Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

Details

June 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Wacom Cintiq 22HD or XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display drawing tablet for digital art

:iconlinzhong:
linzhong Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Artisan Crafter
Hey guys I'm about to get serious about digital art. I currently use the XP-Pen Star03 Graphics tablet Small and I was looking at the Wacom Cintiq 22HD when i stumbled across the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display drawing tablet . Its time for me to stop a lot of gaming time and turn it into what i used to be good at and maybe a career change down the line.

Spec wise both are similar, Also one more flaw on the Artist 22E Pro is the inability to multi-touch input .

other then that not much else parts them other then PRICE !!!! like less then half. 609.99 VS 1,483.97 .

Im a sucker for quality and both don't seem to have much of a quality issue but the Cintiq does have a nice exterior rubber grip style exterior and a very flexible stand with rotation etc...

I looked into the touch version of the cintiq but ive seen major drivers issues with adobe and i don't won't that at all. Apparently both don't work in tangent like the old days.

Anyways my head is leaning towards the cintiq, most likely go to JB and do finance option. Otherwise i would fork our for the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro . I would appreciate some feedback if you have used either.

Have a look on the Artist 22E Pro drawing monitor incase you never seen one.

www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-Draw…

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconmonbeberiu:
MonbebeRiu Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
I just got the Cintiq 13HD without Touch *since that seemed more harm than good* lol
But legit, just as an FYI, You do get what you pay for and Wacom is a very good and trusted brand~ I loved both of mine so far~ <3 
Tough to haha
:icongiraffemeow:
GiraffeMeow Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I agree with ArtisticAxis, I have an XP-Pen Artist 22E and an iPad Pro with apple pencil. I end up using the iPad all the time because it's very convenient to carry around (I can sketch on my bed), and I love the feeling of drawing on it. The screen might feel slippery, but if you use a screen protector (I use paperlike) it works perfect. 
:iconbijutsuyoukai:
BijutsuYoukai Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
Personally, I'm in favor of the XP-Pen 22E Pro, and I am incredibly pleased with mine. I bought mine in March of 2017 for around $600/£448 and it's been worth every penny. For a few months back you could get it for about $400/£298 new but now it appears Amazon on has third-party sellers for it. It's only real downsides, from my experience at least, are that the drivers can be a bit touchy, but if you're already familiar with XP-Pen products shouldn't be a big issue. That and the placement of the wires is a little awkward, but overall doesn't really cause me any grief. It works well enough with most art programs, outside of SAI 2 in which it refuses to detect pressure. I've tried it in Photoshop, Illustrator, SAI (the original), Clip Studio Paint/Manga Studio 5, Krita, and Fire Alpaca and those all worked just fine.
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner 5 days ago
I've used both the Cintiq AND the 22E and if you're leaning anywhere near the 22E just get an Ipad Pro with an Apple Pencil.
The level of calibration is much better, it won't completely annihilate your bank account plus you can use it as a pseudo-laptop for other purposes beyond just drawing. Obviously your selection of illustration programs is somewhat limited compared to the Cintiq but what's currently available does the job quite well.

Also the latest reboot should be coming this September-ish, so if you can wait a little bit you could potentially snag a discounted 2017 Pro at that time.
:iconartsyyl:
artsyYL Featured By Owner 5 days ago   General Artist
Hi, 
I can't really say much about the Artist 22E Pro
But I can say a few for the Cintiq since I actually have one. [which I personally love]
I'm not really sure on what to say so you can ask me questions about the Cintiq if you have, and I can try my best to answer it.

Even so, I'll give you my feedback for the Cintiq. 
I took the touch option off because I decided not to use it. I thought it was better to get one with touch and turn it off if not desired, rather than not get one, and want a touch settings. 
I did use the touch setting in the beginning, and I didn't seem to have a problem using photoshop, although I also did hear that it may lag switching from touch to pen. [yes, i'm sorry, that's not much of a help]
I do like the buttons on the sides, it is pretty helpful. [except honestly, I only end up using half of them since I'm a lot faster with one hand on the keyboard]
I think this all changes while you're working. It's handy to have the buttons on the side, but I tend to work faster using a keyboard shortcut. 
Let's see... what else. 
I just noticed that the Artist22E's pen comes with a charger. For me, that might be a problem since the pen can die on you while you are working, as the Cintiq's pen doesn't require a battery or a charger. 

I personally don't like the mount on the Artist 22E. Compared to the Cintiq, it has 4 legs rather than two legs/rod thing. [might be confusing, again, sorry]
For me, I have things behind my Cintiq, and when I lower it, nothing gets in the way behind it, but if I had the Artist 22E, things might be in the way of the legs. 

So, this is all from my point of view, and not sure if it helps. 
Like I said previously, if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask :)
Mainly, ask yourself if you need touch, and don't mind charging the pen. 
:icon7nikage:
7nikage Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Only thing I'd correct is that the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro actually comes with 2 rechargeable pens, so it kinda nullifies the whole "might run out during work" problem since you can just have the backup charged and ready to swap at all times.
Sorry, just had to chime in about that since recharging pens aren't that bad, especially when you get 2 included.
:iconartsyyl:
artsyYL Featured By Owner 5 days ago   General Artist
Ahh alright, didn't see that it comes with two rechargeable pens. 
No worries. 
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner 5 days ago
I think you've to consider if the touch aspect is important for you or not during your working process. 
Not that I can afford it. Whelp! >_>
Add a Comment: