Bitching about bras

I'm not a big shopper, I don't like to go out shopping, but shopping for bras will always make me cringe and whine and seriously consider to stop wearing bras altogether. I don't live near any good bra stores, I also don't have the money to spend ungodly amounts of money on bras that won't last more than a year at a time without the under-wire snapping (Victoria Secret I'm looking at you) and everywhere else...Well I'll make a list.

1) Under-wire: I like it, anything that doesn't have it I find uncomfortable and not as supportive as I like. But, I have to find one that has a wire that isn't going to sit uncomfortably on my ribcage either, takes a bit of hunting and searching to find a really comfortable one that I like.

2) Bras are fugly. Seriously, I went looking for a plain colored bra and that only thing I could find in my size were lacy shit that I can't run in, or 80s neon bright. Which I hate and think is super fucking fugly. I also wear white t-shirts and they show through quite well.

3) Padding. I wear a size D cup, I do not need ANY help in the boob department, if anything I would like to go down a size. Why is it all the bras that meet the first two criteria, have an inch or more padding for 'push up' appearance? I was shopping the other day and found a bra, that was for my size, and it promised to add two extra cup sizes to my appearance. Uh no. I don't need that goodbye thanks.

4) Sport bras. They should not be lacy, they shouldn't be 'super plunge', they shouldn't be push-ups, and for goodness sake they shouldn't have all three in one fucking bra! If someone is wearing a sports bra, its generally because they're going to work out, not going on a date. Do you know what happens to boobs if not properly restrained while you're running, jumping and generally being active (especially if you have size friggin D cups)? They fall out. And it hurts and is super awkward because everyone can tell when a boob has abandoned ship. I know, because this has happened to me. It is not fun or sexy.

I fucking hate bras.
Comments408
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I want bras to feel comfy :D I have C-cup but my breasts doesn't actually look so big but I really hate push-ups :D I honestly love plain colored bras with lace. They look somehow woman-like and sexy :D But yeah I'm really picky about bras XD
OMG SRSLY.  In addition to padding and ugly fabrics, I have to contend with being a size that's less common.  UGH.
Yeah, it's like they think everyone fits into this one range of sizes, and others just don't exist.
Admittedly, it's partly average sizes and what sells, but then you always hear that many women are wearing the wrong size. But still, bras! :stab:
Besides the whole bra saga, depending on your body type if you lost enough weight you could go down to a more comfortable c cup.

Typically boobs grow and shrink in size depending on body fat percentage.

My girlfriend went from a 10c to a 12d in a year due to putting on weight.

She's trying to get back to what she was now.
I'm really hoping I can go back to a C cup if I can lose the weight.
I hate sports bras. Then again, I don't do running and jumping sort of workouts that require one. But seriously, I gave up trying to find one.
But I actually have no trouble finding bras in my size that I like. I may not find that many, because after C cup it seems like there's a scarce supply of decent bras, but it's not an impossible task if I've determined I'm going to get myself a new bra.
But I agree that padding on anything but a C is ridiculous. :stare:
But, to what you mentioned about your bra showing through a white shirt, try wearing a camisole or tank top underneath.
I found one that doesn't hurt the girls so much, but I think it shrank a bit so now I can't hardly pull it over my head. I have to go find a new one now.

I normally wear a tank top under my shirts but for my ceramics class I just really don't care since I get covered in clay.
But your boobs have to look their best when you're working out!
Your avatar made your post that much funnier.
But then they try to run away!

(Is that the 9th Doctor in your avatar?)
i could hold them for you...for a price xD
I'm an A-cup and regardless of what the norm is my size is always gone unless it's a push-up which is funny because at my size there's not much there XD
I always thought that was weird that bra makers assume women with small boobs want 3 inches of padding, it also looks really uncomfortable.

My roommate is Japanese, and in Japan, she's a C cup, here she's an A, and she hates the bras here. I was complaining about the padding and she was right in there bitching with me because before she got here, she had never seen a bra with as much padding as we have.
padded bras feel like you're breasts are being squeezed constantly, it's worse if they aren't only padded, but contain under-wire which for an A cup is little more than an unnecessary chaffing mechanism XD

I have two that are okay but if I wear them too much my chest gets sore :(
I can't stand padding, it always makes me fall out of my bras.

Aw, I'm sorry. I have bras like that too.
that can't be comfortable...

I'm pretty sure a lot of women have at least one pair of those XD
It is, drives me up the wall.
>.< tell me about it
Ahh, this post just reminded me of a grand o' experience of mine:

"I went to Dilliards last year and was fitted by who I thought was an expert; hey, all the other women were being fitted for bras and came out smirking when they got one that fit them perfectly. She looked me over once, scoffed when I told her I was having trouble buying a bra and ordered me into the fitting room STAT. Assuring my mother and sister that I would have a bra by the end of the day, she whisked me into the dressing room and had me out of my shirt so fast my head was spinning. "Arms up!" The fitter ordered in an authorative tone; though hesitant and wary I obeyed without question. Around my bust went the measuring tape, I cringed at the cold and the awkwardness of having an older woman staring at my barely clothed breasts but bit my tongue and soldiered through it.

After all was said and done, she looked at me triumphantly, "You are a 32C... a 30D if you wanna wear a push-up." And then she sent me off to search for the bras myself. Somewhat embarrassed, as I had made quite a fuss that I was too big for my 36D bra, I staggered to the bargain bin and began my search. Within a few moments I had a 32C and a 30D in hand and was walking back into the dressing room. The anticipation, at this point, was suffocating. If it fit, though I would be a little disappointed that I had gone down two back sizes and a cup size, I would finally be rid of my old bra. Steeling my nerves I slipped the C on first... and was immediately disappointed. The back was too tight and the cup ... ungh, I can't even describe how small it was! Without even doing the back up, I took it off and cast it off into the corner. Grabbing the 30D, I thought, "Well this can't be any worse can it?" It was... actually, it was worse.

The look of disappointment on my mother's face when I told her that neither of them fit floored me. Determined not to let this trip be a waste, my sister and I scrambled to the bargain bin looking for more bras of the same size; somehow, we thought that maybe if we changed the cut, they would fit. WRONG. Eventually, my dad, fed up beyond belief, told us to try larger sizes. 32DD and 34DDD were the ones I was given and when I tried them on... BOOM! They didn't fit either. Too small. "WHAT THE HELL?" I thought. Fast-forward several months later, I purchase a 32DD and while it doesn't fit either it's the most comfortable bra I've had in a while. Thinking that my problems have been solved, just the other day I went into the store looking for another bra; lo and behold I find a 32DD without issue. It's the only one left but hey... that's luck, right? I buy it regardless of the price and take it home buzzing with excitement. When I try it on there, it fits just like the 30D from back in the day did."

Now, seriously, what the hell? If I didn't need a bra, I would've given up by now. :nuu:
How's your posture?