what to say
I only read and had little similar experience about someone keep changing the original idea and keep asking redoing the work it's very frustrating I kind off understand how you feel
but I am not pro or working I only read obut that kind off scam so I don't really have any idea how to get your money back but for freelance did you get the job on site like freelance or some other site you can note the site and the progress they will give you back your money I think for the site rules but I really don't know much each site have it own rules
Hope you get your money back