Photoshop CMYK Values Help

Hello,

I have been working on an image in Photoshop CS4 with RGB setting. There are specific colour values I have been given to enter for the CMYK values. I've entered them in, coloured the picture, then I click back with the eye dropper tool and find the CMYK values have changed ever so slightly. If this image is later placed into InDesign or similar, will the colours read as different? I really need the colours to be accurate.
I will probably need to save the image as a CMYK at the end, anyway, when I send it on (which is the best way to do this?). I've done some tests to change it to CMYK yet the colours still aren't quite the accurate values.

Could anyone help, please? I need to get this done pretty soon, so will be very, very grateful for any help! :aww:
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You can't work in RGB and expect CMYK values to stay constant. When you enter them they're translated to The closest RGB color. Then when you measure it's translated back to CMYK and those errors add up to different values. 

You have to work in CMYK mode. 
Okay, thanks for replying. :) Would it work if I made a CMYK settings document then pasted the image back into that, then edited the colours to be the CMYK values?
Yeah but you'll have to check all of the colors.