Closed to new replies
August 17, 2016
Link

Statistics

Replies: 75

Cintiq users?

:iconastralseed:
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 17, 2016  Professional General Artist
So, I'm heavily debating on upgrading to a Cintiq but I'm not sure if dropping that kind of money into a new tablet is a good investment.  

So the quick rundown is that I am currently using a wacom Intuos Pro Medium that I purchased barely a year ago-ish?  I love my tablet dearly and can work with it no problem, but wonder if upgrading again might benefit me and/or my art.  

That being said, I am curious to hear from Cintiq users about their experiences.  Ideally from those who switched from other tablets that they were comfortable and fluent with beforehand, rather than coming from strictly traditional media.  Though any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

Have you found any benefits in upgrading to a Cintiq, over other tablets?  What kind of benefits?  

How much resistance do you think there is while drawing when comparing the Cintiq to other tablets?  Basically I am looking to find out how easily and smoothly you can glide the pen over the surface to draw, and how much pressure you have to apply factoring in any types of resistance like textures of the drawing surface.  (OMG, I hope that makes sense?) 

Anyone who uses dual monitors already?  Is it a hassle to switch out one monitor for the Cintiq each time you want to use it?  

Any other pro's or con's anyone can share with me on this?
Perhaps someone knows where I might even be able to try one out before purchasing?  

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwaylien:
Waylien Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This review on the Ipad Pro vs Wacom Cintiq might be useful to you as an alternative to the very pricey Wacoms. youtu.be/VMA25CqKcn8 Its by the guy that designed the characters in the Skylanders games BTW. Enjoy!
:iconksenijasaurus:
Ksenijasaurus Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had intuos pen and touch small, and the moment I had the cintiq there was no looking back.
Honestly I feel much more comfortable with the Cintiq, and it was worth it to me. ^^
:iconyondoloki:
yondoloki Featured By Owner Oct 6, 2016  Professional General Artist
I have had a Cintiq 13hd  for about two years now, and I love it! I used a normal tablet before, a Bamboo Fun, but I had trouble with lineart on it, because I couldn't hold a straight line when not looking where I drew. The disconnection there really botherd me, so I bought a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition tablet, which have a build in wacom pen and comes with a sketching program. It was very intuitive to use and responed very well (Still does, still have it) But the limitation of a tablet didn't cut it for me. I missed using Photoshop. So when I heard of Cintiqs I was really excited and bought one, but it took a bit of getting used to. It is not comepletely intuitve. There is a small "gap" between where the pen hits the screen, and where it actually draw. It put me off in the start, but after maybe a month or so it didn't  bother me anymore. It is great to be able to look where you draw, and though is wasn't as intuitive as the galaxy tablet, it was great to have acces to my computer programs and have the feeling of drawing where you look back.

It also has a lot of costumisability wiith all it's bottons. After I got them set up the right way, I almost don't have to think when I draw, it just sits in the fingers. 

It is very sensitive in its pressures and you can do whatever you can do by hand. Some people use a glove to not get stuck on the screen if you have sweaty hands, but I hav not had a problem with that. My only real complaint is the nibs you get feels really plasticy against the screen, and not very responsive. I did solve that though by buying some other nibs, the white ones with springs on. Still feels a bit plasticy but it helped a lot switching the nib. Also gave a lot more control over the pressure sensitivity. 

About the whole switching screen thing, I do feel it annoys me. However I sit on a laptop, which I connect to a screen and keyboard and mouse and play desktop, but the laptop only have one hdmi port, so i have to either have a large screen or the cintiq in.

Since the screen is 13 inches and full hd, things like tools and such in photoshop or other programs can be really small. With zoom you can make the picture you are drawing bigger, so again I don't think much about it anymore. The size though enables you to bring it with you in a bag, and that was why I wanted the 13 inch instead of the bigger ones (Also because they are damn expensive!!). 

All in all I am very happy with it. The small annoyances I can live with, the pros outweigh the cons a lot, and I would be very sad not to have one now. 

I hope this helped. If you have any questions not covered you are free to ask me! I promise to give you my honest oppinion and experience :)
:iconsiteline6:
SiteLine6 Featured By Owner Oct 7, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
I found that if I off set the pen tip just a off the center of the cross point in the calibration setup, it takes care of that Gap you talked about, plus it helps let you see where the pen tip actually is in relation the cursor, I'm a left so I set it just off the the left of center on the cross... worked great for me
:iconyondoloki:
yondoloki Featured By Owner Oct 7, 2016  Professional General Artist
Huh, I gotta remember that! Thanks :D
:iconsiteline6:
SiteLine6 Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow that was a mess, I was tired when I wrote that mess, sorry about that!
But ya if your right handed I'd try setting the pen tip just to the right of the vertical center line and just on top of the horizontal center line.
I found trying to set it up right in the center I always lost the contact point where I wanted to place the mark, sucked for trying to get real sharp edge work.
Also I have a scratch guard on mine so it added a bit more thickness to the screen in relation to the pen tip and where Photoshop says it's cursor is.. so the offset help compensate for that.   
:iconkarinsphotography:
KarinSPhotography Featured By Owner Edited Oct 5, 2016  Professional Digital Artist
I also switched from the intuos pro to the cintiq 13HD touch So from black screen to computerscreen and I love it! Love them both but it comes in handy to be able to see on my screen now! I got addicted at animecon last year, bought the intuos and started saving for the cintiq pro HD. Bought that one in may, never a moment without it anymore!
:iconcheshyre1:
CHESHyRE1 Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2016  Student Digital Artist
Personally I love my tablet, I use it a lot for pixel art. 

I currently have a Companion 2 after upgrading from a Cintiq 13HD. 
I have personally found that it's totally worth it, makes everything easier. :3
:iconaoyumeart:
aoyumeart Featured By Owner Sep 16, 2016  Professional Digital Artist
I think it is really convenient to have a Cintiq. I would love to have one if commission art works out for me so there is a reason for upgrade. Though, Wacom Intuos 3 is really helpful.
:iconlemonsbugz:
LemonsBugz Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've been using Cintiq 13HD for 1 month.
For me, Cintiq is for "convenience".
It is pretty convenient, and fun to do lineart.

You need to remind that Cintiq is just an interactive display, it's like drawing on a tablet.
The specs is the same as Intuos pro.
:iconblackewood:
Blackewood Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2016  Professional Digital Artist
I had an Intuos 3 for years before upgrading to the Cintiq, and I absolutely love it. Or, at least, I do now; there was a stretch where I was annoyed as hell with my Cintiq. Reason being, the screen quality on the 12WX isn't great. I got the smallest/cheapest model, on special, and for months I hated it because I had expected something I could just draw into and have it be perfect; when I transferred an image back to my main screen (or printed it), suddenly massive flaws were jumping out, places where I thought things were blended perfectly looked a mess (the contrast and resolution was bad), and the colours were all a few shades off. 

Turns out it was on special because they were phasing out the model - and I can guess why. As I understand it they've made a lot of strides in fixing those issues with the newer models. If I had that kind of cash on hand, I'd upgrade to the 27HD in a heartbeat. 

That said, now I just duplicate my work screen; I look at the cintiq while I'm drawing and glance up at my main screen to double check that everything's right, and it's almost at the point where I don't even see the colour difference any more. I'm aware of it but it doesn't impact my work. I don't use my Intuos at all these days; the Cintiq just makes the whole drawing process faster and more accurate (less hitting Undo, more happy scribbling). The simple fact that you're able to see the point of the pen as you work makes things easier. 

In terms of the drawing experience, - pressure, pen feel etc, well, it doesn't handle too differently from the Intuos. The main difference is you're less likely to use it flat or at a low angle, so it's more like working at a drawing board. I used to get slight RSI pain in my forearm from painting with the Intuos because I was using it at a bad angle - that's never happened with the Cintiq. I will say that I've had to prop the Cintiq up on books (I didn't buy the fancy schmancy stand because it said it had one built in, but it's such a low angle that you have to hunch over the damn thing like Quasimodo) - I've got a couple of huge, thick reference books to raise it off the desk and a couple more to make the angle steeper so it's more comfortable to work at.

You might want to experiment with different pen nibs as well, if you haven't already; I was frustrated as hell initially with the feel of drawing on the Cintiq, and then I realized I was using a hard plastic nib that was sliding over the screen too fast; swapped it out for a hard felt nib and suddenly things felt awesome and natural. There's also a nib with a spring in the middle which I quite liked for a while, that from memory feels quite nice without having to push quite so hard. But it's been years since I've used that one.  

It's not a hassle to switch out the screen because i don't, really; I have my desk set up so my main computer screen can be pushed back slightly, and the Cintiq (which I just keep permanently plugged in on my desk, switched off until I use it) off to the side. If I wanna draw, it takes about five seconds to set my stuff up - pull the Cintiq into position and turn it on :shrug: not much of a bother at all. So long as you've got enough ports on your graphics card to support multiple monitors and you don't have to putz about with cables each time, it's not an issue. I have three screens going at the moment; my primary screen and Cintiq show the same screen, and I've got one off the side because I run my favourite tv shows while I work. 

I used to have it as a triple screen set-up (primary screen: main desktop, where I kept my Photoshop tool panels and reference images, secondary screen: (Cintiq) workspace for painting, tertiary screen: TV) but that was a bit awkward, toggling between the three as I worked. Now my main screen/cintiq are the same workspace so there's practically no toggling, and my tv screen can hold the extra if I need a reference image up or an awkwardly large tool panel. It might take a while for you to figure out what configuration works for you, and that's really just down to trial and error. 

Hope that helps :)
:iconlandoftheclyony:
LandOfTheClyony Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I own a cintiq 13HD cord tablet no touch features. Ever since I bought my surface pro 2 its collecting dust LITTERALLY.  the surface pro 2 has wacom technology built into them. The pen is plastic, however you never need a battery for it. It was a sob dream come true. But that kick stand is a night mare. Had it replaced 4 time because the kick stand is crap. In the end they replaced with a surface pro 3. NIGHTMARE HISSSSS ANGRAY NO MORE WACOM TECH NOOOOOOO. SOBS. However my love for art is far stronger than new tech that made me feel crippled.

tried to do some art and I LOVE IT PERFECT FLAWLESS, FUN. That pressure thing is overrated unless you depend on that stuff and its a must have for you. screen is dreamy. However looking at a micro PhotoShop and illustrator cs6 is a NIGHTMARE. HOWEVER sOMEONE FIGURED A WORK AROUND AND ITS PERFECT.

HERE IS A AMPLE OF MY WORK I DONE RECIENTLY. dRAWPLUS 8X is perfect too..

Fall With Mikey by RaphLuna

Wishing you the BEST OF LUCK and a ton of art enjoyment. Whatever choice you make.

hugs.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2016  Professional General Artist
The pressure stuff is super important for me because I can not apply as much pressure as other people can without causing a lot of pain for me (I can not write more than 2 sentences with a pen on paper without suffering severe pain because my hands/arms are all messed up).  As it is now, my tablet has as much pressure sensitivity etc as a cintiq and I still often have to control z because only part of my lines were picked up by it as a result of me having to draw without using much pressure at all.  
:iconashzoi:
Ashzoi Featured By Owner Aug 31, 2016  Professional Digital Artist
Whoa I'm on dA. WELP.

We use cintiqs all the time at school, to the point that I would stay long hours in the cintiq labs just to finish art. When summer came, and I had to go back to using my wee little bamboo, it felt like drawing with a missing limb lol. It's faster, more comfortable, more intuitive, better pressure sensitivity, the tilt controls omg omg omg, and I'm slowly making the switch myself. The only hold back for me is 1) price, and 2) I have to upgrade several components of my computer before it can handle a dual monitor system while running all the programs I want, yadda yadda. 
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 31, 2016  Professional General Artist
pressure sensitivity is the exact same as with my Intuos Pro which was what I was looking for the most.  Anything else is not an upgrade for me unfortunately :(
:iconashzoi:
Ashzoi Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2016  Professional Digital Artist
oh well that's a bummer! My lab's cintiq's are a bajillion times more sensitive than my dinky little bamboo. 
So I guess for you it'd just be 2 grand to draw on a monitor lol
Astralseed Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2016  Professional General Artist
Yeah, the pressure sensitivity on the Intuos Pro's is AMAZING, when I dropped 400$ into it last year to upgrade from the Intuos 3 it was well worth it.. I really thought cintiqs would have even better pressure sensitivity etc but apparently not :( 
:iconpixelationgirl:
PixelationGirl Featured By Owner Aug 29, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
I do have a cintiq, art stays the same, is the time that takes you do it that decreases not to mention less ctrl+z 
I still keep an intuos 5 small for portability and sometimes because I'm trying to edit something in a hurry and plugin my cintiq is a nightmare.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 29, 2016  Professional General Artist
I was under the impression that cintiq's had more sensitivity than the Intuos Pro's but since they don't it would just be a big waste of money for me to 'upgrade' :( 
:iconpixelationgirl:
PixelationGirl Featured By Owner Edited Aug 29, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Actually the pressure sensitivity of the Cintiq 13 HD at least compared to my intuos 5 (that is almost the same as the pro) is the same, I know because I compared specifications from the wacom official site. There was no difference about that. 

I spent the money and don't regret it. Because for some reason ,and as many others said before here, it helps you work faster and more intuitively on the screen.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 29, 2016  Professional General Artist
Yeah, someone pointed that out the other day so I went and looked at the specs and was highly disappointed.  
I don't imagine it would help my drawing speed at all, I am very comfortable and used to drawing without looking at my hand.  I really was just hoping for more sensitivity to help things but well.. I dono.. I guess it's a bust.  Perhaps if they start making one with better specs I'll consider it again.
:iconfyrrea:
Fyrrea Featured By Owner Aug 29, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
I upgraded to Cintiq and now I make art a lot faster and with more pleasure. It's the only difference. 
:iconbrimstonegarden:
BrimstoneGarden Featured By Owner Aug 28, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a Cintiq 13HD no touch screen and I love it, it isn't very portable though which is a big drawback. So far it's worked really well (I just switched over) I'm pretty rough on my electronics and it's holding up really well.
:iconaxigan:
Axigan Featured By Owner Aug 26, 2016  Professional General Artist

I used to work with a cheap end wacom Graphire 3 tablet, upgrading to a cintiq was a phenomenal change and my work improved quite a lot in a short time span.

Now, my cintiq broke barely 7 months after I purchased it (24HD), it was a devastating blow and I had to switch back to the graphire 3 since I was in the middle of a huge job, and I can say they feel way different since the graphires (and/or bamboos) are just sticks to poke with and not the best tablets for artistic work.
I guess the intuos feel more comfortable since they share the same features a cintiq does (tablet wise), but nothing beats working over a display. Though sometimes I wish I had an intuos as well since I'm afraid to turn the cintiq on and seeing it broken again :/.

While I had my Cintiq repaired I purchased a cheaper Bosto 22" tablet, it works quite like the cintiq, so if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I think that would be a good start... at least from my experience.

:iconhitplaystudios:
Hitplaystudios Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2016  Student Filmographer
I use a mouse but I been told lots of time wacom tablets are best but there's a lot of people who switch and went back I guess you won't know lest you try 
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Aug 23, 2016
Offtopic: have you tried Lazy Nezumi for smoother strokes and shenanigans? :meditate:

I used to put a plastic wraps over my intuos to make it go smooth. And then put paper. >_>
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 23, 2016  Professional General Artist
I wrote it down the other day to try... though smoother strokes aren't an issue becasue I can just use SAI for that.  
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Aug 23, 2016
I found out I have noted down to remind me about it like several years or months ago and now I remember it. :slow: :dead:
Like if you want it for Photoshop, it would be great, but yea, there's always SAI.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2016  Professional General Artist
I want to try it out with photoshop because I mean.. if I can just keep my work in PS that would be ideal.  
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2016
That's what I was thinking. I like to dabble in SAI but having to save then open in another software feels strenuous. I guess I have to get used to it if I want to try multiple softwares. 

Also, every time I scroll through the forum and see your thread title, I keep reading it as "Critique users" and it keeps messing with my mind. :crying: 
:iconamritasoda:
amritasoda Featured By Owner Aug 23, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The way I see it, coming from a Cintiq user myself

Don't think of a Cintiq as a way to better your art, think of it as more of a quality of life upgrade
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 23, 2016  Professional General Artist
Yes and that quality can help improve on ones art, even if just a little.  I would like to hope that a cintiq has more sensitivity than an Intuos Pro... having more of that has always helped me create art more easily.  Which is the point in upgrading.  
:iconakajiflare:
AkajiFlare Featured By Owner Aug 25, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Same sensitivity, less (Is my hand in the right place) moments.  I upgraded because I like being able to make artwork on the go.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 26, 2016  Professional General Artist
So you're telling me that a cintiq which is at minimum twice the price of an intuos pro has only one bonus being that you get to more easily make sure your hand is in the right place?  
AkajiFlare Featured By Owner Aug 26, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pretty much.  Not a big difference, but it made drawing more fun and practical.
So, specs for the Inuos pro are:
  • Pressure Levels 2048, both pen tip and eraser
  • Tilt Recognition ±60 levels
for the cintiq its:
  • Pressure Levels 2048, both pen tip and eraser
  • Tilt Range 40 degrees
  • Tilt Recognition ±60 levels
What the hell Wacom!!  You're drunk!!!  
AkajiFlare Featured By Owner Aug 26, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's probably not an upgrade for me at all then :( 
Totally disappointed in wacom now :( 

I absolutely appreciate that you pointed that out though, so thank you!
:iconfenhung:
FenHung Featured By Owner Aug 23, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had an Intuous and upgraded to a Cintiq myself; I don't know anything about off-brand tablets, nor if they are better for the price, but I am quite satisfied with my Cintiq, and I do think that it has helped me :)
I think that it also depends a bit on what is important for you when you draw; I found that my linework got considerably better (i.e. smoother, more dynamic lines, more confidence in drawing longer sweeping lines) but the view was very limited compared to the Intuous because your hand covers like half of the screen, so you often end up with disproportionate objects or bodies, etc. 
Another thing about the Cintiq is that the cables are really sensitive - sometimes if you jostle them a bit the screen either starts generating noise or goes completely black, which is super annoying >-> (Actually, you might wanna look into the Cintiq Companion, if you're interested - it has an internal battery so that you can bring it wherever you go, which is really cool!)
Hope you will end up being happy with your choice, whatever it may be :)
-- Fen
:iconcestarian:
Cestarian Featured By Owner Edited Aug 21, 2016   Digital Artist
I'm a happy user of Yiynova MVP22U+ RH. You don't have to buy wacom you know (if you buy non-wacom prepare to spend some time configuring the drivers and calibrating your pressure sensitivity in the drivers or your drawing software)

Upgrading to a display will probably not benefit your art in any way, but for you you might find it more "fun" to draw on a display, that's all the difference it made for me anyhow. The quality of your work will probably not improve by any noticable amounts and in fact I'd say it's a bit harder to draw on a display (because the display is standing vertically aligned you can't keep your arm fully rested while you draw like you can with a regular tablet, so drawing on a regular tablet once used to it is actually more comfortable and it has the added benefit that your hand is never obscuring your view of your drawing)

On my yiynova which is made of glass, the resistance is significantly lower than on my wacom medium sized tablet, it's simple, the wacom tablets have a textured hard plastic surface with a soft plastic (or carbon or other material based) pen nibs, meanwhile my yiynova has a glass display and a hard plastic nib, plastic slides really easily over glass and there's almost no resistance whereas on the wacom the nib would wear pretty fast because of how the surface texture of the wacom tablet would well, wear it out. The only possible downside is that I have to wear artist gloves to slide my hand across the glass (skin doesn't glide across glass very easily) these shipped with my tablet though so it's ok, and while I'm drawing, I can't see through my hand so whatever part of the drawing is underneath my hand I can't see, that's also a bad thing compared to drawing on a regular tablet.

In general, I'd advise you only to buy one if you have the money to burn and you think you will have more fun drawing on it, because after all if you draw a lot, every little thing that increases your fun and how good you feel while you draw and while you work will help so you shouldn't be sparing any expense there. I never spare expense on anything that I do a lot of (like my computer, I use it a lot, so I take great care to have the best hardware I can find, even spent a mountain of cash on the best keyboard I could find.)
:iconartofnym:
ArtofNym Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I used a Wacom Intuos for years and I upgraded to a Cintiq 22HD about 2 years ago and i'll never regret it,
I had already wanted to get a Cintiq for ages but the price was holding me back.
My art did get some improvements because of the screen but I think it's also because I can get a better look at my art when i'm drawing right on the screen ( if that makes sense?) . 

Also I decided to get the 22HD instead of the 22HD touch because with the touch you need to wear a special glove while drawing else it'll respond to your hand... which could be quite frustrating.

I had tried some Cintiq clones but they were terrible (including the Yiynova) They always had issues with pen pressure, dual monitors and their software.
So do research them properly before buying any of those, could be that they got improved in the meantime? 

Before I had my Cintiq I had dual monitors aswell but I replaced one monitor for the Cintiq and I attached the Cintiq to a deskmount so I can also use it as a normal monitor (and it's also a great screen for games).

Also if you do decide to buy, keep an eye on the Wacom store, they sometimes sell demo versions or 2nd hands for a cheap price and they are still working perfectly well (I got a demo version myself).

Well no clue if they got any in your country... but I do know that conventions like Comiccon often have a Wacom booth where you can try them.
Astralseed Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2016  Professional General Artist
Yeah, I know a lot of people below keep saying that the off brand ones are good and much cheaper, but I imagine they don't have much to compare it to.  Your feedback after using wacom and off brands goes hand in hand with what I've heard from others who have used both as well.  

I'm not sure I'd want to replace one of my monitors completely with the cintiq, since I use my monitors so much that they have things burned into them and I'd be really upset with myself if I did that to a cintiq!  

Thanks a lot for the heads up on the wacom store, I'll need to check that out and see if I can find a deal.  Hmm, I'm not sure if there are any cons in my area anytime soon, but I'll check into it.  Thanks for the great feedback!!
:iconzinrius:
Zinrius Featured By Owner Aug 20, 2016   Digital Artist
I was also debating on the price of the cintiq back in the day

But then I stumbled on a 19" cintiq-like hardware called Yiynova MSPU19

400 bucks and it works great on windows 10 : )

You just gotta download the windows 10 driver
I'm not dropping 100's of dollars into electronics that work "great".  If I'm going to drop this kind of money I want more than great.  My current tablet works great, and I have no real need to upgrade other than being able to drop the extra money into an upgrade for something that is more than just "great".  

I understand the off brands are functional, but I also understand that they are not as good as the wacom's.  If there were a need to upgrade without the money to back it I'd consider one of the off brand tablets. 
:iconminilog:
Minilog Featured By Owner Edited Aug 20, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I upgraded to the Cintiq companion 2 (i5) from an Intuos pen&touch small recently. It runs everything I need fine and the highest number of layers I've used thus far (in sai) has been over the 100+ mark and had no issues as well as running multiple programs and games with no issues. I also use it for small animations but haven't thoroughly tested it's capabilities in animation software. Drawing with it is so much more natural and I've seen an improvement in my work since I started using it. I feels like drawing on paper and has a little less resistance than my old tablet which is nice as my last one was really rough (in comparison), the cintiq has a very steady resistance which just feels natural and you can lay down long fast lines with much more ease and stability. And being able to see what your doing right where you are drawing is is really nice, it gave me a whole new perspective to digital drawing it's so much more usable. It's just a huge upgrade on the capabilities of my old tablet. I've been experimenting with digital painting for ages with my older tablet and could never get good results but on this new on it just comes so much easier and this makes it even more enjoyable. I'd highly recommend a cintiq to anyone looking to upgrade their current tablet. It's well worth the price.

(Edited because I realised my wording was way off and backwards. Woops.)
I regularly drop 500+ layers into Photoshop, though I would like to hope that a cintiq could handle that without any real problems?  
:iconminilog:
Minilog Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I couldn't tell you really, I haven't had any issues so far and the whole system has ran smoothly, but again I don't use that many layers I would like to think that the i5 (the model I have) could handle that kind workload though, I don't see why not besides that there might not be enough memory space but even then I'm not entirely sure. If you want to ensure you'll get the most out of a Companion 2 for a very long period of time I'd get one of the i7 models, they are on the higher end of the Companion 2 line and the price is higher, they can handle 3d modeling and more intense programs and workloads for sure. But alternately if you aren't that bothered about wanting a portable computer just get a normal Cintiq for your desktop, then you don't need to worry about it not handling the layer count as that would just be up to your PC like it currently is.
:icondistelschweif:
Distelschweif Featured By Owner Edited Aug 20, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
my first was a Wacom Bamboo pen and touch 3th Gen. And now I have buy a Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD Touch ^^

Edit: The Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD is really nice, and it is easy to handle.
with the ergo stand , it is even easier to handle , because you can the Cintiq bend forward directly in front of you , so you can work comfortably.
The weight increases greatly with the ergo stand , since it is best to have a fixed space that you have to move it back and forth is not always. The Cintiq is very expensive it cost single ~2.700 € (~ 3.057 $) . Currently it is again with the Ergo stand with discount for 2.600 € (~ 2.944 $)

eu-store.wacom.com/Catalog/Pen…

:icondogedays:
DogeDays Featured By Owner Aug 19, 2016  Student
i have a Cintiq Companion, I upgraded to it from a Bamboo Create, and while I was comfortable using that tablet, I really love my Cintiq. it feels a lot more natural to be drawing directly on the surface, and the pen glides across it much more smoothly than it did on my Bamboo. if you could afford it I would definitely recommend it c: 
:iconilokecoffee:
ILokeCoffee Featured By Owner Aug 19, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
I get where this comes from and as a Wacon user myself I don't fell that uploading to Cintiq. Not only is it too expensive to drop such amount of cash, as yours is new, and it not the tablet that will make your art better. That is completely up to the artist's skill and vision of his/hers work.
I hope I'd help.
Add a Comment: