Details

May 22
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Opening and closing credit music for the movie based on your novel

:iconhbaf187:
hbaf187 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
I am working on a novel, sort of a dark, high fantasy Mulan.

Opening credits, Ital Tek, "Bladed Terrain."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aS4O…

Closing credits, White Zombie, "Blood, Milk, and Sky"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaU7Bt…

And yours?

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconbeepbeepimmadragon8:
BeepBeepImmaDragon8 Featured By Owner May 28, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If we mean real songs 

For my Bojack fic...maybe something like future or kawaii bass? 

For my Bandori fic's Fourth story (arc D) which is the one where Himari hid being in ballet club from the rest of the band 

For the beginning 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAWWfU…

For the ending 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdHme… 

For my Bojack fanfic's first season this would be my ending song

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xSiBp…

I plan on ending it with Ashley going to a big party to celebrate her class president victory then thanking everyone who helped her win the election against Ryan 
:iconairfixnikon:
AirfixNikon Featured By Owner May 27, 2020
I would want to write my own lyrics for the opening credits of the movies based on my novels.
:iconthemysterywriter:
THEMYSTERYWRITER Featured By Owner May 24, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
Imagine Dragons Believer for opening credits 

The Sound of Silence as ending credits 
:icontinselfire:
Tinselfire Featured By Owner May 24, 2020   General Artist
In the exceptionally unlikely event that I could get Jadulf, Tim Wright, Kurt Harland and Martin Gore together in the studio...

However, whilst it would be an absolute dream team, that specific event is largely academic as I'm still out on whether my current novel project is at all filmable.
:iconjadulf:
Jadulf Featured By Owner May 25, 2020   Artist
You're too kind, but yeah, I'm in on this one - just get the other guys on board. ;-)
Tinselfire Featured By Owner 2 days ago   General Artist
Yourself on ambience, Tim on the bars & pipes, Kurt on the Yamaha DX7 and Martin on electric guitar... Ah, one can dream!
:iconjadulf:
Jadulf Featured By Owner 2 days ago   Artist
Yes indeed, one can dream.
Tinselfire Featured By Owner 19 hours ago   General Artist
Heh. Let us not forget it is a particularly good dream: Three quarters of it may be varying degrees of unrealistic, but the first quarter is already achieved with flying colours -.o
hbaf187 Featured By Owner May 24, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
That's rather electronic of you . . . shocking. That Kaine video game has me intrigued - the sound track and the implied story. The nineties are lost to me; I must have missed it while trying to scratch out an existence with a useless liberal arts degree.
:iconalyssastehle:
AlyssaStehle Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
"No Fear, No Hate, No Pain (No Broken Hearts)" for the opening.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l2E_t…  (it's a bit long so maybe not the whole song) 

"Power of Love" for the ending www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOdh43… It would play over the climax and carry through into the credits.
hbaf187 Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
I am a fan of the Eurythmics; I have never heard "No Fear . . . ," so thanks for that. Is your book a noir crime story? a romance? 
:iconalyssastehle:
AlyssaStehle Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
It's a comic with romance, sci-fi, and mystery/thriller elements. But the main focus is drama. I always felt Eurythmics songs had vague stories behind them and they make my imagination run wild.
I listened to the album "Touch" a lot while doing story concepts. "No Fear" always made me imagine a large intimidating city like the one I'm trying to write. I feel like the song "Cool Blue" was tailor made for me (obviously it's not) But it's a song that I think people can relate to. Also, "The City Never Sleeps" off the album Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) is sort of similar if you are looking for more Eurythmics deep cuts. It's a little bit more "put together" and less wild than the songs off Touch.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
There are already particular musical reference points in the story, but I decided yesterday Ravel's String Quartet in F Major would be a good accompaniment in general: youtu.be/ieRQyyPowH0
Sounds like a story of tragic struggle?
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner May 26, 2020
I don't read it as a particularly tragic piece, personally. But there is a build-up of tension, for sure.
:icondancewithknives:
Dancewithknives Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Bad to the bone; Good for the Heart
Start: Heartache by the Numbers
End: Piece of my Heart, Janis Joplin

New Frankenstien
End ‘: Cruel to be Kind, Nick Lowe
:iconantarasol:
Antarasol Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
For this story Life of a MissileLaunched towards your target, your sole sole of existence is to die - and take one of the the enemy with you. In an explosion of glory.
The flashing drives soon bring you up to speed, the empty space lets you head smoothly for your final goal till ... point defence guns spill barrage fire!
They want to make you die before you reach the goal of your existance! Skillfully you evade the fire of the guns, still they are too many and their fire digs into your armor, wanting to make you die before the moment of glory that you are hoping for. But your creators clad you in steel and fibres, the best they had, to keep you safe. They gave you most powerful drives, made for one ride, the ride of your life .. and death.
Passing the barrage fire, the echo of the target shows more brightly on the radar than ever before. "Head for the last third", your creators told you, "that's where the reactors and the drives are homed." "The last third", they said, "if you hit it right, you and them will go in a

I'd chose this track, www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzxuM6…

And this one, The Half Space Gate - A FragmentThe metal hull glowing in a bright red, the station has reached the final orbit, close to the suns photosphere. Closer than any man made machine ever before. Silence covers the machine halls, the power ducts and every place in the station, just broken by the occasional crack of relaxing metal, finally finding it's final size and place after expanding in the heat of the sun. Just a deep red shine from the glowing walls fills halls and corridors, eventually even the places buried deep within the stations core are glowing in a fiery red, heated by the nearby suns intense heat and radiation.A signal reaches an antenna, then a spark, just a tiny blue light as a relay closes a circuit in response to the signal. Power enters one of the machines in the silently glowing halls, brings it to life. A light tremor shakes the station when the power plants start up, one by one. Huge and powerful, filling well half of the station, yet the power plants merely were meant to ignite the converters and projectors to tap the energy of the sun. Laser ignited fusion, mans most powerful energy source, but here just the catalyst for something far greater, tapping into one of the the more primal entities of the universe, the core of a sun.A deep rumble sounds up as converter banks begin to take in the power of the fusion plants and feed it to the other devices, the so far gentle tremor turns into a stable, strong vibration. Projectors on the stations glowing hull are being fed with the output of the converters and the emitters began to emit a blueish light, still just in standby.Capacitors are being filled, slowly, carefully, all machinery and parts of the station already red hot glowing from the suns heat. Glass and metals had softened and only some ceramic parts still were at full strength, but now they also have to withstand the forces of the running machinery inside. Still it was built to operate in conditions just like that, at the very limit of what terran technology allows.In a distance, farther from the sun, a second station orbits, manned with a human crew, filled with electronics and computation devices. Man and machines check the gauges and meters, compare all the data that is transmitted with the expected values, again and again. Bars rise as the capacitors are loading, displays change from yellow to green, eventually all values are reported in the expected ranges.Someone nods, "Now!", someone presses a button, another signal is sent and the formerly stable vibration inside the station closer to the sun turns into a shaking, screaming force as the capacitors discharge into the projectors and emitters and a channel is formed. Like a finger of energy the channel digs into the sun, deeper and deeper, to tap into the the suns very core to drain its power. Energy begins to fill the channel, the darkness inside the channel suddenly turns into a blinding blue and white, and a shout pierces the tensed silence in the control room of the farther station, "Ignition!"The deep rumble of the machinery inside the tap station already had turned into a high pitched screech but once the channel pierced the suns and tapped into the core, this appeared almost like the silence before in comparison to the yelling crescendo as the raw unleashed power of the sun's core hits the receivers. Blue white energy floods into the power ducts, the power of the sun channelled into man made machines. The vibration turns into a violent shake, the screech of the machinery to a deafening crescendo of sound, and another set of converter banks adds their yell to the cacaphony of sound as the suns raw power reaches them, pushes them to the limits.Further power ducts light, flash up, an almost eldritch blue violet glow of converted energy flushes through the wave guides. Ceramic platings and crystal covers heat from red to white and beyond, but the chosen ceramics stay stable even in the intense heat and radiation, the wave guides channel and focus the energy towards another set of emitters on the off side of the station."Countdown for portal, 3, 2, 1 ... zero!", this time a mechanical voice pierces the atmosphere in the control station.The emitters flash, a cloud forms, shapes, for a moment seems to dissolve, but then with a new flash a ring lights up in space, a glowing blue white border, the area inside a violet haze. The ring expands, grows and moves away from the tap station, the stations body shaking by the force of the converter banks and heated even further by the flow of the energy, tapped from the suns core, even that the stations own power plants now return to idle operation."Portal is stabilizing!", the mechanical voice proclaims, the human crew merely being watchers at the moment, only the control computer able to take in all the data and adjust the operation of the machines quickly enough to keep the energy flow stable and shape the half space portal. On the screen the blue white glowing ring continues to grow into space and widens even farther. Soon the diameter has to be counted in hundreds, then thousands of kilometers."Energy flow stable!", the computers voice declares, just to mock the screaming crescendo of noise and the violent shake of the tapping station's machinery, vibration and sound strong enough to kill any man aboard, even without the help of the searing heat and hard radiation that emits from the power ducts, converters and wave guides.At a diameter of about 15,000 kilometers the portal stabilizes, the violet haze inside the blue white ring darkens, and the light of the stars and eventually even the sun behind fades till the area appears in deepest black. Just like a part of space had been cut out inside the ring."Establishing connection. Half space tracer detected. Synchronizing. Tachyon difference 500, shrinking. 300, 200, shrinking, 100 ... half space tunnel established!", emotionless the synthetic voice of the control computer.Cheers arise in the command section of the control station, the screens show the ring glowing stable in blue white, the formerly pitch black inside shows stars again, but none of them match any of the constellations nearby. The tap station itself now hidden in a white halo of radiation and stray energy emissions, occasionally lit even brighter by lightning like flashes, but all the transmitted control data indicates stable operation of the machinery.The cheers subside, and the people focus on the screens again, someone tells the obvious, "UTC 14:00:00 ... they should be sending now", and just as the words are spoken the ring flashes up and a rock body of several hundred kilometers in size leaves the transmission area inside the portal. The largest object ever so far transmitted by a half space gate.Fists raise, "We've got it! Now we can transfer whole fleets and even space fortresses in near zero time! This will finally turn the war!"

Probably would go well with this, www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdX6IK…
hbaf187 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
I rather like "Life of a Missile," and the tune that goes with it.
:iconantarasol:
Antarasol Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you. I felt a bit shy to publish that one, but likely that really is how AI controlled weapons work.
The irony of happiness (joy, really) and mass casualties wins it.
:iconmadrepappagallo:
MadrePappagallo Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My series has an entire soundtrack lol. Too many damn songs to list.
Ahhh, specifics. I demand specifics. Crying 
:iconmadrepappagallo:
MadrePappagallo Featured By Owner May 24, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I only select beautiful music or songs I feel encompass the emotion or imagery of my story.

here's a few of them

hbaf187 Featured By Owner May 27, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
Like myself and Tinselfire, another discerning electronica listener. Girl from the Sky is my fav., but these are happy songs.  What is the conflict? (I have no happy songs in mine; all I have is conflict).
Add a Comment: