Details

August 1
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Anime/Manga Poses

:iconbluerainartistry:
BlueRainArtistry Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If I find a pose from an anime or manga series that I would like to use in my drawings, is it okay to use it? Provided that the drawing isn't heavily copying the reference but is based on the pose?

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icontianasama:
TianaSama Featured By Owner Edited 5 days ago  Student General Artist
As long as you're not tracing, go my dude ! :D
:iconriger44:
Riger44 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Digital Artist
Even professional mangakas copy poses from reference photos, it should be fine. 
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you learn poses off other people's art, then you copy their mistakes, so it is better to get a real life or photograph version. I have seen poses created with a 3D program, and a lot of artist uses them. It is www.posemaniacs.com

The 3D version looks good, but it is actually wrong in a few areas, because of the 3D model was created to bend, and that is not the same natural way it looks. It is a good place to get started, and if you look for how they are different than real life people, you can learn the right way, but the first thing you need is to learn from one source, because you can learn from many different people posing. 
:iconnight9shade:
Night9Shade Featured By Owner 6 days ago  New Deviant Student Writer
It's just a pose. You could fine it anywhere, or have someone pose for you. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure a pose can't be copyrighted. Also, they're just drawings. You can draw an OC or a non-OC- nobody can keep you from drawing what you want. Hope it helps!
Add a Comment: