photoshop files turns up as icons in explorer - not as miniatures.

Hello!

After an upgrade of photoshop, the windows explorer is not showing the *.psd files as thumbnail images / miniatures anymore but as icons with the photoshop logo. Which makes it a drag to look for a file if you haven't named them well. And I have a lot of personal stock named star01, star02, star03. .... star65 and wall01, wall02.... well I think you get the point.

Now I want to change the value for the pic so that it shows not an icon but a thumb / miniature when I have the catalogue in image mode. How do I do that?
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I highly recommend the use of Bridge alongside Photoshop. View files, batch rename, sort, open, move - whatever you need to do use Bridge. :)
I've read about 'bridge' but not so sure about it for only a preview which I actually believe should work with newer windows versions as well as older. I guess I'll wait and see what affect windows 10 may have on the previews. Hopefully it's solved by then.
Hi, it's well worth a look, some people love it where as some prefer to use Lightroom. I would not be without Bridge. Hope you have success. :)
I'll keep that in mind, thanks!  :iconloveredplz:
View all replies
WHAT! You can have the photoshop files show up as thumbnails?!

All this time I thought I could only view it as the blue ".psd" thing!
Yes, I used to be able to view them in earlier versions of windows and psd but from windows 7 / ps 11 or so that option was gone and all I saw was the logo. Very frustrating! Especially since I've sorted things like Paris01, Paris02.... Pari85 - so I have to click through 85 pics to see what I want if I'm unlucky!
Oh boy! >~< That sounds horrible. Did you get to fix it? 
Nope, still looking for a solution :faint:
Oy >< Poor Hera! Did SageThumbs work? 
Have it bookmarked - have yet to check it out for real :iconmoominhugplz:
Any solution yet...? x3
View all replies
I use a thing called SageThumbs .. its a plugin for windows that adds viewing options for a bunch of graphics formats (162) including all my PSDs.  This way I can see all my image formats, psd's and all right in file manager. Makes life much simpler.

www.softpedia.com/get/System/O…

A little searching also gave me these options, which I have not tried

imacify.com/2014/05/view-psd-t…

www.sigtutorials.com/resources…

You probably want to research any OS plugins you download, to make sure they are safe for your system configuration.

LM
Tried your 2nd link. Worked like a charm with CC 2015 :)
Thanks a lot for the tips!
I have the same problem. Haven't used Bridge much, but can be a good solution :)
Perhaps yes, very annoying that it's so hard to look for pics!
Adobe Bridge creates thumbs for .psd files and other formats. It does other things too which I haven't explored. Since I don't have extensive .psd libraries, really didn't worry too much. One of these days, guess I will have to :)
Hi!

You have to use the Bridge ;) - or try Mystic Thumbs!
mysticcoder.net/mysticthumbs.h…
Thanks for the tip. I'll check that one out!
Thanks for the answer Nikos-Art : untill Hera asked the question, I never mind about viewing *.psd files as thumbnail 'cause I'm used to save also or a jpeg or a png close to it. So...
But please, as 
MysticThumbs isn't free, what do we have to understand by "using the Bridge" ?
Cheers.

In Bridge you can see a thumb of the .psd file. ;)