Closed to new replies
March 8
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Improvement Within a Year

:iconmini-crushies:
Mini-Crushies Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So I remade this drawing from March 9th last year (ik it's the 8th and it hasn't been an exact year yet but it's close enough xD) and I'm really proud of the improvement I made...

I mean, here's a side-by-side comparison of the different drawings...

Improvement by Mini-Crushies

Also yes - it was heavily inspired by Undertale. I used to be complete Undertale trash (luckily at that time when I originally made the drawing I wasn't as big of a fan as I was) and now I'm just like men, it's a good game xD

(and ElectricEmo is one of my two Wattpad usernames, at the time I didn't have DA and I just posted in my artbook on my account)

What do you guys think? :>...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do see some improvement in proportion and line control.
:iconodomi2:
Odomi2 Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Professional Traditional Artist
I'm always a bit weary of these "improvement comparisons".
I mean it's great that you feel that you have improved and you have, that's bound to happen if you practice.
But it's also important to notice two things:

-1 That its not an exact comparison, since  you've changed also the drawing has: it's not the same piece, drawn better. It's a different piece, better rendered in some aspects that share the topic.

-2 Don't dismis the previous drawing. To be honest, although I notice the improvement, with these comparisons I always like the first one  better. Yes the second may be technically superior, but there's always something lost, some of the freshnes. (I think this is related to repeating the same drawing, not that you do it worse).

Just a thought :)
:icondrakepancake:
Drakepancake Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
thats what I did
Awake by Drakepancake my old one
Awake VIP by Drakepancake  then I remade it into this as an improvement, with the hints of the old and same, older OC 
:iconodomi2:
Odomi2 Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Professional Traditional Artist
Nice :)
Very consistent perspective I must say.
:icondrakepancake:
Drakepancake Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
ty! days worth of reading home design magazines paid off
Add a Comment: