Gun supply running low

[link]
This is a big surprise. Well, not really, but I expected more from people.
Since the Newtown shooting, gun sales have gone waay up. So much so that many gun stores are actually running low on supplies. I thought about the possibility of this the other day. Damn you people for wanting guns before they disappear forever!
Comments108
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Whelp.
Looks like people will have to learn how to use their fists instead of their trigger finger.
ugh this again
Banning guns and accessories?
Fuck no. People have every right to one.
Getting your shit together and checking the people who are buying your guns?
Fuck Yes.

also, why do people jump on the blame wagon whenever shit hits the fan instead of looking at the person who actually did it?
If it's not Music, it's Videogames. If it's not Videogames, it's Movies. If it's not the movies, it's the gun itself.
But in the end, it's always just some sick fuck. Yet we try to blame something else because some folk can't fathom that there are people out there that are this fucked up in the head.
..He could have walked in with a "high powuuured .22 hunters rifle" and killed everyone just as easily.
Maybe he could have used some pipe bombs and killed everyone.
Yet people think that limiting the clip size or banning semi-autos or pistols will do jackshit.
I just don't understand how responsible owners pay severely for the crimes of one psycho.
You're a total moron. We should take away guns for EVERYONE'S sake. You wouldn't be defending guns if someone you know was a victim in the Newtown shooting. I can guarantee you that. And if you still did, well then you're just plain dumb/blind.
Don't call me names. I'm bringing up a serious discussion.
No, you're right I wouldn't defend guns like some NRA nut. I wouldn't go up in their face and debate that because it would be distasteful and people are still mourning. Do you take me for a fool.

There's no black or white in this.
We should take all guns away? Are you kidding me.
Would we take them away from the military and the cops as well? No, of course not, we need them. Either that or demonize every single legit gun owner out there. With your logic we should ban all guns. Because criminals and other nations follow our rules, right?
Sure if we lived in a wonderful world full of mentally sound, trust-worthy people we could ban or remove them. There would be no need.
So many people have no clue what they're talking about. Both the gun nuts AND the 'liberals'.
They think they're talking about banning fully-automatic Military grade guns when those have been banned for a long, long time. What they're trying to ban are weapons like an AR-15, which is semi only and shoots only as fast as you can pull the trigger. It only LOOKS like a Military Grade weapon. It's not.
Like I said, this tragedy would have sparked the same thing if he walked in with just a pistol. In the end we still have a right to it if we show ourselves to be responsible citizens.

I would be pushing for American mental health improvements and stricter weapon registry/checks, but what makes you think this "Banning push" will improve anything. Psychos and criminals get around that anyways. They will use other things if not. So I 100 percent support Obamas deeper background checking, but I don't support the singular ban itself.
Really. Think for a second before looking down your nose.
Tell me how taking away a hunting rifle and useless .22 100 round mags or even 20-30 round clips using freaking .223 cartridges will do anything to prevent true psychos in the future. Those people ALWAYS find a way, no matter what bans are placed. This is only serving to slowly limit individual rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens for "safety".
So here's a better question. Why don't people ask "Why" he did it, instead of demanding the "How".
The how is irrelevant. I want to know why he wasn't picked up as a problem case and why he was given easy access to firearms. He was known to be a problem since he was fucking 5 years old, yet his parents had some guns around the house with easy access. And MANY people knew this. Even his parents were nut jobs, leading again to tougher Gun background checks.

Yet here we are, darting around this crap because people like YOU are so insanely focused on taking away a tool instead of fixing the real problems with America.
This. Fucking this. Gun bans would not solve the issue. It's systemic. A psychotic will murder no matter the tool. Guns are just easy, but the desire to kill is the primary concern. Background checks. Hell, a psychological evaluation. And for fuck's sake, take a long look at the broken state of US mental health care and realize the problem has less to do with firearms and maybe more to do with the piss-poor state of mental health.
That's the thing though; guns are easy. They make it much much easier for someone to turn the desire to kill other people into a reality. 
I think we should be more focused on mental care than the weapons themselves though. Sure, guns are easy, so make them hard through background checks and qualification tests. I'm also of the opinion that overt media attention to these mass killings draw more of these psychotics into the idea and it becomes a twisted 'become somebody' thing.
Thank you for seeing my point of view.
I hate that I get labeled a "Gun freak" or Idiot for trying to support simple freedoms when I haven't fucking done anything.
I bet 90% of the anti gun freaks would like to have a gun in their hands if they get broken into their homes one day.

Just like the extremist antitheist that attack religious folks, then pray when they are in deep shit.

Freedom for all or freedom for nobody.
CAUSE THIS HURR IS AMURICUH AND OBAMA IS TRYING TO TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS Y'ALL :iconnoeswooplz:
When are gun sales NOT going up?
I think it's a positive thing that everybody has the right to have a gun, but how easy it is to get one in America is just ridiculous.
Damn I was going to pick one up too before they took them all away, and then I realized I'm legally restricted from owning a firearm.
Well technically I'm legally restricted from owning any kind of weapon, but that part was kind of vague. I'm not sure whether that extends to say kitchen knives and stuff. It seemed like it could, but it wasn't really clear. It was clear on the part about me owning grenades and rockets. I'm not sure why they felt the need to single those out specifically.
For a period I was contemplating getting an airsoft gun. Then I realized I'd have nowhere to use it.
I have three. And nowhere to use it.
me get gun go like bang bang i shoot you in the butt and you say ahh i have a bullet in my butt owie.
My stepdad is shopping for a shiny new AR-15 :bucktooth: I really wanna try it
They just need to legalize murder. That will solve this problem.
Wow, same answer.
Legalizing murder.