Closed to new replies
August 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Best brush pen

:iconscottygod:
scottygod Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Can anyone recommend a good brush pen? I have a Pentel pocket brush pen that won't get as fine a line as I need. I need one that produces a dark black or that can be loaded with separate ink.

I'm interested in the Kaimei sumi brush pen. www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0011ZF… Anyone have any experience with it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconghotire:
Ghotire Featured By Owner Aug 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I found the same thing with my Pentel Pocket Brush Pen, however, with practice I have been able to reduce the line-weight considerably. It just takes a much lighter stroke than I'm used to, and speed/precision.

This was done with a Pentel Pocket Brush Pen... I didn't think it was possible: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oQEPB…
:iconralphniese:
RalphNiese Featured By Owner Aug 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
heard only the best of the kuretake, should be the one you're looking after. i hated somewhen the pentel pocket brush and went with just simply real brushes and windsor/newton's caligraphy ink. such a rich black!
:iconiamericbass:
iamericbass Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2013
I agree with ~raerae, Kuratake makes some really stellar brush pens. They can be pricey, but they're worth the money because as long as you take care of them, they'll take care of you. They have both refillable and disposable, and all are great. The no. 13 is good, the no. 40 is soooo sweet. But it's hella pricey, because it's a sable hair brush, and if you treat it with care, it will never fail you. Pentels are crap. I have two of them and I really only use them to spot blacks, otherwise, they're pointless...literally.
:iconfason:
fason Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
For a grab and go pen, I like the Staedtler Mars Graphic 3000 Duo. It has a brush nib and a marker/pen end. It's the only brush pen I've found that the ink will actually run out before the brush nib will begin to split or wear and it gives a nice, dark black.
:iconraerae:
raerae Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
If the Pentel Pocket Brush doesn't do it for you, maybe try the Kuretake No. 13. The good thing about the Kuretake is that if you get a Platinum converter, you can fill it with any ink you want.
:iconghotire:
Ghotire Featured By Owner Aug 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
That is a sexy pen! I don't need it, but I now feel that I can't live without it... damn!
Add a Comment: