Details

November 21
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

What kind of art videos do you like to watch?

:iconydalirwendigo:
YdalirWendigo Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Personally, I'm currently watching art unboxing videos and decluttering art supplies. But it's been difficult to find new ones, I think that I have nearly watched them all haha

So I would like to know what you are watching :)

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconrielzero:
RielZero Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I like stuff from emily artful! www.youtube.com/user/TheRetroF… Her watercolor paintings are relaxing to look at, and she doesn't talk about drama that much. (Its less negative community wise, and more focussed at for example scammers or Karen-type of experiences if its about drama.)

I personally don't like speedpaints with drama voice-overs when its about people and community, they turn up in my recommended.. I just want to watch the speedpaint, not hear negativity about an artist I have never heard of.
Also, its kinda weird and I worry that it sounds mean: I can't handle it when people act out their voice in the ''kawaii'' tone just to get uwu vibes, ''uhm'' repeatedly, or yell ''excited excited'' 3+ times in the same sentence when its about art products (it feels like theyre hyping it up cuz sponsored.). Even if its not about art products, monotone ad-lib or scripted voice-overs are robotic and I can't handle singluar-tone talking. Its like someone is reading a phamplet to me while theyre trying to talk about their day or experiences.

(Might be just me on singular-tone, since I cannot handle tunes that do this either. Its like 2-3 tone taps that sound consistent and my brain goes brrrr plstop if I hear it. The pen tapping type of stuff.)

Last type of art videos I don't like are ''sketchbook'' tours that consist of solely hating on their child-selves. Maybe they used to love that, then why act grossed out by it now? Its not funny. Its like looking in the mirror and self-depreciating. You loved it once. Respect that version of you even if it makes you cringe. Look at it fondly, everyone was weird once.

My fav art youtuber is Khan Taya, www.youtube.com/channel/UC6YnU… her journey of growth is really nice. She started out being a bit more insecure in her videos, but has shown some personality growth and its nice to see that she's drawing more for herself finally. 
There's another guy who's videos I've slowly been getting into: www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjTt…
:iconluckyvedaart:
luckyvedaart Featured By Owner 5 days ago  New Deviant  Traditional Artist
:icontemarimaru:
Temarimaru Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Student Digital Artist
Splash art speedpaints, especially the ones from LoL
:iconriger44:
Riger44 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2020  Student General Artist
I like watching quality educational videos and drawing sessions preferably in real time. Sometimes videos of people using whatever I'm planning to buy.
:iconstudioagt:
StudioAGT Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2020  Student Filmographer
Ethan Becker though if you'd like a specific example as well as BoroCG and BlenderGuru.
:iconstudioagt:
StudioAGT Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2020  Student Filmographer
Videos that explain concepts as opposed to very very specific art problems. More useful I personally think.
:iconjolylad:
JolyLad Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020
3D Digital sculpting

I'm thinking if I learn this, I may finally get the self motivation I desire.
:iconthehaxman:
TheHaxMan Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Student Filmographer
Adam Duff!
:iconxr4p1d:
Xr4p1d Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Speedpaints by WLOP
:iconcubicapoc:
CubicApoc Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist General Artist
I like tabletop terrain videos, but occasionally I'll watch a review of some weird art supply. Oh, and you can't forget Bob Ross. I'd try some of his techniques and see if I could just go completely off the rails with them (lava world with 4 moons? Mars? maybe Earth, but palette swapped? hmm...) but I don't quite have all the materials I'd need and don't really want to bother with paint thinner. I have some oils, and I keep telling myself I'll try them at some point, but my acrylics are right there and I already have a feel for them.
:iconbeebrushes:
beebrushes Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Tbh for me it's pretty hard to find art related content on yt, but when I do I usually watch time-lapse videos and commentary videos on art stuff in general, I mostly love listening to podcasts while I draw.
:iconoreopainter:
oreopainter Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020
i like art tutorials and speedpaints
:iconfrailline:
Frailline Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Anything art-related goes just fine, but I really like watching educational things like tutorials, technique discussions and speedpaints. Something I can use to improve my skills, basically
Add a Comment: