VICTIM BLAMING

Why is it that people always want to blame the victim if something bad happens to them and then devalue their experience and pain? This usually happens to POC groups, WOC and women.
Comments150
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Because some people are retarded.
Hmm... probably because it's easier to say "well, you should/n't have done this or that" and blame one person than it is to blame society and a way of thinking instead? IDK. :ashamed:
Oh no! Don't get mixed up in this! Lol this thread is ugly! But I do understand what you are saying. It's like when someone does something wrong and they get upset and blame you. For example, if your mother forgot something and blames you for not reminding her. A LARGELY simplified statement to the issues. But it's kind of in a nutshell/
It really is. O_O
Exactly! :D
Go back to Tumblr with the other children.
I think you must have confused :icondaplz: with :icontumblrplz:
Go back to tumblr, stupid justice warrior fuck.:lol:
WOC? POC?
Walter Ordered Crack and Patty Ordered Cocaine. Yes?
No, no, no!

It's "Wieners Only Club" and "Pregnant Old Crones".
You might want to take a lesson on sarcasm before you come here next time.
Yeah, I was gone from DA for too long and forgot about the kind of people who are on this site.
So you don’t take responsibility for anything. That explains your position on the matter.
Haha, that did not help either. Maybe when I'm up for this type of abuse again, I will make a more elaborate discussion.
Sorry that everyone is DERAILING you and not agreeing with you in general about the whole "rape usually happens to ~*WOC*~, ~*POC*~ and women" thing. :petting:
Yep. It's full of people who don't like being reduced to a single trait.
When people start taking responsibility for their actions, I think there would be a lot less victims.
Yeah, like for instance, instead of teaching girls to not dress a certain way or try not to get rape (even some boys get rape, that is a fact), how about teach people not to rape. It actually works. My older brother went out drinking with his friends, and one of his friends was all over this drunk girl who couldn't even stand straight. So she couldn't even give her consent to sex, so my brother stepped in and told him to back off. I'm not saying this because he's my brother, but we need more people like that in the world.
Everyone, repeat this sacred oath after me:

I, for one, will never cease to respect you as a helpless victim, deprived of a voice and carelessly tossed about as the plaything of the heedless and powerful. Nothing that ever happens to me will ever be as bad as whatever has happened to you, and I can tell, because your gender/sex/sexual preference/skin color/ethnicity/nationality/sexual fetish/delusions make it clear.

I will never doubt anything said by a member of your particular demographic group. Every word you say and action you take, must be both true and right. If the barest shred of doubt should stir in my heart, I will remind myself of my privilege, an unalterable, omnipresent fact that makes your viewpoint worth an infinite amount more than mine. This I pledge, so help me God/deity of choice/universe/nothingness/nothingness+.
And to wear unwashed lederhosen every single day of the rest of my life!

That's it! You're in our secret club!
I love how the OP took you seriously.
I am but a leaf in the wind.