Mac VS. PC

I used to think mac was allot better but if you look at it from a different angle in perspective, i now like the PC allot better. for mac,it isnt open based. you cant configure the shit out of your PC like you would do with a dell, or a toshiba and what not. for me i like to make it so that i can have full access to any computer at any time i feel like it. (WATCH OUT FOR PEOPLE WHO LOSE LAPTOPS LMAO) which is a pretty easy process. there are things which when the computer starts acting up, you can get it repaired and it will be new again. mac on the other hand, once you screw something up, there is no replacement. its done. go get another 900$ mac. i remember my teach used to have a mac but it got broken and she said she could easily fix it if it wasnt so...non-fixable.

NB4 software turds.
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
 Mac operating system and windows operating are the best on their places. The most different between MAC & windows PC  is cost. I have using windows PC since 2005  and Also in my schooling life, I was using windows PC. Windows PCs are very easy to understand and most f the software supports. But in the case of Mac operating, It is very fine and advance OS. 
I want to say Mac because I grew up with a Mac and my schools always taught us how to use PCs. So i always just grew up with that bias.
But now that I own a PC I don't think I'll ever go back. It still holds a special place in my heart though.
PC MASTER RACE! Filthy Mac Heretics. 
Windows definitely for me. xD
Ever since I built my first PC I've come to the conclusion that most pre-built systems are trash. What bothers me the most about my laptop is that I don't know everything about it, since I didn't assemble it myself.

Outside of that stuff though between Mac and PC (or more accurately windows pcs) it's just about the OS your feel comfortable with. Some people say "oh your an artist you must use Mac right?" um no. I'm someone with a brain that understands marketing. I don't care for OSX mainly because I've had to use it on many occasions. I'm comfortable with windows and it contains the programs I want to run.
dafuq why build pc when you can buy. no hassle.
Because you're getting excatly what you want rather than a "good enough" system. Since building I've also come to the conclusion that most pre-built systems suck. If you build your own system you can tweak it to whatever needs you have. If you would rather buy though I'd suggest Velocity Micro's systems.
Does urs look decent?
not bad but i thoguht you built the computer part which what i was refering to.
"the computer part" ???

I guess you're referring to the chassis. Yeah most people don't build their own cases. Building a computer is basically like putting legos together.
I can't say I'm a fan of the Macintosh platform. Especially after this year, after they placed a lockout on each new device that prohibits the use of using a bootable external disk. This causes all sorts of problems when you have to work on them for a living.

And look, I don't want to say that the Macintosh platform is bad, I think Apple puts out a very nice product. But their business practices basically ensure that if you own one, they own you and you're bound to get ripped off at one point or another.
Thats what im tryna say!!
Unless this is a very new change, I've never had any problems booting a Mac with an OS on an external drive.
Any Macintosh models manufactured as of January 2015.
I've got an early 2015 Macbook Pro and I haven't had any problems booting off external drives.
Maybe it wasn't January. All I know is that earlier this year most of the MacBooks we've sold don't allow an external boot device. It's made restoring them a pain since I'm forced to redownload OS X each time.