Tablet doesn't work with screen recording apps

I'm using a Macbook OS X 10.7.5 and QuickTime Player.The tablet I'm using is an Intous Pen and Touch.
Every time I try to make a speed paint my tablet starts going all weird.When I try to ink a line on a painting app it won't recognise the stroke unless I press really hard or it would notice it after about 5 seconds.The mouse works fine.It only happens with a screen recorder.I even tried changing to Screen Flick but the same thing happened.
I tried to re-install the drivers,changing the USB port but nothing works.Does anyone have a solution? 
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Make sure nothing you don't absolutely need is runing to start. 

It's really hard to find a screen recorder for any system that doesn't bog down with art programs, unfortunately.  Best advice I can give after trying to do screen record myself is to just go online and google, find some new programs, check reviews, try free ones first, etc.

It seems that what works for one person may not work for another, due to various reasons, trial and error is annoying but probably the only way you'll find something that works. 

Or you can rig a camera over your shoulder somehow and video yourself oldschool....
It works!Thank you so much!
Thank you!I'll try that
OSX 10.7.5 is pretty old by now. It lost support as of Oct 2014 and the current OSX version is 10.10.
But more importantly, what are the specs of your computer? (CPU, graphics, RAM, etc.) Is it a Mac Book or Mac Book Pro?
It's a macbook and I think it's specs are x86-84 CPU and the graphics are Intel GMA.I think it has 2 GB of RAM.It's processor is 2 GHz Intel Core 2 duo
Yeah those are fairly low specs overall. Nowadays 4GB of RAM and a faster Intel i5 processor is the minimum in Mac laptops (excluding the not yet released new 12" macbook).

Do you have any other problems while using your tablet or while running other programs? (Photoshop? Paint Tool SAI?, youtube, skype/IM, games, etc.) Does it crash every now and then or the screen goes black?
At the very least I would suggest seeing if you can upgrade to a newer version of OS. At least 10.8 if you can.

My guess is that you don't have enough RAM and/or powerful enough on-board graphics to operate the screen recording software and draw at the same time, because both are graphics intensive. I'm not sure why you have to press really hard on the tablet to get it to register your pen though. It could be a failed driver, could be the recording software interfering with the driver, or something else related to your hardware specs. In any case, try using different screen recorders. It could just be that the one you chose is more resource intensive on your computer than another.
Yeah,I usually have safari running and some other apps open automatically when I turn the system on.I don't really have any other problems except I'm sometimes forced to turn the laptop off because it's become so slow at times.But thank you for your advice!You generally helped me and now I understand why my macbook does that.I am very appreciative for your help and your knowledge has helped me a great deal.Again,thank you
Weak hardware specs?
Is there a solution to that?(sorry if this is a stupid question)