Closed to new replies
April 17, 2018
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

A paint program for Android with the possibility to create new brushes

:icontapio-huuhaa:
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2018
I tried to create new brushes for Medibang Paint, but I couldn't create any useful new brush. All "brushes" resembled "haystacks".

Is there for Android some other application, which has the possibility to create new brushes.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconamokraneaitk:
amokraneaitk Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
adobe brush and photoshop for mobile :)
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner Apr 18, 2018
I foreget to mention that I have currently Android table.

I know that iPad Pro has Photoshop Express, which belongs to the installation.

Photoshop Express is also for Android. That is just limited photo editor, which lacks even clone tool.

You might mean more Adobe Photoshop for Mac/Windows resembling mobile application, which is not available for Android but is available for iPad.

I didn't find Photoshop Brush for Android.
amokraneaitk Featured By Owner Apr 21, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"I didn't find Photoshop Brush for Android"
It's ADOBE BRUSH CC for Android !
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner Apr 21, 2018
I didn't find it from the Google Store, but I found this information:

"Adobe Brush CC features are now available as part of Adobe Capture CC."

Unfortunately that it is not compatible with my device, but I found stand alone Adobe Brush CC.

"Adobe Brush CC lets you create beautiful, high-quality brushes on your iPad or iPhone and start using them straightaway in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch."

Those applications don't have a compatible version with my device. I should get elsewhere older versions of them. 

amokraneaitk Featured By Owner Apr 22, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hope you'll find them :)
Wish you the best <3
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2018
Unfortunately Autodesk Sketcbook doesn't work in my tablet. I used Autodesk Sketchbook ver. 3.7.2. But when I update it to 4.0, the functionality was lost. I couldn't draw anything anymore because the pen didn't follow movements. 
That's why I changed to ibisPaint X, which doesn't have the possibility to import/create new brushes. Then I tried Medibang Paint.

Concerning the interface I ibisPaint X is quite good compromise. It hides tools ideal. Autodesk Sketchbook hides too much in the hiding mode and 
Medibang doesn't hide enough. But hiding/showing is not very important concerning creating art.
:iconjunechristina:
JuneChristina Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I think Sketchbook Pro can. I haven't tried to make brushes yet but you can Google and look it up. A year subscription for Android is $4.99
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner Apr 18, 2018
"Unfortunately Autodesk..." was for you and I put it into wrong place

Have you used it. In my next tablet Skecthbook might work again. Skecthbook was a little bit annoying. It hides the interface TOO MUCH in the hide mode. In the hide mode there should be at least few actions available like ibisPaint X.  ibisPaint X shows in my mind a little bit too much. Something between ibisPaint X and Autodesk Sketchbook is optimal. ibisPaint X is in my mind closer the optimal hiding.
JuneChristina Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I learned something playing with it. Did you download it from the computer store or off the website. I had downloaded it first from the Window store. When I would go on YouTube for tutorials my interface looked different from their, so I went online and found out to get the full Sketchbook Pro you have to download it offline.
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner Apr 21, 2018
I downloaded it from Google Play. Anyway I can't by now use it. The interface was changed after 3.72. In fact 4.0 is in my mind ugly - the left bar is ugly. The left bar or 3.7.2 looked clean and nice. In 4.0 the left bar doesn't fit to the other interface of the application.
JuneChristina Featured By Owner Apr 21, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh okay. Well everyone have their opinions and just because it work for one's doesn't mean it will work for all.
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner May 14, 2018
I found that ibisPaint X with pressure sensitive pen is quite ok too without new brushes.
It supports with iPad Wacon Bamboo Fineline 3, which might be quite good pen.

I found that the same pen is supported also with Sketchbook - see Using your Bamboo Fineline with Autodesk Sketchbook - YouTube
JuneChristina Featured By Owner May 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Why do I need to watch the video? I don't have a iPad pen.
Tapio-Huuhaa Featured By Owner May 1, 2018
I test now iPad 9,7 with Apple Pencil. With that combination Autodesk Sketchbook works. But I didn't figure how to import new brushes for that.

BTW. The interface looks just now better than in the first versions of 4.0 series.

IMO ibisPaint X has more usefull interface, but I can work with Autodesk Sketchbook in cases, where it is necessary.

I will now hower give back to the shop iPad & Apple Pencil, because I don't enough use for it.
JuneChristina Featured By Owner May 1, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I go on the website to get the new brushes. There should be an option to download them in the app though. I know mine's alert me when there brushes I haven't download.
Hidden by Commenter
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: