Is there a program that: when you edit a file on one computer, it happens on another computer?

Let me explain myself since that probably made no sense.

I have a laptop and a PC, both I use frequently and I also draw with both of them. 
What I'd like is when I edit one of my drawings on my PC, it changes the file of the drawing on my laptop.

Kind of like the two computers are sharing the same file, I suppose.
Does anyone know of something like that?
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I suggest install GoodSync www.goodsync.com/ and synchronize your work over WiFi.
I have a NAS for hosting all my projects, so I kind of solved it this way.
Not unless you have home network storage and are saving it there.
I use. Evernote for all my notes and reference material.   It syncs with my iPad and computer.  It also has a web client so I can pull it up on any computer.   If you dropped your image in and hit sync you could open it on the other system.   It will also sync automatically.  You might need copy it out and back in after each edit.   

evernote.com
If you keep both computers in the same local network, you could use just about any sync tool that exists out there. I used SyncToy by Microsoft for quite a while (www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo…), and it is really just as easy as setting up the folders you want to sync, and the tool synchronizes the files in both folders. Your advantage here compared to cloud storages like dropbox would be, you don't need a high speed internet connection to transfer a 200MB Photoshop file to your cloud storage and then download it again to your other computer :P
Thank you, I'll look into this since it seems to be pretty much what I want :)
You can have a single external hard drive on which you would keep your work. Just plug it into whichever computer you are using.
That way both computers would see the same image, and mods done with one would be seen by the other.
I distrust the cloud. There is a potential for other people to access anything online.
Yup Drop Box, or if you wanted a different solution you can also use a Networked Shared drive and you can work off that directly. It would be quicker then drop box but requires purchases hardware.
You could also use a computer mirroring software (you control the actions of another computer)?
But that's sounds too cumbersome for what you want it sounds
Dropbox would do that (and also upload the files to your own personal dropbox site), but I would go with BitTorrent Sync, www.getsync.com/how-it-works (download here www.getsync.com/platforms/desk…) basically you install the BitTorrent program on your laptop and desktop, get the key and share it to the other computer, then set up a shared folder on both computers.  Any changes to a folder will be synced to the other computer, and unlike dropbox, there's no restrictions in terms of file sizes (since there's no cloud with BitTorrent Sync).
I'm going to try this out now, it seems to be what I'm looking for. Thank you!
You can use programmes like dropbox for this. Dropbox is like a folder on your computer which you can put your files into, however once you put a new file in there, the file is synced to any other devices you have your dropbox folder installed on. It works the same for updating files as well, once you save the changes, it updates all the devices :) I think the cloud does something similar but I've only ever used dropbox. I hope that helps.
I'll try out drop box, thank you for the recommendation!