June 5, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 42

Corel painter sketch pad

:icondolanna:
Dolanna Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011  Professional Traditional Artist
I hate you Corel painter sketch pad.
I hate that you crash after i fell in love with you.
I hate that i cant find any info on how to fix you.
I hate myself for buying a wacom based on the fact that you came with it.
I hate that the thread that had a potential fix for this problem was on a DA forum that JUST GOT DELETED.

p.s. Since i hate this so much already, anyone want to chip in and hate it with me? Or fix it for me?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjezzy-fezzy:
Jezzy-Fezzy Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011   General Artist
I remember working on an awesome piece on Corel Sketchpad when it decided to crash on me. I forgot to save my work and I can't get it back! So yes, I feel your pain! :iconsadtardplz:
T_T stupid corel such good crappy technology.
Indeed. But I can't help but love it as well because it's so much easier for me to colour some of my pieces with that program. :c
I just wish i can work on a piece for more then 10 mins... T_T
I gonna try all these steps so hopefully one will work.
My word of advice, save every minute whilst working on your piece in that program. :nod:
Dolanna Featured By Owner Jun 6, 2011  Professional Traditional Artist
I cannot afford to wait 5 mins (at start up) for every 2mins I spend working in the program- I've figured out how to make some brushes in Photoshop that seem (a tiny bit) like the bushes i use in that one. hopefully that will do for now... -_-
Jezzy-Fezzy Featured By Owner Jun 7, 2011   General Artist
Have you considered trying Gimp? It's free to download though. :nod:
:iconmonkeydoodles:
monkeydoodles Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011
Are your tablet drivers installed? I'm using Corel Painter Essentials 4 with Windows 7. When I tried installing the tablet's drivers from the disc that came with it, CPE would crash on startup, and was basically unusable. Luckily, Windows 7 automatically finds drivers for anything you plug into it, so I'm using those instead of the ones that came with the tablet. Vista does the same, so it might be worth a try.
my tablet works fine- it normally tells me when the driver crashes... but they are working fine do i still have to reinstall them?
:iconmonkeydoodles:
monkeydoodles Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011
I honestly don't know. I shared my story because I thought it might be helpful. I like Corel's stuff, but their programs are weirdly buggy, and something else may be affecting yours.
humm well i'm just gonna keep trying. I got work to do and what the program does do is valuable.
:iconquixotic-spark:
quixotic-spark Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
[link] This forum?
Yes it was on that forum the thread is gone- try Googleing it.
:iconeternalegend:
EternaLegend Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011  Professional
I have Corel Painter XI, but not sketch pad I'm afraid.

Did you try opening it while holding down the shift key? That usually resets the whole program back to it's default setting if it crashes. It works with Corel Painter XI, so it should work with sketch pad.
I tried this. It didn't work. I tried to contact wacom, no answer (probably cause its 5am) but i will try again tomorrow.
Have you tried reinstalling it?
... No because i cant find my disk- i was um looking for it and its not in the box. I will try that ... when i find it :P
:icontetiel:
Tetiel Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011  Professional Digital Artist
I believe you can find a version online and install that one, but you'd probably need some sort of CD key so it would probably be a moot point.
i have to find the cd- that will have a reg key on it.
I considered doing that but people were saying that for some reason not all the one that was downloaded from the cd would delete itself and that when you went to download the new one it wont download correctly. So in a way it wont download the parts that are already there so it would cause conflicts. I dont know how much help downloading it will help after seeing that thread.
Before you download it again, you have to delete the program and it's files entirely from your computer's system. So that means going into your applications/programs folder (sorry I use a Mac instead) and just cleaning out every bit of data that relates to Corel painter sketch pad.
Otherwise the software itself is just going to crash and cause problems.

I did hear that sometimes the driver of your tablet can cause some Corel programs to go haywire. I have no idea why it happens and it's a well known bug to Corel. You could try reinstalling that too if all else fails.

And Corel has released some updates towards some of their softwares that should help patch up such bugs. It should open up automatically when you open the program, or try finding it manually on the Corel website.

Anyway, I wish you luck!
I looked on the web site i didn't see any patches for the pogrom i have... I thought the corel painting 11 was it but i downloaded it and it said it wasn't compatible
It is just very surprising that they would design such a buggy program. I hope you do hear back from Wacom, Corel, or both.
...O.O i've seen posts of more then a year ago that said the same exact thing as what you just said. Spooky.
Corel painter sketch pad- is the only version there is. It crashes thats its error. It has a error window pop up 2 times for less then a nano second and then it crashes. Also the window is blank - its just an empty frame that says error.

It came with intuos 4 wacom tablet. model: ptk-440
Can't help you fix it if you don't post any information whatsoever about what version you have, what error you have, or I don't know... anything else besides the fact that it "crashed"?
Corel painter sketch pad- is the only version there is. It crashes thats its error. It has a error window pop up 2 times for less then a nano second and then it crashes. Also the window is blank - its just an empty frame that says error.

It came with intuos 4 wacom tablet. model: ptk-440
Are you by any chance using a Mac with OS X?
Windows- vista
From what it looks like just about everyone has this error and it has never been addressed or fixed. It's too bad. Have you tried using Painter or Draw?
Thats what I saw when I searched. The only thread that seemed like it might have any info was the one on da.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jun 5, 2011  Hobbyist Photographer
I lost my ipod. It has heaps of my school work on it :iconsadtardplz:
T_T they should have GPS's in dem things.

OH wait the government might scan for us like they do with 100$ bills..... HUmm... maybe they already have gps's in them who knows lol
wtf are you on about :iconwthplz:
100$ bills have a strip of magnetic tape in it --when ever you go through a metal detector they know exactly how much money is on you. I dont think they do the with 1$'s.
O.o... Random facts of boardum.

Hey if I had corel I wouldn't be spouting facts -_-
We don't have 1 dollar bills. :slow:
Sorry forgot to check your country.
You shouldn't assume everyone on the net is from America.
If your trying to say that all Americans do this. No i dont- have a lot of business partners from other country's- mainly Indonesia.
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: