Recent Windows 7 patch (Reboot loop issue)

Don't worry guys, I havn't been hit by another infinite reboot loop (that was caused by a stick of dodgy ram).
I have heard the latest windows update patch (KB3033929) has been causing some systems to be affected with an infinite reboot loop glitch.

While I have my current Windows update settings off (because they kept undoing a registry change I made so the system would recognize my my DVD drive and one of my external drives), I am about to install Windows again on my new SSD, and the OS will probably need a whole load of updates to work at its best. 
How can I avoid picking up the pesky patch KB3033929 on my "new" system? Can I select the patches manually?
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
One more question before I go ahead and do it:

I've been hearing about something called AHCI, which several tutorials suggest the BIOS is set to before installing windows on an SSD. What is the benefit of doing this and is it important to do?
Yes. Set it to "Check for updates, but let me choose when to download and install them". You can select from the lists and only install what you want :)
Excellent. That's the problem solved then.

Thanks again.