Closed to new replies
August 8
Link

Statistics

Replies: 20

Photography groups ?

:iconlanidoll:
LaniDoll Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I have been absent here for apron 10 years ... so i have little knowledge of what this site offers these days .. . 
I am interested in learning more about what everything means here. 
I'm a professional artist for over 10 years and would like to join different groups that cover the many "hats" i wear. 
Is there a photography group here ? If so how do i find the different groups here ? 
I am interested in finding other photographers , detailed drawers and artisan crafters .

Any help would be much appreciated. 
=)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaussieman187:
AussieMan187 Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2018  New Deviant Hobbyist Photographer
:iconhetroclite:
hetroclite Featured By Owner Aug 17, 2018
There are photography groups here. I've been accepted into two of them. But if you want to meet with other photography hobbyists, try www.meetup.com .
:icontanyasimpson:
TanyaSimpson Featured By Owner Aug 17, 2018
You're welcome to come and join us at CRPhotography :aww:
LaniDoll Featured By Owner Aug 17, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you , i had a look at some of the work there , amazing. 
Sent a request to join <3 
:iconrajputrana:
rajputrana Featured By Owner Aug 15, 2018
tell me some online Photo Editing Website please. i can create logo banners and costume theme.
comparativeedu.blogspot.com/20…
:iconfallisphoto:
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Edited Aug 13, 2018  Professional General Artist
"I am interested in learning more about what everything means here. "

Is there some terminology that is confusing you? I used to teach photography in college (beginning and advanced darkroom) and I have a lot of tutorials I wrote from my lecture notes. They were written for beginners who didn't know much of anything about photography and I wrote them so that there is no obfuscation and they are easy for beginners to understand. I've kept them simple and I have not padded anything out to fill space (like most textbooks do), and I have not overcomplicated simple concepts like circles of confusion, diffraction, the zone system and how to read and use a histogram (most explanations of these very simple concepts are deliberately obfuscated and overcomplicated in pretty much every textbook I have ever read); thus, most of my tutorials are fairly short (some of the topics that took a whole chapter in a textbook can be explained, in simple terms, in just one paragraph). I break things down into short and easily understandable segments. I have also included some basic compositional guidelines (how to use leading lines, the rule of thirds and where to shove it, focal points and how to create them, and so on), something about presentation and creating portfolios, and the business side of photography (wedding photography, amateur versus professional photography, model releases, and etcetera). Unlike in most art courses, my students actually learned something they could use. I was teaching film photography, but the same basic principals carry over into the digital age (only the technological tutorials do not, like "how a sharpening tool works," "histograms," and etcetera). If there is something you don't quite have a handle on, you may benefit from reading at least a few of my 80+ tutorials. Here is the index (just scroll down for topics and links): www.deviantart.com/fallisphoto…

Incidentally, I also repair, restore, build and use vintage cameras, and I can repair and clean DSLRs too, so I know how cameras work at least as well as anyone does.
LaniDoll Featured By Owner Aug 17, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you . 
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Edited Aug 10, 2018  Professional General Artist
Here is a list of ALL of the groups here on DA: groups.deviantart.com/ You'll not only find groups for photography, but for drawings, paintings, and anything else you can think of.
LaniDoll Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
WOOHOO ! Awesome , even better. 
Thank you very muchly ! 
Have a fantastical day. 
FallisPhoto Featured By Owner Aug 13, 2018  Professional General Artist
You're welcome.
:icon4rn13:
4RN13 Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I hope you join as many groups as you can if you have the time. You really deserve more faves,comments and watchers.
Thanks man =)
Your words are very much appreciated .
<3 
:icondrawometric:
Drawometric Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018
I've been thinking weather or not to do a mobile phone photography group, since mobile phones and apps are or will be dominating the scene very soon or at least that's what I think. but I don't want to take on too much work as I'm already stretched thin as it is. 
thats a great idea. 
I think you should go for it ! 
:iconspecialized666:
specialized666 Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2018  Professional General Artist
This might be helpful for you: groups.deviantart.com/?qh=medi…
LaniDoll Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Excellent , that is EXACTLY what i was after , THANK YOU ! 

So glad there are people here willing to help out , it's very much appreciated. 
Have yourself a most excellent weekend. :) (Smile) 
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2018
So you're looking for photographers anonymous ? :p

There are plenty of groups here, but I'm not aware theres a group that does exactly what you are looking for.
LaniDoll Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't know what photographers anonymous is , hence why i am asking about photography groups here . .. i don't think you understood my question ...

Not to worry  , another Deviant has provided me a list of photography groups which is what i was wanting. 

For future reference , try being a bit more straight forward if you are attempting to help someone. if you don't know what someone is asking , try clarifying .. rather than assuming you know what i am looking for. 
Thank you and good day. 
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018
I was joking about "photographers anonymous" ... thats why I wrote a smiley.
lol 
it went right over my head. 
sorry. 
;)
Add a Comment: